It's the players stupid

It's pretty clear that the world ending, the sky is falling and the 2012 apocalypse is upon us.

That said, I'm astounded by the amount of people that think the hiring of a "name" is going to fix the Bills problems. Would Levy be in the hall of fame without Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Smith, Bennet, Talley etc. Do people really believe that the Bills would have made it to 4 consecutive super bowls with Gail Gilbert at QB, Kenny Davis at RB?

Bellichek was a bum at Cleveland. Jimmy Johnson failed in Miami. Parcells failed in Dallas and the list goes on and on and on. If you don't have the horses in the stable it doesn't matter if Jerry Kelly is your jockey.

I wouldn't know Gailey if I ran him over at Wegmans. I have no idea if he'll be a good HC or not. I do know that if he, Nix, Modrak and Bills mgt. actually get on the same page and draft great players we'll be a better team.

It's pretty clear that the world ending, the sky is falling and the 2012 apocalypse is upon us.

That said, I'm astounded by the amount of people that think the hiring of a "name" is going to fix the Bills problems. Would Levy be in the hall of fame without Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Smith, Bennet, Talley etc. Do people really believe that the Bills would have made it to 4 consecutive super bowls with Gail Gilbert at QB, Kenny Davis at RB?

Bellichek was a bum at Cleveland. Jimmy Johnson failed in Miami. Parcells failed in Dallas and the list goes on and on and on. If you don't have the horses in the stable it doesn't matter if Jerry Kelly is your jockey.

I wouldn't know Gailey if I ran him over at Wegmans. I have no idea if he'll be a good HC or not. I do know that if he, Nix, Modrak and Bills mgt. actually get on the same page and draft great players we'll be a better team.

true, but coaching matters.

Look at how quickly some teams get turned around after coaching changes with the roster left almost unchanged. Jets for example. or the dolphins last year.

true, but coaching matters.

Look at how quickly some teams get turned around after coaching changes with the roster left almost unchanged. Jets for example. or the dolphins last year.

The Jets were 9-7 last year and 9-7 this year. And the only reason they matched their record from last year is because Indy benched their starters in week 16. Just sayin'.

The Jets were 9-7 last year and 9-7 this year. And the only reason they matched their record from last year is because Indy benched their starters in week 16. Just sayin'.

true. but they are in the AFC championship. just saying.

its not like you can have a sweet roster and a suckass coach and youll be fine. see san diego

true. but they are in the AFC championship. just saying.

its not like you can have a sweet roster and a suckass coach and youll be fine. see san diego

If the Charger's kicker didn't go 0-3 and they didn't turn the ball over they win the game. Are you saying it's Turner's fault his kicker went into the tank and his players fumble away the ball?

Players make plays. Coaches are there to put them in a position to win but they don't play the game.

If the Charger's kicker didn't go 0-3 and they didn't turn the ball over they win the game. Are you saying it's Turner's fault his kicker went into the tank and his players fumble away the ball?

Players make plays. Coaches are there to put them in a position to win but they don't play the game.

right but if leodis doesnt fumble and roscue doesnt fumble maybe the bills make the playoffs............. i mean what if brady doesnt get the tuck rule...

if coaching was so inconsequential owners wouldnt pay more money for certain coaches, since it wouldnt make sense.

Players do make the plays, but the coaches have to put them in a position to succeed. The bills have had both problems for many years, poor coaching, poor execution by subpar players.

I agree it is players who have the sway to make or break a coach. It is up to Buddy Nix now to find Chan Gailey his team. Here's hoping that they work well together and get the Bills back to respectability! I have a feeling this could turn out O.K. if the QB becomes a player and leader of the Buffalo Bills, we'll see.

When it comes to home buying, you ALWAYS but the smaller home in the BETTER neighborhood. A cape in a nice neighborhood is worht a lot more than a Tudor in a lousy one.

In football, the players are the house, the coach is the neighborhood. He provides the credibility, the image, and the personna. He is what you see FIRST and sets the tone for how the franchise is seen and what its "worth" from a credibility standpoint.

The Bills just bought a house in a pretty bland neighborhood.

He'll be in the wet noodle aisle.

Let me get this straight. You're banking on a 70 year old first time GM who worked out of his home in Tennessee while Assistant GM and didn't manage day to day operations. And, hoping a Guy and Modrak will somehow get things right?

You could have substitued Levy and Brandon for Nix and said the same thing in 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009.

I wish DJ would call Gailey and tell him what he's got in front of him. Then again, both are being paid a sum that no other team would.