Buffalo Bashers vs Bills Bashers

Four out-of town articles posted on Two Bills Drive, as well as Colin Cowherd's show on ESPN Radio today bash either the Bills and/or Buffalo. The Detroit and Vegas article question and criticize the Bills decision to hire Nix and Gailey. The Minnesota article says Bills blew it by not hiring Les Frazier. Cowherd says Buffalo is next to last (thank you Raiders) in terms of the best places to coach in NFL. The worst article was Mike Rosenberg's CNN/SI piece where in addition to mocking the hiring decisions, he takes the following shot at Buffalo fans - If you're a Bills fan, and the whole country makes fun of your city, and your team is best known for losing Super Bowls, and the best player in franchise history turns out to be ... O.J. Simpson.

My rebuttal to each:

Minnesota - ok, I give you Frazier might have been a good choice. I personally probably would have picked him over Gailey. But given Buffalo's offensive woes of the past decade, I can't argue with the Bill's decision to go with an offense oriented approach.

Vegas - does any sportswriter in Vegas have any credibility. Oh yeah, Vegas - home of the UFL's Locomotives whose QB is JP Losman (who got cut by Buffalo). More people read posts on Two Bills Drive than read Vegas papers.

Detroit - 0-16 / worst team of the decade (who are you to criticize anybody's football team). 'Nuf said.

Cowherd - honestly, I like Cowherd's show. Much in the same way I loved Cliff Clavin on "Cheers". It's always fun to listen to the village know-it-all, even though you also know he is also the village idiot.

Finally...Rosenberg.....

Yes, most of the country makes fun of Buffalo - until they spend any time there! (BTW - I left Buffalo for a job 15 years ago and have lived around the country - there might be glitzier places, but there aren't any homier places!!). Dude - you live in Detroit!! Who are you to throw stones!!

OJ the best player?? I guess you never heard of other guys like Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Jack Kemp, or Thurman Thomas . I forgot, you were probably covering the Wayne Fontes Lions at that time. I can see why you might have missed some of those names. (But I do understand that the OJ comment was a quick and easy way to take a cheap shot at Buffalo).

And yes, those 4 Super Bowl losses. Can't argue it would have been nice to win at least one of them. But getting there four years in a row was still a lot of fun That's still something no other team has ever done - not even Bellicheat's Patriots. Not to belabor the whole Detroit angle - but last I looked, the Lions HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN TO ONE!

So..for all you writers out there. Feel free to bash the Bills as that comes with the territory. But before you start bashing the people and fans of Buffalo, come join 75,000 of us some December Sunday afternoon at One Bills Drive when our team is 4-10 and its snowing (if your tough enough!). We will show you what fans and community (and tailgating) are all about.

The Bills - "it might be an ugly mutt, but they are still MY mutt"!!

Four out-of town articles posted on Two Bills Drive, as well as Colin Cowherd's show on ESPN Radio today bash either the Bills and/or Buffalo. The Detroit and Vegas article question and criticize the Bills decision to hire Nix and Gailey. The Minnesota article says Bills blew it by not hiring Les Frazier. Cowherd says Buffalo is next to last (thank you Raiders) in terms of the best places to coach in NFL. The worst article was Mike Rosenberg's CNN/SI piece where in addition to mocking the hiring decisions, he takes the following shot at Buffalo fans - If you're a Bills fan, and the whole country makes fun of your city, and your team is best known for losing Super Bowls, and the best player in franchise history turns out to be ... O.J. Simpson.

My rebuttal to each:

Minnesota - ok, I give you Frazier might have been a good choice. I personally probably would have picked him over Gailey. But given Buffalo's offensive woes of the past decade, I can't argue with the Bill's decision to go with an offense oriented approach.

Vegas - does any sportswriter in Vegas have any credibility. Oh yeah, Vegas - home of the UFL's Locomotives whose QB is JP Losman (who got cut by Buffalo). More people read posts on Two Bills Drive than read Vegas papers.

Detroit - 0-16 / worst team of the decade (who are you to criticize anybody's football team). 'Nuf said.

Cowherd - honestly, I like Cowherd's show. Much in the same way I loved Cliff Clavin on "Cheers". It's always fun to listen to the village know-it-all, even though you also know he is also the village idiot.

Finally...Rosenberg.....

Yes, most of the country makes fun of Buffalo - until they spend any time there! (BTW - I left Buffalo for a job 15 years ago and have lived around the country - there might be glitzier places, but there aren't any homier places!!). Dude - you live in Detroit!! Who are you to throw stones!!

OJ the best player?? I guess you never heard of other guys like Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Jack Kemp, or Thurman Thomas . I forgot, you were probably covering the Wayne Fontes Lions at that time. I can see why you might have missed some of those names. (But I do understand that the OJ comment was a quick and easy way to take a cheap shot at Buffalo).

And yes, those 4 Super Bowl losses. Can't argue it would have been nice to win at least one of them. But getting there four years in a row was still a lot of fun That's still something no other team has ever done - not even Bellicheat's Patriots. Not to belabor the whole Detroit angle - but last I looked, the Lions HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN TO ONE!

So..for all you writers out there. Feel free to bash the Bills as that comes with the territory. But before you start bashing the people and fans of Buffalo, come join 75,000 of us some December Sunday afternoon at One Bills Drive when our team is 4-10 and its snowing (if your tough enough!). We will show you what fans and community (and tailgating) are all about.

:ph34r: This message has been approved by CHuck Norris!

My rebuttal to each:

Finally...Rosenberg.....

Great post, but Genny cream ale? :ph34r:

Even though I am furious right now with the Bills (mostly Brandon and Ralph somewhat), this is very well said.

My rebuttal to each:

Finally...Rosenberg.....

I am amazed at the press, especially CNN/SI and ESPN, for bashing the entire city because the team has struggled.

There is no accountability in the media. So much BS is printed and reprinted that the BS start to become real.

I was once told by a very wise person that "Perception is Reality" ... Now I get it.

I am amazed at the press, especially CNN/SI and ESPN, for bashing the entire city because the team has struggled.

There is no accountability in the media. So much BS is printed and reprinted that the BS start to become real.

I was once told by a very wise person that "Perception is Reality" ... Now I get it.

Don't be amazed. As the quantity of media content has skyrocketed in recent years due to 24x7 news cycles and the web, the quality has been likewise diluted. Hence, most don't bother to write anything that requires reserach or thought when they can just use the standard cliches. in this case, that's "Buffalo....it's cold and snows a lot and the Bills lost 4 Super Bowls!".