Mock Draft...11 results in one

Munch

What nobody has mentioned is the following. What if we think none of these guys is our franchise QB. We decide to go with the an OT or LB in our first pick, and I would imagine we pick up a QB maybe in the 3rd round. Assuming there is football next year, what QBs look like they are coming out that WOULD be a franchise pick next year?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you missed my line when I said:

"you get your QB whenever you think you have the chance to get a good one."

The post wasn't that long, nor difficult to understand. I argued that building an oline and then praying you find a QB when you think you are already to go makes ZERO sense. In fact, think about this way, what if we had that oline built and were ready to go? Now we would be faced with finding that franchise QB this season - one in which you say may not contain and good QB's. See the problem with that game plan?

Sounds like you guys are in agreement then. Since we don't have a shot at a good QB we don't get one right since this is a bad year? How do you know you have a good QB if he has a bad line and can't throw the ball from his backside? Maybe you get the QB, get him killed for a year or 2, get your line fixed and then find out your "good QB" really sucks and regressed because he was too busy looking out of his earhole?

Sounds like you guys are in agreement then. Since we don't have a shot at a good QB we don't get one right since this is a bad year? How do you know you have a good QB if he has a bad line and can't throw the ball from his backside? Maybe you get the QB, get him killed for a year or 2, get your line fixed and then find out your "good QB" really sucks and regressed because he was too busy looking out of his earhole?

I find these arguments to be more hyperbole than truth. Our QB's are NOT on their backside every play or every other play or every third play. To say so is just a strawman argument. QB's with talent will make quicker throws, more accurately and thus will eliminate the brain cramps that have plagued us for years. We couldn't get it done with Mike Gandy at LT, but Arizona can? Why? Because of Kurt Warner - that's why.

Here is another fact..... GOOD QBS DON'T WIN WITHOUT A GOOD LINE. Double Period..

Whether you think a quarterback or offensive line is more important does not matter. It takes a few years to build a good offensive line and have them develop chemistry, and it takes a few years to develop a quarterback. This team is in a rebuilding process. Whoever we draft at #9 this year isn't going to make us an instant winner next season. We need to draft the best player available at either quarterback or left tackle. The Bills are deficient at offensive line and quarterback, and it's going to take multiple drafts to find the right players to fix them both.

Kyle Orton is not the answer at QB. He is Trent v2. :doh:

If Denver trades for him and lets him go after 1 year, w/ Brandon Marshall and their O line, there is no way he would work out here.

Someone will give up the pick to sign Marshall he is a RFA that doen't want to be in Denver.

I find these arguments to be more hyperbole than truth. Our QB's are NOT on their backside every play or every other play or every third play. To say so is just a strawman argument. QB's with talent will make quicker throws, more accurately and thus will eliminate the brain cramps that have plagued us for years. We couldn't get it done with Mike Gandy at LT, but Arizona can? Why? Because of Kurt Warner - that's why.

Did you not see that we finished #4 overall in sacks allowed with almost exactly 3 a game? That doesn't even count knock downs, hurries etc.

So, are you really comparing a rookie QB who has never played a down in the NFL with a HORRIBLE LT situation with what we have now...to one of the best, sure to be hall of fame 10 year plus veteran QBs that makes a mediocre LT look serviceable? Is that really what you are doing to try to prove your point? There are only a handful of VETERAN QBs that can make a bad line look better. A ROOKIE WILL GET KILLED!!!

Arizona has perhaps 1 less than above average o-linemen in Gandy. Partially due to youth, ALL of our current guys are average at the VERY best.

Whether you think a quarterback or offensive line is more important does not matter. It takes a few years to build a good offensive line and have them develop chemistry, and it takes a few years to develop a quarterback. This team is in a rebuilding process. Whoever we draft at #9 this year isn't going to make us an instant winner next season. We need to draft the best player available at either quarterback or left tackle. The Bills are deficient at offensive line and quarterback, and it's going to take multiple drafts to find the right players to fix them both.

Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, and Mark Sanchez they don't have to put up monster #'s they just have to be coached properly. 6-10 isn't hard to top

Absolutely agree we need both. Something that has been forgotten in the discussion is free agency. We can get a QB OR a LT in free agency. Moving back to the draft ...what position is more likely to help you immediately? A rookie LT or a rookie QB? Who will help the run game more...a rookie QB who you have to protect and limit his reads and throws...or a rookie LT?

Our best answer to get better the fastest is to go LT in the draft and QB in free agency. ANYONE we get in free agency will be better than what we have.....AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!....get someone that has a freakin' arm. I am so freaking tired of rainbow balls down field giving the DBs all day to get there or the 5 yrd dump off.

Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, and Mark Sanchez they don't have to put up monster #'s they just have to be coached properly. 6-10 isn't hard to top

Three out of four of those teams had good offensive lines and dominating defenses in place. We do not. 6-10 isn't hard to top, but this one draft isn't putting us in the playoffs.

Absolutely agree we need both. Something that has been forgotten in the discussion is free agency. We can get a QB OR a LT in free agency. Moving back to the draft ...what position is more likely to help you immediately? A rookie LT or a rookie QB? Who will help the run game more...a rookie QB who you have to protect and limit his reads and throws...or a rookie LT?

Our best answer to get better the fastest is to go LT in the draft and QB in free agency. ANYONE we get in free agency will be better than what we have.....AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!....get someone that has a freakin' arm. I am so freaking tired of rainbow balls down field giving the DBs all day to get there or the 5 yrd dump off.

Determining which position to select based only on what helps us immediately would be shortsighted. We're not going to be a good team immediately based on one draft pick. Also, look at what's available in free agency this uncapped season. The UFA list is very slim. The long term answer at quarterback will not be found through free agency this season.

its not that denver traded for him. he was merely part of the package theyve got for cutler. and while i agree he wont be the answer hes at least willing to throw downfield.

for me, id love tradedown several times and get a bunch of picks. this team needs alot of players...........

WR, QB, LT It would be nice to have upgrades but if maybin is moved to LB that is all we need I would love to see what other positions we need players at let me know.

Three out of four of those teams had good offensive lines and dominating defenses in place. We do not. 6-10 isn't hard to top, but this one draft isn't putting us in the playoffs.

Determining which position to select based only on what helps us immediately would be shortsighted. We're not going to be a good team immediately based on one draft pick. Also, look at what's available in free agency this uncapped season. The UFAIf we didn't have all the injuries and made some better coaching decisions we would have been a wild card this year so I say we can. list is very slim. The long term answer at quarterback will not be found through free agency this season.

If we didn't have all the injuries and made some better coaching decisions we would have been a wild card this year so I say we can.

Determining which position to select based only on what helps us immediately would be shortsighted. We're not going to be a good team immediately based on one draft pick. Also, look at what's available in free agency this uncapped season. The UFA list is very slim. The long term answer at quarterback will not be found through free agency this season.

Focusing on immediate needs is only short sighted if it hurts you in the long run. That is an important concept to understand. I don't believe skipping getting a first round QB in this draft hurts us in the long run. You can get better fast and even better in the long run with the strategy of putting your O-line together first. Please don't try to make it a case of either or because it is not!

Given our injuries this year and the fact that we had two (very good by the way) rookie guards on the O-line, and good running backs (okay..marshawn didn't have a great year) have a great number 1 receiver, good number 3 receiver and a few guys ready to move into number 2, and given that our offensive line was porous...I don't think the existing offense is far from being able to make it into the playoffs if only one thing gets addressed...the tackle positions. We address those and everything on the EXISTING offense gets better. With better coaching (which I believe we have ...not a very high hurdle to jump over) we get 3 more wins and go to the playoffs. Add a better qb from free agency and who knows where we will go.

Now..lets assume we get the qb to sit and learn for a year and leave the o-line. What is he going to learn from Ryan Fitzpatrick or TE? No pass game, no run game, no wins.

I can buy the argument that we need to fix the defense to be better against the run, which is a compelling need to be addressed, but for the offense and the overall good of the team the O-line has to be addressed first and foremost.

If the question is how we can become a playoff team in the shortest time, the answer is fix the O-line first.

I guess good defenses and rushing attacks didn't have much to do with it either.

how is it possible Clausen or Bradford fall to pick #9, with St Louis & Washington picking ahead?

Dont see it happening, if it does, great, grab em. otherwise, McClain.

The logic is that St. Louis won't pick a QB -- which I agree with. Suh is too good to pass up. They will take him, meaning one of the top 2 QBs will slip. That doesn't mean that he will slip all the way to 9 though. I think there's a very good chance that someone jumps ahead of Buffalo (but behind Washington) to snag whichever QB the 'skins don't take.

I am by no means a draft expert, and I'd listen to Astro and others way before me on this subject, but I'd say the Bills have a decent chance of having either JC or SB fall to them at nine. Let's call it 45%.