Leslie Frazier choice is starting to sound VERY good

Chuckknox

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that move by itself might be worthy of keeping Donahoe out of a job in the NFL.

Seriously, why in the world did we ever let P.W. slip away?!? Ultimately it came down to money, I suppose, but that guy was an absolute beast against the run and no slouch in the middle vs. the pass.

In his last game for the Bills, he was all over the field making solo stops against the Steelers in that Bledsoe engineered season finale 'we-had-to-win-but-got-run-over-by-Willie-Parker game'

The Minn D's performance today means nothing as to whether or not he will be a good HC. He has amazing players but it says nothing about whether he can be a leader, or game maneger, or if he can hire an Offensive staff and so on and so on and so on. He MIGHT be a great HC or he MIGHT be terrible.

The reason Im angry with the coaching choice (and it will be frasier) is because I am sick and tired of MIGHT. I wanted a PROVEN WINNER and were not going to get that.

I also wanted a proven head coach but it doesnt look like that is going to happen

the only negative I have with Frazier is that he runs the Cover 2....its easy to knock the guy for having outstanding talent, ive knocked him for it but he also has to get them to play and come up with a gameplan that works and he has today

then again maybe i am talking myself into thinking he is a better coach then he is since its becoming obvious he will be the next head coach of the Bills

the key to the Bills being a better team next year and beyond is getting a real offensive staff in here so if he can bring a legit staff in here im fine with Frazier at this point

Whatever happened to Mike Sherman? wasn't he a finalist for the HC job when Marv went with DJ? He has HC experience, a wining record, offensive minded and was excellent in the draft.

he is the head coach at Texas A&M

i think he is a decent head coach and is head and shoulders above Jauron....how different things may have been

The reason Im angry with the coaching choice (and it will be frasier) is because I am sick and tired of MIGHT. I wanted a PROVEN WINNER and were not going to get that.

The only coach out there who wasn't fired for not winning enough games is Cowher and "reportedly" he's not coming!

I would be fine with the Frazier selection. I wouldn't mind seeing the current Cleveland defensive line coach, Bryan Cox as his coordinator and Mike Leach as his offensive coordinator. I think Cox is a future standout as a head coach.

Another guy we should consider if we don't get Frazier is Kevin Gilbride- I know he wasn't liked in Buffalo, but who is......

I also wanted a proven head coach but it doesnt look like that is going to happen

the only negative I have with Frazier is that he runs the Cover 2....its easy to knock the guy for having outstanding talent, ive knocked him for it but he also has to get them to play and come up with a gameplan that works and he has today

then again maybe i am talking myself into thinking he is a better coach then he is since its becoming obvious he will be the next head coach of the Bills

the key to the Bills being a better team next year and beyond is getting a real offensive staff in here so if he can bring a legit staff in here im fine with Frazier at this point

Again its the MIGHT. He MIGHT be able to get lucky and hire good Offensive guys, however with him not having any prior HC experience and with him being a defensive guy I have my doubts that he will be able to put together a staff that will be able to:

A. develop a young QB

B. develop a consistent OL

C. Maxamize the talent we have

D. Learn how to beat the 3-4 D

Maybe he can find someone off the 2005 Colts coaching staff but I doubt it.

If i sound negative its because I am. I am just so unbelievable depressed about this team and the direction they continue to go in.

I would be fine with the Frazier selection. I wouldn't mind seeing the current Cleveland defensive line coach, Bryan Cox as his coordinator and Mike Leach as his offensive coordinator. I think Cox is a future standout as a head coach.

Another guy we should consider if we don't get Frazier is Kevin Gilbride- I know he wasn't liked in Buffalo, but who is......

Tell me your joking? Cox and Gilbride? Are you trying to make people jump off a ledge?

Again its the MIGHT. He MIGHT be able to get lucky and hire good Offensive guys, however with him not having any prior HC experience and with him being a defensive guy I have my doubts that he will be able to put together a staff that will be able to:

A. develop a young QB

B. develop a consistent OL

C. Maxamize the talent we have

D. Learn how to beat the 3-4 D

Maybe he can find someone off the 2005 Colts coaching staff but I doubt it.

If i sound negative its because I am. I am just so unbelievable depressed about this team and the direction they continue to go in.

But haven't there been rumors that Al Saunders would be his OC? Wasn't he regarded as a top OC while with Kansas City? Couldn't he then take his experience and connections as an OC and have input on the offensive staff?

But haven't there been rumors that Al Saunders would be his OC? Wasn't he regarded as a top OC while with Kansas City? Couldn't he then take his experience and connections as an OC and have input on the offensive staff?

Can someone help me out with the Saunders connection? Other than non message boards I have not seen anything written about that being a possibility. If someone has can they please post the link. I wouldnt mid him as the O-Corr.

Tell me your joking? Cox and Gilbride? Are you trying to make people jump off a ledge?

That is the same jump the gun mentality that has ruined our franchise over the last decade. Kevin Gilbride had just a few years with a bad franchise that had no QB as a head coach. A team has won the superbowl with his offense- an offense that is based on something that is taking hold of the league right now- dominating with the passing game that involves spreading out the field and running to keep the other team off balance.

I am sure he is very different than he was in Houston and in his last stint as a head coach and the league is more ready for his style of play than it used to be. Being closed minded doesn't get you too far nowadays.....

I never like taking a coordinator who is "hot" this year, but Frazier is not a one year wonder. He has a good body of work and has good connections. He obviously knows what good defense is all about and we need that.

That is the same jump the gun mentality that has ruined our franchise over the last decade. Kevin Gilbride had just a few years with a bad franchise that had no QB as a head coach. A team has won the superbowl with his offense- an offense that is based on something that is taking hold of the league right now- dominating with the passing game that involves spreading out the field and running to keep the other team off balance.

I am sure he is very different than he was in Houston and in his last stint as a head coach and the league is more ready for his style of play than it used to be. Being closed minded doesn't get you too far nowadays.....

Wait are we talking about the NYG superbowl win? Where was this dominating passing game? If I recall it was a 3-headed running backfield, a strong OLine and a hot streak in the playoffs. And lets not kid ourselves the Giants offense didnt win that SuperBowl the DLine did. They rode that passrush to a title. Lets give the guy some credit sure but lets not make it sound like he was the reason they won it all.

OK, you addressed Gilbride very well. However, what do you have to say about Bryan Cox, one of the most hated Dolphins of all time, the same one gave the double bird to everyone in the stands (children and all) at RWS in 1993. So, is it really that close-minded not to have this guy as a coach of the Bills?

Coughlin has had Gilbride as his OC for Jax and the Giants and is obviously involved with the amount of running the Giants do now and Jax did then...its highly unlikely he will continue to have a commitment to the running game without Coughlin

Can someone help me out with the Saunders connection? Other than non message boards I have not seen anything written about that being a possibility. If someone has can they please post the link. I wouldnt mid him as the O-Corr.

Per Buffalo News article by Mark Gaughan:

Of course, a defensive-minded candidate could have an impressive offensive coordinator lined up to join his staff. Frazier has been rumored to have a connection with Al Saunders, a longtime successful NFL offensive coordinator. The two never have worked together but have the same agent. The Bills also have interviewed former interim head coach Perry Fewell.

Link

I never like taking a coordinator who is "hot" this year, but Frazier is not a one year wonder. He has a good body of work and has good connections. He obviously knows what good defense is all about and we need that.

you are correct

he has been passed over consistently for several years now