First Stringers

BillsNYC

Why out there with 4 min to go?  MM is afraid of what will happen when he puts JP in. Damn near everyone wants him in now. god forbid he look good.  :rolleyes:

128976[/snapback]

How many passes would they have JP throw with a 17 point lead late in the 4th? Don't understand your point - all the offense was going to do is run.

How many passes would they have JP throw with a 17 point lead late in the 4th?  Don't understand your point - all the offense was going to do is run.

128984[/snapback]

Save it; I already tried explaining the facts to ICE, but you have to remember that he's always "right." :rolleyes: There's a reason the "No Crusades" rule was made on the board, and he's it.

CW

Actually...I think that Ice has a valid point.....

Losman could not come in until the 4th quarter.....but we had this game well in hand by the 4th....

BLEDSOE IS NOT GOING TO BE THE QB NEXT YEAR.....there was not better time to put JP in the game to get him game experience....

This game would have made MUCH more sense then last weeks....

Actually...I think that Ice has a valid point.....

Losman could not come in until the 4th quarter.....but we had this game well in hand by the 4th....

BLEDSOE IS NOT GOING TO BE THE QB NEXT YEAR.....there was not better time to put JP in the game to get him game experience....

This game would have made MUCH more sense then last weeks....

129022[/snapback]

Except that in the NFL, backups go in the game to either hand the ball off if they're ahead or to throw the ball when they're behind. Against NE, he threw the ball because we were down. Against the Rams, he would've just handed the ball off. Teams don't put a backup QB in to throw the ball when up by 20. Doesn't happen, regardless of whether DB will be the QB or not next year.

If this were Madden football on a PS2, then yeah, people put the backup QB in and start throwing to rack up more points/yards. But this isn't a video game.

CW

Except that in the NFL, backups go in the game to either hand the ball off if they're ahead or to throw the ball when they're behind.  Against NE, he threw the ball because we were down.  Against the Rams, he would've just handed the ball off.  Teams don't put a backup QB in to throw the ball when up by 20.  Doesn't happen, regardless of whether DB will be the QB or not next year.

If this were Madden football on a PS2, then yeah, people put the backup QB in and start throwing to rack up more points/yards.  But this isn't a video game.

CW

129036[/snapback]

Bull stevestojan and you know it. Again go look at What Travis Brown did. You know better and being a total !@#$ about it.

I would have put him in. Any game experience helps. Call a short swing pass. A deep draw. The off-tackle hand-offs. Granted, STL was out of it, but facing a defense that might be playing at 9/10th usual NFL speed is still quicker tha JP's collegiate experience.

Education. He has fuzz that needs to be removed.

Bull stevestojan and you know it. Again go look at What Travis Brown did.  You know better and being a total !@#$ about it.

129042[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Please tell me which game you're talking about. I already answerd this 20 times -- Buffalo lost their game to the Seahawks 23-20 (in 2001), and therefore never had a big lead late in the game.

CW

Except that in the NFL, backups go in the game to either hand the ball off if they're ahead or to throw the ball when they're behind.  Against NE, he threw the ball because we were down.  Against the Rams, he would've just handed the ball off.  Teams don't put a backup QB in to throw the ball when up by 20.  Doesn't happen, regardless of whether DB will be the QB or not next year.

If this were Madden football on a PS2, then yeah, people put the backup QB in and start throwing to rack up more points/yards.  But this isn't a video game.

CW

129036[/snapback]

Fez...I respect your opinion but I dont agree.....

This isn't a situation where you have a Brett Farve or a Payton Manning where this is their team....and it is going to be their team until they decide it wont be....

This is Drew Bledsoe.....who cannot win a game on the road....and everytime he plays like this at home he follows it up with a bad week immediately thereafter....believe me...I WANT to be wrong...I wish I was wrong.....but I just cannot ignore it anymore.....

But....putting Drew aside for a moment.....since the general concencious is that Bledsoe both football ability wise and financially wise is not going to be next years starting QB.....you HAVE to take advantage of those times to get Losman in the game....even if all he does is hand off every play.....to get him aclimated to the NFL......

He should have been in as soon as we got that ball back in the 4th quarter......

This isn't a situation where you have a Brett Farve or a Payton Manning where this is their team....and it is going to be their team until they decide it wont be....

This is Drew Bledsoe.....who cannot win a game on the road....and everytime he plays like this at home he follows it up with a bad week immediately thereafter....believe me...I WANT to be wrong...I wish I was wrong.....but I just cannot ignore it anymore.....

But....putting Drew aside for a moment.....since the general concencious is that Bledsoe both football ability wise and financially wise is not going to be next years starting QB.....you HAVE to take advantage of those times to get Losman in the game....even if all he does is hand off every play.....to get him aclimated to the NFL......

He should have been in as soon as we got that ball back in the 4th quarter......

129160[/snapback]

To me, this thread has nothing to do with Bledsoe. It has to do with sportsmanship; some posters (such as ICE) are saying that JPL should've been put in the game with 4+ minutes left and been allowed to sling the ball around. That's not very sportsmanlike and has never been done in the NFL before.

If they wanted to bring him in to hand the ball off, fine, whatever. I don't see how you gain anything by doing that but I have no objection.

CW

I don't think that the it was mop up time yet at the start of the 4th qtr. The Rams can score quick. Then what do we do, put the starters back in. I wouldn't have done it until about 4 min left or so.

Drew is on life support right now. If we lay an egg next week in Seattle, I think the JP era will start.

129160[/snapback]

[/quote

John, Fez merely pointed out that JP would not have thrown the ball and instead just hand off. With that said, what would the point have been to bring JP in? If that seems like valuable game experience to you, then I'd have to disagree with you on this one.

OH....a couple of things

- I dont agree about the point of coming in and sling the ball around....that would be bad form and I thought it was very sportsmanlike to neal on the ball and not go for another score that they probably would have gotten.....sad that Martz started running his mouth after the bills did do such a classy thing....BB would have tried to score a 100 points.......

- The other question is....if you are not going to put him in with the game decided....then when DO you put him in.....to me it was a perfect time.....we were playing conservative because we had the game in hand......so not much danger of a injury.....we were not going to lose the game.......any time we can get JP on the field right now to me is good time.......

I personally think we were just stroking Drew's ego.....but thats just me