Had those cheap hits on Favre happened to Brady....

DarthICE

Five turnovers (three fumbles and two interceptions)

12 men on the field after a time out

A disgraceful rookie QB mistake by a 20 year veteran

Stop crying, take care of the ball & score more points.

+1

saints didnt win yesterday.

refs didnt win the game for saints eithers. this is bs.

vikings LOST that game because of the vikings, resulting in a sloppy win for the saints.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Favre's retarded pass across the body is what lost the Vikings that game...NOT the officiating.

exactly. had he ran for 5 yards (announcers thought he had 15 yards of running room), they win. turnovers loses games. PERIOD. they could have won in regulation despite the supposed bad ref calls.

exactly. had he ran for 5 yards (announcers thought he had 15 yards of running room), they win. turnovers loses games. PERIOD. they could have won in regulation despite the supposed bad ref calls.

Yep 5 yards and be perfectly setup for a 52 yard field goal. Nothing could go wrong there, ball setup on the right hash, it's not like it could ever go "Wide Right".

Those players would have been flagged, fined and ejected. Dirty ass shots on farve all day and only one of them called. I have lost all respect for the Aints. I hope Peyton beats the **** out of them

I was surprised by some of the non calls as well -- especially the high low that the Saints pulled on Favre.

Yep 5 yards and be perfectly setup for a 52 yard field goal. Nothing could go wrong there, ball setup on the right hash, it's not like it could ever go "Wide Right".

Umm your being facetious here right? Because Norwood missed from 47? Just wanted to check is all.

Umm your being facetious here right? Because Norwood missed from 47? Just wanted to check is all.

Yes.. Actually I think it may have been 48 yards.. Point being, there was no guarantee the FG would have been made. Bottom line is if you keep 12 men out of the huddle your not in that position in the first place

Those players would have been flagged, fined and ejected. Dirty ass shots on farve all day and only one of them called. I have lost all respect for the Aints. I hope Peyton beats the **** out of them

You can't be serious. The refs clearly favored the Vikings all game. Yes, Favre was roughed up but they were clean/legal hits. In fact the call against Hargrove was terrible. Not only that but the PI call in the endzone against NO that set up the Vikings tieing TD was horrid (though I will admit the PI against the Vikings in OT was suspect too after looking at it further). I also wonder about that late hit that was called after Favre handed the ball off because the Colts hit Sanchez on the exact same type of play but they didn't get called. Saints won fair and square.

Here's one list that needs to be updated:

Top 10 Favre list

Thanks for that. I remember a bunch of those and I could never understand Favre mania. Madden would have had his baby if it were at all possible. An exciting player? sure thing if you love crushing INTs at the worse possble moments. Has to be exhausting for fans of what ever team he is playing for.

Thanks for that. I remember a bunch of those and I could never understand Favre mania. Madden would have had his baby if it were at all possible. An exciting player? sure thing if you love crushing INTs at the worse possble moments. Has to be exhausting for fans of what ever team he is playing for.

If you need to vomit, go read the NY Times article about the game. Blathering on and on about heroic, injured Favre "leading the Vikings from behind twice". Barely a mention about the defense absolutely dominating the Saints or his unfathomably horrid, game-losing INT. Just pathetic.

If you need to vomit, go read the NY Times article about the game. Blathering on and on about heroic, injured Favre "leading the Vikings from behind twice". Barely a mention about the defense absolutely dominating the Saints or his unfathomably horrid, game-losing INT. Just pathetic.

if that had been brees taking all those brutal and illegal cheap shots, they would have lost 38-10. assuming brees even finished the game

You obviously were routing for the Vikings, because the majority of those hits on Favre were clean, legal but hard. The couple that were late hits, they were flagged. The Saints won the game fair and square, and Minnesota made so many mistakes they didn't deserve to win (6 fumbles, 2 ints, and a big 12 men in the huddle penalty that pushed them out of FG position). That was obviously Greg Williams gameplan, to hit Favre as much as possible, they did, and they wouldn't have won without doing it. I do agree on one thing in your post, and only one thing, even alot of the clean, legal hits would have drawn flags if Wonderboy Tom Brady were playing.

What a tremendous list! I've never seen a QB as over-rated as Favre is. Peyton Manning looks like a MENSA member compared to the decisions Favre makes out on the field!

That is true, even on NFL Network, ESPN and other places, that is why they say Favre will be a first ballot HOFer, but will never be in the elite company of QBs of Manning, Elway, Montana-because he makes too many bad mistakes that have cost his teams too many games.