Hiring a coordinator...

Alphadawg7

Seriously, those ranting and raving about the Bills, specifically Wilson, not caring about winning if we hire a coordinator is getting really old. News flash, 4 of the 8 remaining teams in the playoffs are first time HC's. One of which took the lowly Cardinals to the SB last year and has a good shot at going back this year. Not to mention both HC's in last years SB were first time HC's.

A lot of the top teams this year are first time HC's in their first 3 years of their career. Hell, Balt has made the playoffs last year with a rookie HC and rookie QB, same with Atl. Rex Ryan did it again this year...

Hiring a coordinator by no means indicates that we are not serious about winning. No offense, but its pretty foolish to say Ralph doesnt want to win. You can disagree with his decisions if you want (there is plenty I dont agree with too), but just becuase you dont agree with all of his decisions does NOT mean he doesnt want to win. He fired his coach after a dissapointing start, then fired the staff, hired a GM, paid top dollar to retain key players in recent years, went out and spent a lot of money the last few years on positions of need, and has pursued hard all the top coaching candidates available offering big money.

Every year all kinds coordinators are hired by teams who want to win to be their HC, yet Bills fans somehow want to twist us hiring a coordinator as some kind of indication that we dont want to win.

PS: This doesnt mean I prefer a coordinator, as like many here, I still prefer an established coach like a Cowher, Billick, etc. But if we dont land one it wont be because Wilson didnt try or mean we dont want to win...

Seriously, those ranting and raving about the Bills, specifically Wilson, not caring about winning if we hire a coordinator is getting really old. News flash, 4 of the 8 remaining teams in the playoffs are first time HC's. One of which took the lowly Cardinals to the SB last year and has a good shot at going back this year. Not to mention both HC's in last years SB were first time HC's.

A lot of the top teams this year are first time HC's in their first 3 years of their career. Hell, Balt has made the playoffs last year with a rookie HC and rookie QB, same with Atl. Rex Ryan did it again this year...

Hiring a coordinator by no means indicates that we are not serious about winning. No offense, but its pretty foolish to say Ralph doesnt want to win. You can disagree with his decisions if you want (there is plenty I dont agree with too), but just becuase you dont agree with all of his decisions does NOT mean he doesnt want to win. He fired his coach after a dissapointing start, then fired the staff, hired a GM, paid top dollar to retain key players in recent years, went out and spent a lot of money the last few years on positions of need, and has pursued hard all the top coaching candidates available offering big money.

Every year all kinds coordinators are hired by teams who want to win to be their HC, yet Bills fans somehow want to twist us hiring a coordinator as some kind of indication that we dont want to win.

PS: This doesnt mean I prefer a coordinator, as like many here, I still prefer an established coach like a Cowher, Billick, etc. But if we dont land one it wont be because Wilson didnt try or mean we dont want to win...

Stop making sense. It hurts.

For most people they aren't angry about the candidates, they are angry Bill Cowher isn't interested/interested more. Bills fans are at that breaking point right meow. They have had a decade of losing... you know this. They are scared the team will leave, and perhaps also leave without ever giving them another shot at a Super Bowl again. Many, probably most, are hurting for money, they can't justify season tickets again not only to themselves but their wives LOL.

My point is breaking this all down the way you did makes all sorts of sense and you are right. The bottom line is we really won't know where we're at with a new coach, even an experienced one, until we start playing real games again. I'm just trying to shed light on all the people who are bitching... they are just frustrated, scared, and tired.

EVERY owner wants to win, just like every person wants to be a success in life.

Some prefer to rely on luck and continue to make the same mistakes over and over, while others rely on making sensible and deliberate moves to be successful.

You gotta give Ralph this much: his luck has SUCKED lately so the law of averages must come into play eventually.

:D

Alpha you are right of course......

My thoughts......

- Our fans are snakebitten because none of the previous goons since Wade Phillips have been successful a DECADE of losing....and most of them have been coordinators

- Folks understand that the decision that is made right now on a HC could very well have FINAL consequences for this team......if the next regime doesn't turn this around......I could see the bills leave Buffalo

My own opinion? The bills are doing exactly what they should be doing.......interviewing and taking their time. As long as it doesn't cost us quality OC, DC, and ST coordinators which will ULTIMATELY determine the fate of the HC because a HC is a game MANAGER and the assistances actually make things work...the bills should take their time and pick the right guy wither it be a previous HC or a coordinator.

Alpha you are right of course......

My thoughts......

- Our fans are snakebitten because none of the previous goons since Wade Phillips have been successful a DECADE of losing....and most of them have been coordinators

- Folks understand that the decision that is made right now on a HC could very well have FINAL consequences for this team......if the next regime doesn't turn this around......I could see the bills leave Buffalo

My own opinion? The bills are doing exactly what they should be doing.......interviewing and taking their time. As long as it doesn't cost us quality OC, DC, and ST coordinators which will ULTIMATELY determine the fate of the HC because a HC is a game MANAGER and the assistances actually make things work...the bills should take their time and pick the right guy wither it be a previous HC or a coordinator.

I know that this is a big if, but IF the reports are correct, the reason Bill Cowher will not come here is because Ralph will not give him final authority on players and will not commit a workable budget for Cowher to fill ihs staff with quality coaches and fill the roster with NFL caliber players. The Bills are not "doing exactly wat they should be doing". Ralph is being cheap and controlling. If he truly cared about winning, he would hire Cowher and give him what he wants. This would be his best chance of delivering on the bull **** promise he made to the fans this year.

Instead, he will end up with a coordinator. Maybe they will turn out to be good. Maybe not. But he will not give them the money to get the best assistants and the best roster. If the Bills have any success in the next few years, it will not be because Ralph and Russ did the right thing.

Doesn't really matter what we like. The only guy they've interviewed or who even wanted an interview is Frazier and they'll be damn lucky if even he takes the offer.

(Yeah, I know, I didn't count Fewell. That's because it was a token interview. They knew he wouldn't be accepted here by the fans.)

It really is not about whether they hire a head coach with prior head coaching experience or a current coordinator. What matters is the resources that are going to be made availabe and whether there is an improvement in drafting and free agent acquisitions. A top coordinator who could be an excellent head coach will not have success in a situation where the necessary resources are not present. I believe this is part of the reason why B. Schottenheimer decided not to interview with the Bills.

Doesn't really matter what we like. The only guy they've interviewed or who even wanted an interview is Frazier and they'll be damn lucky if even he takes the offer.

(Yeah, I know, I didn't count Fewell. That's because it was a token interview. They knew he wouldn't be accepted here by the fans.)

I'm not sure whether or not Frazier will/would be our best coaching option, but it's very disconcerting that the one and only guy the Bills have managed to interview will likely be our next head coach, just like our GM "search" consisting of one man. I didn't count the Guy/Modrak interviews for the same reason you didn't count Fewell (token interview. not the part about the fans affecting their decision).

I also didn't count the Shanahan or Cowher talks because by now it's apparent that they were the ones interviewing us, while only using the so called interview as a bargaining chip, with no intention of becoming our head coach.

I know that this is a big if, but IF the reports are correct, the reason Bill Cowher will not come here is because Ralph will not give him final authority on players and will not commit a workable budget for Cowher to fill ihs staff with quality coaches and fill the roster with NFL caliber players. The Bills are not "doing exactly wat they should be doing". Ralph is being cheap and controlling. If he truly cared about winning, he would hire Cowher and give him what he wants. This would be his best chance of delivering on the bull **** promise he made to the fans this year.

Instead, he will end up with a coordinator. Maybe they will turn out to be good. Maybe not. But he will not give them the money to get the best assistants and the best roster. If the Bills have any success in the next few years, it will not be because Ralph and Russ did the right thing.

I have also read reports supossedly "very close" to Cowher that said not coming to Buffalo has nothing to with money and that we offered him a huge deal...

What report is true, who knows. But there seems to be enough info out there speculating that the keys to vault were likely given to both Shannahan and Cowher...so I honestly dont think its about money at all...maybe control, but I doubt money...