ACORN Pimp Gets Busted

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the report prepared by Proskuaer, a fairly reputable law firm. on this ACORN scandal. You can read it on your own. Basically it found that there was nothing illegal done ... but that ACORN people definitely need to clean up their act.

Let ye who never advised a buddy on a way to "beat the system" throw the first stone eh?

Anyway, these wingnuts broke the law. Even if they'd caught Mary Landrieu plotting an elopement with Osama bin Laden (expect to see that on the Glenn Beck show) their hands were dirty - and in the eyes of the law if you come to court with dirty hands, what you bring is likewise "dirty" and not fit for the court's consideration. Well, maybe unless you can whip up a little hysteria or something.

What's so funny is, again, the arrogance of these SOBs. There's hypocrisy, and then there is wingnut hypocrisy.

Here is the report prepared by Proskuaer, a fairly reputable law firm. on this ACORN scandal. You can read it on your own. Basically it found that there was nothing illegal done ... but that ACORN people definitely need to clean up their act.

A report commissioned by ACORN, that Proskauer themselves admit is based on secondhand, incomplete, and unverifiable information, that draws some rather ridiculous nit-picky distinctions ("Oh, that was ACORN Housing, not ACORN themselves", "Those were part-time employees, not management") to conclude that ACORN is a seriously mismanaged organization but did nothing illegal despite covering up embezzlement by management.

Again, I don't give a **** about ACORN...but a report that concludes they're not criminal, just incompetent and corrupt, is not a very good defense of them.

A report commissioned by ACORN, that Proskauer themselves admit is based on secondhand, incomplete, and unverifiable information, that draws some rather ridiculous nit-picky distinctions ("Oh, that was ACORN Housing, not ACORN themselves", "Those were part-time employees, not management") to conclude that ACORN is a seriously mismanaged organization but did nothing illegal despite covering up embezzlement by management.

Again, I don't give a **** about ACORN...but a report that concludes they're not criminal, just incompetent and corrupt, is not a very good defense of them.

The point is whether it's an institutionalized behaviour or whether there are some bad people working there and insufficient management to weed them out. The organization itself was not created, and doesn't exist, to falsify elections, lie, cheat, steal etc.

Condemning the entire organization because some people did bad things, and management didn't deal with it properly, would be like saying our Armed Forces are criminal groups because a teeny handful of military personnel break the law.

Anyway, I don't particularly care about ACORN and am not trying to defend them. Whatever you say about them, though, they didn't pose as telephone repairmen and attempt to tap a Senator's phone. THAT is breaking the law. And it's hysterical that the a-holes who tried so hard to bring ACORN down for illegal activity would so blatantly engage in it themselves. Hysterical...and just what you'd expect of these hypocrites.

The point is whether it's an institutionalized behaviour or whether there are some bad people working there and insufficient management to weed them out.

You know, though...either way, they probably shouldn't be getting federal funds.

Love how some refer to this tea bagging racist assclown O'Keefe as a "journalist". That presupposes this idiot and his flunkies have shown even the remotest sense of impartiality. C'mon..going after Mary L., a vulnerable democrat in a hick state. O'Keefe isn't even a third rate Michael Moore which is fully why I expect Fux News to hire him after he gets his slap on the wrist.

What is it with neocon operatives tapping fone lines anyway?

Love how some refer to this tea bagging assclown O'Keefe as a "journalist". That presupposes this idiot and his flunkies have shown even the remotest sense of impartiality. C'mon..going after Mary L., a vulnerable democrat in a hick state. O'Keefe isn't even a third rate Michael Moore which is fully why I expect Fux News to hire him after he gets his slap on the wrist.

You've got this liberal vitriolic rant down to a tee, you've got the word "tea bagging", "hick", "neocon" and "Fux News" all in less than 70 words. Your master Olberman would be proud.

Love how some refer to this tea bagging assclown O'Keefe as a "journalist". That presupposes this idiot and his flunkies have shown even the remotest sense of impartiality. C'mon..going after Mary L., a vulnerable democrat in a hick state. O'Keefe isn't even a third rate Michael Moore which is fully why I expect Fux News to hire him after he gets his slap on the wrist.

He was charged with wiretapping phones? I must have missed that. Oh, wait. Maybe his friends were. No...wait...hmmmmm. I just can't find anything about them wiretapping phones.

Funny. You're usually SO reliable with your information.

He was charged with wiretapping phones? I must have missed that. Oh, wait. Maybe his friends were. No...wait...hmmmmm. I just can't find anything about them wiretapping phones.

Funny. You're usually SO reliable with your information.

That's right...keep defending this piece of garbage.

The more you post the more the Kos poll comes to life on these very pages.

http://www.newser.com/story/79995/james-ok...resentment.html

http://www.salon.com/news/james_okeefe/ind...te_nationalists

Newser is a news aggregator with brains. We select the best news stories from hundreds of sources all over the web, read them for you, and summarize them in two succinct, sharply written paragraphs or less. Our signature news grid offers a vivid snapshot of the news of the day in photos, headlines, and pop-up summaries.

A source specifically designed to cater to people who want only a shallow understanding of things? That explains so much about you right there. :thumbdown:

http://www.salon.com/news/james_okeefe/ind...te_nationalists

Man, it's great to have you back. I had no idea the January Playgirl would keep you locked up this long.

So let's follow the discourse:

You: He was wiretapping the phone lines.

Me: Where does it say he was wiretapping the phone lines?

You: HE'S A RACIST!

Seems to me that DailyKos comes to life on these very pages every time you post a thought.

A source specifically designed to cater to people who want only a shallow understanding of things? That explains so much about you right there. :thumbdown:

A joke your nothingness? I guess you missed the multiple O'Keefe misadventures I posted a link to below newser dumbass.

Actually I was trying to cater to most of the ADD konservative kooks that fuel this site.

Man, it's great to have you back. I had no idea the January Playgirl would keep you locked up this long.

So let's follow the discourse:

You: He was wiretapping the phone lines.

Me: Where does it say he was wiretapping the phone lines?

You: HE'S A RACIST!

Seems to me that DailyKos comes to life on these very pages every time you post a thought.

When four young republican operative bozos invade a democratic senators office dressed as phone company guys I doubt they're out collecting for the Red Cross. Unless you take O'Keefe's lame excuse at face value :thumbdown:

When four young republican operative bozos invade a democratic senators office dressed as phone company guys I doubt they're out collecting for the Red Cross. Unless you take O'Keefe's lame excuse at face value :thumbdown:

Slow newsday on the Palin front?