Andre Reed Needs Our Help!! - VOTE LOTSA TIMES!!

Steely Dan

Yeah, that's how I want my HOF candidates chosen - 10 guys stuck in their mother's basement voting 100,000x each. :rolleyes:

Michael Irvin surprised me the other day. He was on NFLN talking about which receivers, outside of Jerry, deserved to go to the Hall and as I waited for him to say Chris Carter or Shannon Sharpe, Michael says without a doubt, Andre would be his choice for the HOF.

Michael Irvin surprised me the other day. He was on NFLN talking about which receivers, outside of Jerry, deserved to go to the Hall and as I waited for him to say Chris Carter or Shannon Sharpe, Michael says without a doubt, Andre would be his choice for the HOF.

Saw that too and was equally surprized.

Pretty sure, as an HOFer, he has a vote. If so, I hope he uses it on #83. It'd be the first time I'd ever have anything nice to say about Irvin. :flirt:

Saw that too and was equally surprized.

Pretty sure, as an HOFer, he has a vote. If so, I hope he uses it on #83. It'd be the first time I'd ever have anything nice to say about Irvin. :flirt:

He does not. The panel is selected by PFWA; one media member from each NFL city, plus several at-large voters (national guys like McCann Award winners King and Clayton). Rick Gosselin has the sole vote from Dallas.

He does not. The panel is selected by PFWA; one media member from each NFL city, plus several at-large voters (national guys like McCann Award winners King and Clayton). Rick Gosselin has the sole vote from Dallas.

I stand corrected then. Thought I'd heard that inductees earned a vote.

I agree Andre should be in the HOF, but he does not always show loyalty back to Bills, and is a hard person to like at times, no doubt this hurts his ability to get in, With Most of our beloved Bills I would send many Votes for Andre while I hope he gets in I will not,

I stand corrected then. Thought I'd heard that inductees earned a vote.

Inductees and PFRA co-founder Joe Horrigan advise the seniors committee, but that is the extent of the inductees involvement in the process. The inductees are not in the room when the seniors committee debates and votes.

Nope. I know baseball does it that way, not sure about hoops/hockey, but Canton is a media-only gig.

I'll refrain from commenting further...I am guessing you know my thoughts on that topic.

Um. You realize this has absolutely no effect on the actual HOF vote, correct? Nice marketing tie-in, though.

:flirt: I thought this was pro-bowl voting where the fans had a minor say.

Nope. I know baseball does it that way, not sure about hoops/hockey, but Canton is a media-only gig.

The current list: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/selectionprocess.aspx

Thanks for the list of names that's cool.

BTW, Carter over Reed?! You're smoking crack!!

I agree Andre should be in the HOF, but he does not always show loyalty back to Bills, and is a hard person to like at times, no doubt this hurts his ability to get in, With Most of our beloved Bills I would send many Votes for Andre while I hope he gets in I will not,

??? Loyalty back to the Bills ?? Whats that about? AThis guy went over the middle time and time again for our enjoyment and to help his team win... Never once did I ever see Andre experience alligator arms like some top 10 receivers of today. Thats loyality and commitment to team.

If I recall correctly didn't he have a knee injury during his contract year, which cost him offers from other teams and allowed Ralph to show his loyalty by lowballing Andre back to the Bills.