balls to the wall moves

2. Mike Leach Offensive Co-ordinator

3. Trade Marshawn for Michael Vick http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Why-th...chael-Vick.html

4. Draft an Offensive Tackle in Round 1 or round 2

5. Draft a Defensive lineman with either 1 or 2

6. Load up on Defensive and Offensive linemen

7. Re-sign our own free agents

Alternatively we could draft some old guy who hasn't head coached in a decade, who fits in with Ralph and Buddy. He's been a mediocre coach and our goal is to be a mediocre team.

3. Trade Marshawn for Michael Vick http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Why-th...chael-Vick.html

Alternatively we could draft some old guy who hasn't head coached in a decade, who fits in with Ralph and Buddy. He's been a mediocre coach and our goal is to be a mediocre team.

I'm confused... we hired a head coach already... so why would you even post about a head coach as stated in the subject of this thread??

What? :lol:

just positing the idea that we might have gone in another far more aggressive direction.

Actually I like the pick. Gailey fits in the Bills operation. An old underachiever who will bring us to mediocre. We can weed out the players hung up on winning and draft a qb to get chewed up by passing with no offensive line (actually we have two who probably will do for now, but why not draft a third with our first round pick?) Find new assistant coaches from the garbage dump of "what's left" in the NFL reject pool.

I'm sorry for the post. We have what we really want and Ryan, Leach and Vick would have rocked the boat. Offensive and Defensive linemen cost a fortune to feed in training camp...so let's go for a qb and few more db's.

just positing the idea that we might have gone in another far more aggressive direction.

Actually I like the pick. Gailey fits in the Bills operation. An old underachiever who will bring us to mediocre. We can weed out the players hung up on winning and draft a qb to get chewed up by passing with no offensive line (actually we have two who probably will do for now, but why not draft a third with our first round pick?) Find new assistant coaches from the garbage dump of "what's left" in the NFL reject pool.

I'm sorry for the post. We have what we really want and Ryan, Leach and Vick would have rocked the boat. Offensive and Defensive linemen cost a fortune to feed in training camp...so let's go for a qb and few more db's.

Ryan and Vick? Why?

As my mother always says; Don't be sorry...don't do it. :lol:

The only thing that seems aggreessive about this is perhaps the amount you had been drinking or smoking whan posting this... whatever it is that no one understands.

Another sour-mash-inspired thread? (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

It would been nice to have Leach - if not as HC, then as OC - but methinks he's going to end up with the Raiders, either as HC or as OC under Jim Fassell. (Makes sense, what with the pirate thing and all that...)

It'll be interesting to see what he can do with JP Losman and/or Jamarcus Russell.

It would been nice to have Leach - if not as HC, then as OC - but methinks he's going to end up with the Raiders, either as HC or as OC under Jim Fassell. (Makes sense, what with the pirate thing and all that...)

It'll be interesting to see what he can do with JP Losman and/or Jamarcus Russell.

I do feel bad about the sour mash part of the thread, but the idea of bringing in an old guy who has not been offered a head coaching job this century is a little disconcerting.

Rob Ryan is a go getter and defensive guy and Leach is an offensive guy. The team needs to win immediately so Vick looks like the best out there. The worst part of the bills is the offensive line and that should not be too hard to fix with Wood and Levitre looking okay and draft and free agency. Defensive line could use improvement and that cold be addressed. I just threw out one of the ways we might have gone.

Actually Leach to the Raiders makes sense as long as Al Davis feels good with Leach's personality. Raiders are desperate and need to try and catch lighting in a bottle.

Ryan and Vick? Why?

Ryan is young and an up and comer, has really done great things with Cleveland's defense and has a star on the rise (not to mention a good bloodline). Gailey's career has been on a downward slope since 2000. There have been how many head coach openings since he left the headcoaching job at Dallas? And NO ONE hired him? I think Ryan would be have been a risk worth taking.

Leach is an offensive genius used to developing an offense that wins. Would his college offense used at Texas Tech be successful in Western New York in the NFL? Almost certainly not. However, his strength is his adaptability.

The combination head coach Ryan (defense mind) and strong and independent offensive mind is what we want.

Vick...is the most mobile strong armed quarterback readily available at a reasonable price that would allow us to (finally) address the most glaring weaknesses on the team...a piss poor offensive line and a defense that can't stop the run in the draft.