Don't bet against Cowher just yet.

DukeyBomb

You guys don't honestly think he's going to accept the job while he's still focusing on his CBS job do ya? Wait until the playoffs are over and see what happends. The longer we don't have a coach the better Cowher comes to town. Maybe Cowher is saying to the Bills he won't talk to them with the playoffs still going. Who knows.

You guys don't honestly think he's going to accept the job while he's still focusing on his CBS job do ya? Wait until the playoffs are over and see what happends. The longer we don't have a coach the better Cowher comes to town. Maybe Cowher is saying to the Bills he won't talk to them with the playoffs still going. Who knows.

Uhm, the fact Harbaugh said no pretty much says Cowher is out of the picture.

Why would they offer it to JH if Cowher was still in the picture?? Why risk

alienating Cowher??

Nope, we may actually have to beg Levy to come back for at least a season..... :thumbsup:

Uhm, the fact Harbaugh said no pretty much says Cowher is out of the picture.

Why would they offer it to JH if Cowher was still in the picture?? Why risk

alienating Cowher??

Nope, we may actually have to beg Levy to come back for at least a season..... :thumbsup:

Who knows how true any of that crap is. For all we know 80 percent of the things reported are just smoke and screans. How often are any of these people that report on trades, coaches and signings correct? Like 15 percent of the time? Rough guesstimate. I just don't think anyone should say Cowher is out of the picture until HE says he is. . . Yeah beg, exactly. He doesn't even want to come back to this crap lol.

Who knows how true any of that crap is. For all we know 80 percent of the things reported are just smoke and screans. How often are any of these people that report on trades, coaches and signings correct? Like 15 percent of the time? Rough guesstimate. I just don't think anyone should say Cowher is out of the picture until HE says he is. . . Yeah beg, exactly. He doesn't even want to come back to this crap lol.

As for confirmation on Harbaugh, from OBD itself:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/16/r...t-harbaugh-out/

Would love Cowher here, but just can't see them offering the job to someone

if he was a candidate. No way.

The more "reports" from "sources" are generated, the more clicks from drama queen Bills fans they get. I don't believe any of it.

By the way....for what it's worth, we just hired a guy who used to know Bill Cowher when he was in Pittsburgh. He says the Bills shouldn't hire Cowher because Cowher relied on the Pittsburgh front office. He's not a "do everything" kind of guy.

I could start my own blog and publish this as a "source". Is it credible?

The more "reports" from "sources" are generated, the more clicks from drama queen Bills fans they get. I don't believe any of it.

By the way....for what it's worth, we just hired a guy who used to know Bill Cowher when he was in Pittsburgh. He says the Bills shouldn't hire Cowher because Cowher relied on the Pittsburgh front office. He's not a "do everything" kind of guy.

I could start my own blog and publish this as a "source". Is it credible?

I agree with you. I don't think I even want Cowher. I think he's a top 3 candidate though. And for him to still be in the running for the coaching gig here is excitement in it's self. Which is rediculous, when you consider the guys saying no. I'm becoming a lot more confortable with Frazier. He seems like the next up and coming coordinator. I think I would have a lot more trust that we are going to get the right guy if we had our pick of the litter and we get to pick out of 10 quality guys that want to be here.

Once Adam Schefter stated that he would be hired as the Buffalo Bills head coach before Bill Cowher, I knew it was over for Cowher to Buffalo.

Schefter worked for the NFL network last year and has an "in" with every team in the NFL, he knew the Buc's were going to hire Morris long before everyone else even had a clue, besides the owners. If Schefter says it, you can take it to the bank.

Charlie Casserly was a GM for the Redskins and Texans and worked for the NFL, he now reports for CBS on their pregame shows every week. He is about the only guy I listen to each week before games to find out the latest info around the league, he has some great insight.

Once Adam Schefter stated that he would be hired as the Buffalo Bills head coach before Bill Cowher, I knew it was over for Cowher to Buffalo.

Schefter worked for the NFL network last year and has an "in" with every team in the NFL, he knew the Buc's were going to hire Morris long before everyone else even had a clue, besides the owners. If Schefter says it, you can take it to the bank.

Charlie Casserly was a GM for the Redskins and Texans and worked for the NFL, he now reports for CBS on their pregame shows every week. He is about the only guy I listen to each week before games to find out the latest info around the league, he has some great insight.

Newsflash: Adam Schefter just turned down the Bills latest offer. :thumbsup:

You're right rabbit, both Schefter and Casserly are in the circles that would know.

Any coach that wanted the job and the Bills offered it, would have taken it now. These smart coaches in the NFL, want to start 2010, now, get in the room, watch film, scout, set up coaching staff, medical staff etc.

Marv Levy would turn this organization down if offered the HC job.

Candidate #242 - OJ - just turned the job down.

Next up on the HC candidate offer list - Carl Mauck (Candidate #243), followed by Solomon Wilcots (Candidate #244), and then the newly-available Conan O'Brien. Elvis-Guy-With-The-Guitar is on deck, then the Earl of Bud.

Anyone? :-)

Here's the thing, CBS talent have producers doing most of the preparation for them. They don't live in New York, they fly in on Friday and get briefed for the weekend. It is a part time job. Cowher is not coming to Buffalo.

Marv Levy would turn this organization down if offered the HC job.

I would like to see Marv Levy (Head Coach...but he may be too old?) Jim Haslet as (Defensive Coordinator), Jim Kelly as the (Offensive Coodinator), Frank Reich (QB Coach), Steve Tasker (Special Teams), Don Beebe (Receivers Coach), Thurmon Thomas (RB Coach), and various other former Bills players as assistant coaches. They wouldn't be any worse than they are now....also ax most of WGR550 personalities and get Chuck Dickerson back on OUR sports radio!! They wouldn't be any worse than they were this year or last..or the one before...or the one before...or the one before..or the one before...or the one before...or the one before...or the one before...or the one before! You just never know the Bills plan...but I think something unique is abou to happen that includes Thurmon Thomas..and some of the Bills...and I think that is why they are stalling!

I would like to see Marv Levy (Head Coach...but he may be too old?) Jim Haslet as (Defensive Coordinator), Jim Kelly as the (Offensive Coodinator), Frank Reich (QB Coach), Steve Tasker (Special Teams), Don Beebe (Receivers Coach), Thurmon Thomas (RB Coach), and various other former Bills players as assistant coaches. They wouldn't be any worse than they are now....also ax most of WGR550 personalities and get Chuck Dickerson back on OUR sports radio!! They wouldn't be any worse than they were this year or last..or the one before...or the one before...or the one before..or the one before...or the one before...or the one before...or the one before...or the one before! You just never know the Bills plan...but I think something unique is abou to happen that includes Thurmon Thomas..and some of the Bills...and I think that is why they are stalling!

Wow. I don't even know what to say.... :thumbsup:

Candidate #242 - OJ - just turned the job down.

Next up on the HC candidate offer list - Carl Mauck (Candidate #243), followed by Solomon Wilcots (Candidate #244), and then the newly-available Conan O'Brien. Elvis-Guy-With-The-Guitar is on deck, then the Earl of Bud.

Anyone? :-)

i understand pinto ron turned it down