Should have hired Fewell

Dr. K

Fewell had them playing like a real football team, despite the shaky personnel and injuries. Whoever they end up with is not going to be better. IMHO.

Disagree. I think that we are waiting to interview Jason Garrett from Dallas and I am all for that.

Fewell had them playing like a real football team, despite the shaky personnel and injuries. Whoever they end up with is not going to be better. IMHO.

Too bad Perry's defense couldn't play like a real football team in the last quarter of the season opener against New England.

At least Perry wanted the job. Not sure it would have satisfied those wanting to see the house cleaning or "big splash"

I want a housecleaning, but in the front office, not necessarily with Perry Fewell. Perry was much more competent in his role than Brandon, Modrak, Nix, Guy are in theirs,,,,,unfortunately the wrong people are being let go.

My problem with keeping Fewell would be the direction we would have gone in picking an experienced good OC and a QB. Fewell was sold on Fitzpatrick over Edwards and would have continued to start Fitz into next season, considering the slim pickings in FA.

The key for the Bills this year is going to be to get a good OC and DC and less focus on the HC.

My problem with keeping Fewell would be the direction we would have gone in picking an experienced good OC and a QB. Fewell was sold on Fitzpatrick over Edwards and would have continued to start Fitz into next season, considering the slim pickings in FA.

The key for the Bills this year is going to be to get a good OC and DC and less focus on the HC.

Agreed. When they take this thing apart they'll need all the help they can get putting it back together. Just like Nix said, they need to get teachers that can work together to develop players. I am so sick of seeing players start in Buffalo and then go outside the organization and make it big when they get into a good system with support.

Well I would rather have Leslie Frazier then Fewell. Fewell was just a shot in the arm the team needed but its pretty easy to get a team pumped to play after they were lulled to sleep by DJ for 10 games plus an offseason. Frazier seems like a Tony Dungy type who comes from a successful pedigree with the Colts and Vikes. Now is Frazier my 1st choice no the Tampa 2 thing scares me.

Fewell was a DJ disciple who would have been 2-5 as interim head coach had the Colts not tanked the last game of the season. Fewell is a Tampa 2 guy as well and while I liked the job he did it wasn't exactly spectacular.