Mike Florio

ottawabills

I don't remember anyone treading this so here it goes..............

Mike Florio is now a tool too..................take a look at his dumb (ignorant) comments!

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/20...for-bill-cowher

"4. Buffalo Bills

It's clear the Bills would love to have Cowher. But the thinking is he doesn't want to go there. The presence of a 91-year-old owner and an unsettled succession plan likely are significant factors.

Then there's the money. It would be difficult if not impossible for the team to cough up eight figures per year, at a time when the Bills are languishing in a market that's having a tough time properly supporting an NFL franchise."

Take a look at the Buffalo Faithfuls comments to him..................they rang in hard!

Wow, he got shredded.

The truth is Buffalo is fine as a football market. It's not a very small market, really. Including canadian fans and die-hard Rochester fans, you're talking about a market of over 2 million people. That puts Buffalo on par with cities like Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Tampa, and Denver. Buffalo is also not sports saturated, with only one other competing professional team (the Sabres)...so I'd say Buffalo, while not the strongest market, is an okay middle-of-the-pack market. There are surely other weaker markets.

Wow, he got shredded.

The truth is Buffalo is fine as a football market. It's not a very small market, really. Including canadian fans and die-hard Rochester fans, you're talking about a market of over 2 million people. That puts Buffalo on par with cities like Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Tampa, and Denver. Buffalo is also not sports saturated, with only one other competing professional team (the Sabres)...so I'd say Buffalo, while not the strongest market, is an okay middle-of-the-pack market. There are surely other weaker markets.

You also have to add to that, that we have one of the biggest traveling fan bases. I have lived in Vegas and now DC, and been quite a few other places, and we have some huge contingencies seemingly across the country, more than most teams.

GO BILLS!

Wow, he got shredded.

Florio is neither better nor worse than other media types. He has to provide copy, and when necessary merely cranks up his "cliche-o-matic." He does not hate Buffalo, he simply does not have the time, energy, or interest to say original things. I'm surprised he did not mention snow, since that is constitutionally required in all negative national media commentary on Buffalo.

Florio is neither better nor worse than other media types. He has to provide copy, and when necessary merely cranks up his "cliche-o-matic." He does not hate Buffalo, he simply does not have the time, energy, or interest to say original things. I'm surprised he did not mention snow, since that is constitutionally required in all negative national media commentary on Buffalo.

he also said this......"And with Mike Shanahan soon earning north of $10 million to coach the Redskins (not to mention $3.5 million in each of the next two years to not coach the Broncos), " ......Am i mistaken or does the responsibility of paying his preveious contract end when he signed that huge contact with Washington? Does this Florio know anything?

You also have to add to that, that we have one of the biggest traveling fan bases. I have lived in Vegas and now DC, and been quite a few other places, and we have some huge contingencies seemingly across the country, more than most teams.

GO BILLS!

Not sure about that. All those Bills fans at away games? They're not traveling fans. They're transplants. I live in Charlotte and have seen in first hand.

Mike,

You are either stupid, lazy, or just have it in for Buffalo. Maybe all three. Buffalo sells out EVERY GAME!!! 56,000 season ticket holders! That's with a 72,000 seat stadium, in the cold, for a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 10 years. How does that compare to Jacksonville that can't give tickets away to the Jaguars, or the Cardinals that couldn't sell out their home opener after going to the Super Bowl?

If you took two minutes to do some actual research you'd know the Bills are debt-free and quite profitable. We could afford 8 figures for Bill Cowher. Does Bill actually want to demonstrate some coaching acumen with the Bills? Looks more like he wants a ready-made situation where he can mail it in while getting some golf in.

We have our problems with an old meddling owner and a city that isn't a tourist destination, but to suggest the fans of Buffalo don't support their Bills is an insult of the highest order.

Signed,

Hxxxxx Kxxxxxxx

P.S...and spare us the "there's nothing else to do in Buffalo" jokes as well. There's plenty do do in Western New York unless you are a complete pansy afraid of a little cold and unable to put down the Xbox controller.

PTR

Not sure about that. All those Bills fans at away games? They're not traveling fans. They're transplants. I live in Charlotte and have seen in first hand.

Sorry that was more what I was getting at, just mis-spoke. Meant more that we have a huge fan base at home, and so many transplants that are huge fans as well. Its more of a culture than with most teams. Where even when we all move away, the Bills are still part of our lives.

Ok, explain this to me...Mike Florio is dumb. He's inaccurate and a bad journalist. Why then send him traffic thus promoting him? You're a boon to him. If he writes something idiotic and it gets him records amount of visitors and people talking about across the messageboardom of the internet...then he's a success.

So good job. You've helped him to keep his job.