Now I know what the Romans felt like

At the end of the roman empire it was reported that the emperor was playing his fiddle. There are times I get the feeling that the Buffalo Bills are burning to ruin and the owner is just sitting there playing the fiddle.

The end may be nearer than many of us realize.

NFL = Roman Empire = alive and well.

Bills = remote province = ripe for takeover.

If it makes you feel better, the Roman Empire lasted 400 years after the fiddle incident, or 1400 if you count the Eastern wing.

Emperor Nero was also believed to have been the one to order the fire started because he wanted a section of the city of Rome burned so he could build his vision of the ultimate palace. A move Romans saw as very selfish and short sighted.

Could this Nero of sorts be Mr. Wilson in his plot to destroy "Rome" in favor of a larger maneuver??.. No, this crew is just starting a fire on accident and then watching it hoping somebody else will put it out. Sorry Cowher ain't it baby.

At the end of the roman empire it was reported that the emperor was playing his fiddle. There are times I get the feeling that the Buffalo Bills are burning to ruin and the owner is just sitting there playing the fiddle.

Another uplifting post from the nattering nabobs of negativity.

You think the end is really Nero?

It is a misconception that Nero really fiddled, the fiddle was't even invented yet.

Anway, excuse my Wiki laziness:

According to Tacitus, upon hearing news of the fire, Nero rushed back to Rome to organize a relief effort, which he paid for from his own funds. After the fire, Nero opened his palaces to provide shelter for the homeless, and arranged for food supplies to be delivered in order to prevent starvation among the survivors. In the wake of the fire, he made a new urban development plan. Houses after the fire were spaced out, built in brick, and faced by porticos on wide roads. Nero also built a new palace complex known as the Domus Aurea in an area cleared by the fire. The size of this complex is debated (from 100 to 300 acres). To find the necessary funds for the reconstruction, tributes were imposed on the provinces of the empire.

How do you see Ralph??

Nero built a huge palace that was called the Domus Aurea (house of Gold). The metaphor still works except that Erie county built our palace

The Domus Aurea was torn down shortly after Nero was assassinated and part of the estate was used for the Flavian Amphitheatre (aka The Colesseum)