Bobby April STILL looking for work

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...kes-the-rounds/

Don't understand what all the hatred is around April in WNY.

Teams/Fans in the NFL are hoping he signs with them. Quality teams - not the Raiders/Browns etc.

Why not bring him back?

Duh.... Bobby has OPTED OUT of Buffalo using an escape clause in his contract to do so. HE did not just accept the right to talk to other teams, he said no way he is coming back.

Why don't we also bring in Mike Tomlin as HC?

Teams/Fans in the NFL are hoping he signs with them. Quality teams - not the Raiders/Browns etc.

Why not bring him back?

Who hates Bobby April? I hate broccoli- certainly not a coach that decided to accept his pink slip a little early.

Why not bring him back?

Dude, you really have to stop, before one of the mods stops you. In thread after thread, you exhibit beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. If you want to come off as a complete fool, by all means, continue.

April was done in Buffalo the moment the Bills named Perry Fewell as the interim Head Coach. April elected to leave the Bills. He commented on it. He said it was time to move on. What he didn't say but what everyone knew was that he was deeply insulted by being passed over for interim Head Coach.

He will be hired somewhere else very soon. He's still highly respected around the league. Many here still wanted him retained even though our special teams were less than stellar this year.

There's very little "hatred" for April and the reason he's gone is because he doesn't want to be here.

For someone who seems to care a great deal about the Bills, it's astounding how little you seem to know. Are you 13 years old? I hate to sound condescending but if you're just a kid, how about doing a lot more reading and a lot less posting?

Why not bring him back?

He's "still" looking for a job? He has his choice of many jobs in the NFL...why would he want to stay with the Bills when he can upgrade?

Dude, you really have to stop, before one of the mods stops you. In thread after thread, you exhibit beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. If you want to come off as a complete fool, by all means, continue.

April was done in Buffalo the moment the Bills named Perry Fewell as the interim Head Coach. April elected to leave the Bills. He commented on it. He said it was time to move on. What he didn't say but what everyone knew was that he was deeply insulted by being passed over for interim Head Coach.

He will be hired somewhere else very soon. He's still highly respected around the league. Many here still wanted him retained even though our special teams were less than stellar this year.

There's very little "hatred" for April and the reason he's gone is because he doesn't want to be here.

For someone who seems to care a great deal about the Bills, it's astounding how little you seem to know. Are you 13 years old? I hate to sound condescending but if you're just a kid, how about doing a lot more reading and a lot less posting?

Long time Bills fan, but only moved to WNY around 2 years ago. No I don't know every guy on the Practice Squad, but is that really something to be proud of?

4 years as a HS corner. 4 years as a college corner. No, you didn't see me on TV.

Don't take criticism personally, as I don't know anyone here either.

Seen every game at RWS every since I moved to Buffalo.

I'm the guy wondering why everbody stands the whole game behind the FG.

Why not bring him back?

for someone with a tag "Trent is Unstoppable," i can appreciate how your comprehension skills might be somehow skewed.

first of all, Trent Edwards, Trent Green, Trent Dilfer have proven very stoppable for some time, even though one of them did happen to win a Super Bowl. but none will ever be confused with QBs named Peyton, John, Jim or Tom for that matter.

secondly, as it's been pointed out, Bobby April took the opportunity to opt out of the final two years of his contract because he decided it was, as he put it, "time to move on."

that, as far as the English language goes, can also be interpreted as Bobby meaning, "I don't want to come back," or "See ya," or "Bye."

in any case, Bobby April doesn't want to come back and is looking for work with another team, quality or not. as for the hatred for Bobby April in WNY, that seems to be relatively missing. there are no and have not been any billboards going up demanding the Bills fire April, or any threads on this board that i've come accross demanding that he never come back again.

but, uh, thanks?

jw

for someone with a tag "Trent is Unstoppable," i can appreciate how your comprehension skills might be somehow skewed.

first of all, Trent Edwards, Trent Green, Trent Dilfer have proven very stoppable for some time, even though one of them did happen to win a Super Bowl. but none will ever be confused with QBs named Peyton, John, Jim or Tom for that matter.

secondly, as it's been pointed out, Bobby April took the opportunity to opt out of the final two years of his contract because he decided it was, as he put it, "time to move on."

that, as far as the English language goes, can also be interpreted as Bobby meaning, "I don't want to come back," or "See ya," or "Bye."

in any case, Bobby April doesn't want to come back and is looking for work with another team, quality or not. as for the hatred for Bobby April in WNY, that seems to be relatively missing. there are no and have not been any billboards going up demanding the Bills fire April, or any threads on this board that i've come accross demanding that he never come back again.

but, uh, thanks?

jw

I like where you're going with this. So if Marty Schottenheimer says "I will not return to coaching", he doesn't mean that he's holding out on Nix and Brandon for more money? Interesting take.

On a serious note, We should really implement that post number requirement on creating new threads.

but, uh, thanks?

jw

Trent Reznor man, Trent freaking

I like where you're going with this. So if Marty Schottenheimer says "I will not return to coaching", he doesn't mean that he's holding out on Nix and Brandon for more money? Interesting take.

On a serious note, We should really implement that post number requirement on creating new threads.

i know what Marty's said on his radio show, but he told Adam Benigni and I a week ago that he'll never say no until he must, thus not entirely closing that door.

and yet, with all due respect, Marty doesn't have a contract with the bills to opt out of, as was the case with Bobby.

as for establishing some kind of post ban, well, i'm against it, because otherwise, how else can we determine who the early crop of jokers might be. :censored:

jw

Why not bring him back?

He doesn't want back. He's still pissed that they made Fewell the interim coach instead of him, as his goal has always been to be an HC. He ruled himself out for returning to Buffalo.

Which is really too bad, because as an STs coach, the guy is special.

Long time Bills fan, but only moved to WNY around 2 years ago. No I don't know every guy on the Practice Squad, but is that really something to be proud of?

4 years as a HS corner. 4 years as a college corner. No, you didn't see me on TV.

Don't take criticism personally, as I don't know anyone here either.

Seen every game at RWS every since I moved to Buffalo.

I'm the guy wondering why everbody stands the whole game behind the FG.

but what kind of car you drive? bmw, perhaps?

jw

Why not bring him back?

There is no hatred. The whole coaching staff was fired and a new one will be in for next season. Fairly simple.

Bobby April won't be out of work when training camp starts in July. He probably feels like an escapee getting out of here and having the opportunity to go to a team that has a chance to win. Besides, you wouldn't hire a coach or coordinator before you hire a head coach, unless you are Daniel Snyder and look what happened to him. He couldn't get anyone to take the head coach job so he had to move the coordinator he hired up to HC and it was a bust (Zorn).