Bills could effect Jerry Jones decision on Wade Phillips- PFT

Looking at the replies to the article, I don't see how bringing Garrett in would be a good idea. Let Jerry Jones woo him and make him his head coach. The other responses of bring Wade Phillips back to Buffalo isn't going to happen. Wade was burned and he'll remember that.

Mike Florio reminds me of just about every fan posting comments. ASAFP?? This is what a professional writer writes in one of his articles?

I'm convinced that other then hiring Jimmy Johnson as his first head coach after taking over the team, Jerry Jones has been nothing more then a younger version of Al Davis and Ralph Wilson, and an older version of Dan Snyder. Now, of course Jimmy brought Jerry and "How 'bout them Cowboys" three SB Championships over 4 years. (The third win may have been coached by that moron from Oklahoma, but it was still Jimmys' team that won it, and of course Neil O'Donnell helped the Cowboys that day as well!)

After the moron went riding back to Oklahoma, and Jerry hired his third coach who had to play the guys Jerry Jones was drafting to replace the champions Jimmy brought in that were getting older, reality set in for Jerrys' 'Boys and it has not gotten much better ever since. Even when Jones brought in Bill Parcells, he would not or could not allow the Tuna to finish the job his way, and Parcells left Dallas as the first team he coached that did not make it into at least a conference championship game. Pretty amazing, to think that Parcells never got there with all of Jerrys' money backing him up.

Jimmy is simply the richest and most successful businessman of the current group of NFL "control freak owners." He got his billion dollar stadium to play in, and he makes every decision with his son Steven, but he really is no better then the other owners who refuse to just sit back and let the real football men bring him the championships, like his old friend Jimmy did at the very beginning.

Will he even want the job? He could hold out another year and take teh Dallas job or take another job with a team I am sure he thinks is a better place to be. Coaches are turning us down left and right, Garret is in the best position of them all - and the most likely to say no IMO.

It is interesting that Ralph is viewed as a "meddling owner" when Jones is even worse. I guess the difference is that Jones has been willing to throw money around. I would be shocked if Phillips is back for another year here in Dallas.

Jones is willing to provide for a winning team. Ralph could care less. Big difference.

Good analysis by Florio here. Jones would definitely dump Wade before Garrett, so if it comes down to one or the other Phillips is toast. Besides, Ralph hates Wade enough that he'd certainly do his part to help get him canned. I could see Phillips resurfacing as a DC in Minnesota to replace Frazier IF he came to BFLO.

Looking at the replies to the article, I don't see how bringing Garrett in would be a good idea. Let Jerry Jones woo him and make him his head coach. The other responses of bring Wade Phillips back to Buffalo isn't going to happen. Wade was burned and he'll remember that.

If one aspires to be like Crazy Uncle Al and just !@#$ with some people, you bring Garrett in now.

What is also interesting is that the comments by some Dallas fans sounds like what I have been reading (and writing) here. Let's ask them if they would like to trade teams even up. I'll bet even Ralph would go for that one. Of course, we would have to drug Jerry Jones to go along with it.

B-)

The real person responsiple for the Cowboys winning the Super Bowls were the Vikes who gave Dallas all those draft picks. With that many picks, it made it alot easier to have a good draft.

Can't recall, who was the team the Ditka traded all of New Orleans picks for Ricky Williams? Did they have as much luck with those picks as Dallas did in the Walker trade?

After the moron went riding back to Oklahoma, and Jerry hired his third coach who had to play the guys Jerry Jones was drafting to replace the champions Jimmy brought in that were getting older, reality set in for Jerrys' 'Boys and it has not gotten much better ever since.