Recent Hunter Rage

Any comments about the guy who killed 5 people when was asked to leave a private tree stand.

Seems he used an assault rifle?

I am not sure what to think?

I am not sure what the fire arm rules are for this area of WI (southeast of Duluth)during deer season. Being a flatter (yet, not as flat as the southern midwest)area... I assume it is shotgun only? Then again there might be a rifle season?

WTF, an assault rifle?

Expect to get a few rejections for requests to hunt on someone's land.

A bad incident that casts an undeserved pall on every hunter.... :rolleyes:

BTW, on this topic, have any of you read articles on "canned hunts"? There was one in the Hartford Courant a couple of weeks ago. The description of how they're run is pretty non-sporting.

A bad incident that casts an undeserved pall on every hunter.... :rolleyes:

BTW, on this topic, have any of you read articles on "canned hunts"? There was one in the Hartford Courant a couple of weeks ago. The description of how they're run is pretty non-sporting.

128888[/snapback]

A disgusting practice that panders to the rich and stupid. Sad.

Sounds like another case of loss of societal decorum.  But let's blame "assault weapons" and beer cups because that's way more convenient than individual responsibility.

128685[/snapback]

I wasn't really passing judgement... They were making it sound that way on the radio. It was conservative radio.

I just always thought you hunt with a shotgun or some sort of regular rifle (in hilly areas).

Hey if you need 3 rounds in 3 seconds to plug a deer, that is your prob.

Too each is own.

A bad incident that casts an undeserved pall on every hunter.... :angry:

128888[/snapback]

Just in my area... I work in effing Chicago, there some open space and field... Think they hunt and poach? Of course! Just found a white tail on our road this weekend that was dressed and then cleaned of the meat right there! The leftover parts were still there. They did a real nice job... Must have taken them sometime in the dark to do and get away with what they wanted?

Unfreekin believable!

I don't have a problem with hunting, just do it the right way and eff the poaching.

I wasn't really passing judgement... They were making it sound that way on the radio.  It was conservative radio.

I just always thought you hunt with a shotgun or some sort of regular rifle (in hilly areas).

Hey if you need 3 rounds in 3 seconds to plug a deer, that is your prob.

Too each is own.

129215[/snapback]

Why stop with assault rifles?

The 2nd amendment refers to the right to "bear arms" which at the time meant to own whatever weapons were technologically availble.

What's wrong with citizens owning nukes? I certainly don't see a problem.

That's what I love about America. You can walk down the street with a fully loaded mahine guy but you can't see boobs on TV.

Why stop with assault rifles?

The 2nd amendment refers to the right to "bear arms" which at the time meant to own whatever weapons were technologically availble.

What's wrong with citizens owning nukes?  I certainly don't see a problem.

That's what I love about America.  You can walk down the street with a fully loaded mahine guy but you can't see boobs on TV.

129244[/snapback]

You are all over the board "Whammy"... What is your angle? What is the fixation with the "lily white" rockers?

You really claiming to be who you are?

You aren't related to HogBoy?

Sounds like another case of loss of societal decorum.  But let's blame "assault weapons" and beer cups because that's way more convenient than individual responsibility.

128685[/snapback]

Plastic cups don't start riots, basketball players start riots.

If you outlaw plastic cups, only Pacers will have plastic cups.

You can have my plastic cup when you pry it from my drunk, unconscious hands.

Plastic cups don't start riots, basketball players start riots.

If you outlaw plastic cups, only Pacers will have plastic cups.

You can have my plastic cup when you pry it from my drunk, unconscious hands.

129650[/snapback]

There's a telephone pole in here somewhere...

I've heard in a few places that the weapon used was a 7.62mm SKS assault rifle - a "common" hunting rifle.

The only 7.62mm SKS I know if is a Russian WWII-vintage semi-automatic carbine...basically the equivalent of an M1 Garand carbine.

Is there some other SKS I've never heard of? Or did this guy really go sniping with an antique that was in no way an assault rifle or a common hunting weapon?

I've heard in a few places that the weapon used was a 7.62mm SKS assault rifle - a "common" hunting rifle.

The only 7.62mm SKS I know if is a Russian WWII-vintage semi-automatic carbine...basically the equivalent of an M1 Garand carbine. 

Is there some other SKS I've never heard of?  Or did this guy really go sniping with an antique that was in no way an assault rifle or a common hunting weapon?

129794[/snapback]

It's probably the Chinese Norinco version that costs about $200. You're not wrong.

Not exactly a choice weapon for the job - for anyone with a clue anyway.

Is there some other SKS I've never heard of?  Or did this guy really go sniping with an antique that was in no way an assault rifle or a common hunting weapon?

129794[/snapback]

Thanks Tom... That was the clearification I was looking for.