Armchair GM

Here's what I beleive to be a realistic look at the positions of need, IMHO, that can be addressed in each. We'll start off with Free Agency:

WR - May be a reach, but Id rather see them make a play for Brandon Marshal rather than resigning T.O. I'm in the minority as a T.O. fan, but Marshall is younger and faster with better hands and will pullmore double coverages than T.O.

LT - Marcus McNeill, San Diego: 26 years old, 6'7" 336lbs. playing under rookie (2nd round) contract, monster rookie year, not as flashy the past couple years but still well above average.

Donald Penn, Tampa: 27 years old, 6'5" 305lbs. underated guy, keeps the blind side clean, and the "2nd coming" of the Cadillac was largely do to running so well off tackle to the left. Well balanced and mobile.

D Line:

Johnny Jolly - Assuming we make the move to a 3-4, Jolly is great against the run and has the size to play inside.

Ray Edwards - Love this guy! I think he benfits from being on the best D Line in theNFL in Minn, and it may be a stretch seeing how good he hasplayed this year, so Minn may make him a priority re-sign.

Richard Seymour - Yeah, yeah...ex-*Patriot, but I think he would love to face his former team, that screwed him, a couple times a year.

There are some other attractive free agents (ie. Peppers, Dumerville) but I really don't think they're going anywhere...especially Peppers as he is going to demand some premo coin and he's not exactly a spring chicken!

Draft:

RD 1 (assuming LT is addressed in FA): Rolando McClain - 2nd coming of Patrick Willis. I would be pumped if we land him.

RD 2 Toby Gerhart (BOOM goes the Dynamite) BEAST! Freddy J isn't very young and Beast Load is on his way out, cuz he's a ruhtard.

RD 3 Dan LeFevour - Just wait for this kid's combine...Right now, I've scene him as the 6th rated QB, but I think that is a testament o coming out of the MAC..(see my previous post on this kid)

RD 4, 5, 6a & 6b &7 can be used on depth for thwe OL, DL and maybe WR

Flame away my friends... :ph34r:

had anyone come up with a list of realistic FA's that (A)are an actual need, and (B)would agree to come to this 'awful' organization :ph34r: ?

we always hear who is out there in the market but we have to be realistic...we aren't considered to be a contender, nor are we considered a glamorous destination.....

Most of the players you listed in FA are RFAs and people we'd have to give up 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders for (McNeil, Penn, etc)

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/dl.html

here is a list of all FA by position as well as their age, and some comments about them

That list is not accurate as there will not be an agreement to the collective bargaining agreement in time. This list tells you who is guaranteed to be a UFA and who will be a RFA because of the failure to reach an agreement.

The list of available UFAs is VERY slim.

http://www.theredzone.org/FreeAgency/2010FreeAgents.aspx

Using that list as a guide, I'd like to see us bring it Kevin Walter (WR from Houston), Wade Smith (OT/OG from KC who Gailey knows) and Tully Banta-Cain (OLB from Pats if we switch to a 3-4).

Here's what I beleive to be a realistic look at the positions of need, IMHO, that can be addressed in each. We'll start off with Free Agency:

WR - May be a reach, but Id rather see them make a play for Brandon Marshal rather than resigning T.O. I'm in the minority as a T.O. fan, but Marshall is younger and faster with better hands and will pullmore double coverages than T.O.

LT - Marcus McNeill, San Diego: 26 years old, 6'7" 336lbs. playing under rookie (2nd round) contract, monster rookie year, not as flashy the past couple years but still well above average.

Donald Penn, Tampa: 27 years old, 6'5" 305lbs. underated guy, keeps the blind side clean, and the "2nd coming" of the Cadillac was largely do to running so well off tackle to the left. Well balanced and mobile.

D Line:

Johnny Jolly - Assuming we make the move to a 3-4, Jolly is great against the run and has the size to play inside.

Ray Edwards - Love this guy! I think he benfits from being on the best D Line in theNFL in Minn, and it may be a stretch seeing how good he hasplayed this year, so Minn may make him a priority re-sign.

Richard Seymour - Yeah, yeah...ex-*Patriot, but I think he would love to face his former team, that screwed him, a couple times a year.

There are some other attractive free agents (ie. Peppers, Dumerville) but I really don't think they're going anywhere...especially Peppers as he is going to demand some premo coin and he's not exactly a spring chicken!

Draft:

RD 1 (assuming LT is addressed in FA): Rolando McClain - 2nd coming of Patrick Willis. I would be pumped if we land him.

RD 2 Toby Gerhart (BOOM goes the Dynamite) BEAST! Freddy J isn't very young and Beast Load is on his way out, cuz he's a ruhtard.

RD 3 Dan LeFevour - Just wait for this kid's combine...Right now, I've scene him as the 6th rated QB, but I think that is a testament o coming out of the MAC..(see my previous post on this kid)

RD 4, 5, 6a & 6b &7 can be used on depth for thwe OL, DL and maybe WR

Flame away my friends... :ph34r:

McNeill and Edwards I would put as priority but who knows what will happen regarding the CBA. You may see very little FA movement because of it.

Seymour has a few years left in him..Iwould clearly make the offer.

McClain is a must...which means the Bills will draft anyone but McClain.

Gerhart, I would pass, he will be available in the 3rd..to be honest I'm not really sold on Ingram either....I think J Best will be the RB of this draft.

If we go into next year with Dan Dan LeFevour, Ryan Fitzpatrick/Trent Edwards, and Brian Brohm as our QB's, the following will happen (not neccessarily in this order):

1.) I will vomit.

2.) I will cry.

3.) I will drive to OBD and throw random objects at the office.

4.) I'll buy a New Orleans Saints Jabari Greer jersey and call it a day.