Bills vs. Raiders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySucAal11ZI

Amazing game...the kickers were missing extra points that day...that ice frozen turf doesn't look fun to play on...Kelly had 2 very nice TD passes to Billy Brooks. I was in 7th grade going ballistic when they won this game....

sorry had to look back at history before bed. carry on

was this the 51-3 blowout ? Howie Long's last game?

It's always been a theory of mine as to why Howie has always been negative towards Buffalo while in the booth.

No, that was the 1990 AFC Championship game. The game they are talking about now was in 1993. Jeff Hostetler was QBing the Raiders and it was flipping cold, like Green Bay cold. IIRC it was cold like that the week before against the Jets as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySucAal11ZI

Amazing game...the kickers were missing extra points that day...that ice frozen turf doesn't look fun to play on...Kelly had 2 very nice TD passes to Billy Brooks. I was in 7th grade going ballistic when they won this game....

sorry had to look back at history before bed. carry on

Loved that game. I was a season ticket holder, and two weeks before against the Jets in the last regular season game the Bills played at home at it was almost as cold. I remember leaving that Jets game thinking - "thank God the Bills have next week off with the bye, so it will get a little warmer." Lo and behold, it was even colder for that Raiders game! The AFC Championship game the following week was like being in Florida - it "warmed up" all the way into the high 30's!!!

Two other facts about that game. The Hall of Fame has ignorant idiots voting to keep Steve Tasker out year after year. Secondly, don't you love those old fashioned Blue home Jerseys with the white pants??? Screw these stupid WAC styled blue on blue things they wear today.

No, that was the 1990 AFC Championship game. The game they are talking about now was in 1993. Jeff Hostetler was QBing the Raiders and it was flipping cold, like Green Bay cold. IIRC it was cold like that the week before against the Jets as well.

It was damn cold. I personally think that the Raiders game was worse than the Jets game, though I did get frostibte at the Jets game. Both were awful conditions for a fan just sitting there at the games.

I find those games somewhat comparable, though the other end of the spectrum, to the Bills/Jags game in 2003. It was Sunny, Hot and Humid in Jacksonville to a point where it was nearly unbearable. At least you can keep trying to add more clothing for the winter games as opposed to shedding the clothing for the heat. (women shedding their clothing did make for some nice scenery though)