why no Billick interest yet??

RocBillsfan

This topic has been talked about but not necessarily in these words but can any one shed any light why the Bills havent made a phone call to Brian Billick yet?

After all of the A-list coaches have been contacted such as Gruden, Shanny and Cowher, Billick would seem to make sense and gauge him and have an interview based on his success as a motivator and a Super Bowl winning coach. All we have heard is "he has had no contact with Buffalo". I guess he doesnt fit them huh? which looks like it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic has been talked about but not necessarily in these words but can any one shed any light why the Bills havent made a phone call to Brian Billick yet?

After all of the A-list coaches have been contacted such as Gruden, Shanny and Cowher, Billick would seem to make sense and gauge him and have an interview based on his success as a motivator and a Super Bowl winning coach. All we have heard is "he has had no contact with Buffalo". I guess he doesnt fit them huh?

Purely speculation on my part but I do not think that he is a Nix type of guy. Listen to an interview by one and then have a turn with the other and then you tell me if you could see those two cats in the same war room?

After all of the A-list coaches have been contacted such as Gruden, Shanny and Cowher, Billick would seem to make sense and gauge him and have an interview based on his success as a motivator and a Super Bowl winning coach. All we have heard is "he has had no contact with Buffalo". I guess he doesnt fit them huh?

As I speculated before and I believe to be true, as soon as Billick expressed an interest he de facto disqualified himself from consideration. They made offers to establiched guys that they knew were not going to take the job, Shanny and Cowher, to placate the fan base.

RW wants to pay a first time HC salary, not what he would need to pay Billick.

Simple and makes the most sense, given the franchise history.

Brian Billick is an offensive minded coach, which we are looking for, but I am the only one his painful offense year after year. The only reason he was successful was his luck to be in charge of a team with an amazing, historic, and championship defense.

I think it was 3 years ago when the Bills beat the Ravens in what seemed like a meaningful game. Billick and the struggling offense with Kyle"I should have been a" Boller was the only reason that Baltimore lost that game.

I would really like to get either one of the most currently mentioned candidates, Russ Grimm or B. Shottenheimer. Think either would bring a 3-4 or at least a hybrid 4-3. Think Shottenheimer would be ideal for his knowledge of the division.

Brian Billick is an offensive minded coach, which we are looking for, but I am the only one his painful offense year after year. The only reason he was successful was his luck to be in charge of a team with an amazing, historic, and championship defense.

I think it was 3 years ago when the Bills beat the Ravens in what seemed like a meaningful game. Billick and the struggling offense with Kyle"I should have been a" Boller was the only reason that Baltimore lost that game.

I would really like to get either one of the most currently mentioned candidates, Russ Grimm or B. Shottenheimer. Think either would bring a 3-4 or at least a hybrid 4-3. Think Shottenheimer would be ideal for his knowledge of the division.

Purely speculation on my part but I do not think that he is a Nix type of guy. Listen to an interview by one and then have a turn with the other and then you tell me if you could see those two cats in the same war room?

I hope you're wrong. Does Buddy want to win or run a social club? If we really aren't talking to him I'm ticked the f$%^ off. The guys a winner. Won a Super Bowl in a lot shorter runway that Bill Cowher did. Had some down years, but so has Bellicheck, Cowher, Schula, and Landry. Name me one coach who won the Super Bowl without great talent.

The going rate is $7 mil per. Ralph said he'd pay 10. What's the problem?

I don't understand why they won't even talk to Billick, he's a quality coach that has actually expressed interest, and we want nothing to do with him, go figure.

Nix doesn't like him. That's basically it. It's not money. Nix doesn't want Billick as head coach. Nix doesn't want Haslett either. The man is in charge and it's his call.

PTR

I don't understand why they won't even talk to Billick, he's a quality coach that has actually expressed interest, and we want nothing to do with him, go figure.

this tells me insiders around the league dont have much respect for billick. he's been sitting around for a while now and even though he has as many rings as cowher no one would pay him anything near what cowher would get. billick and fassel are on the outside looking in

Nix doesn't like him. That's basically it. It's not money. Nix doesn't want Billick as head coach. Nix doesn't want Haslett either. The man is in charge and it's his call.

PTR

just curious, is it personnel, or professional reasons, cause I think Billick is a good coach, and you dont have to "like" somebody to work with them, its called being a professional

I hope you're wrong. Does Buddy want to win or run a social club? If we really aren't talking to him I'm ticked the f$%^ off. The guys a winner. Won a Super Bowl in a lot shorter runway that Bill Cowher did. Had some down years, but so has Bellicheck, Cowher, Schula, and Landry. Name me one coach who won the Super Bowl without great talent.

The going rate is $7 mil per. Ralph said he'd pay 10. What's the problem?

That was probably $10 Mil for the whole contract.

just curious, is it personnel, or professional reasons, cause I think Billick is a good coach, and you dont have to "like" somebody to work with them, its called being a professional

I do not know why Billick is off the list. My guess is Nix doesn't think he's that great a coach despite the ring.

PTR

PTR

You are very naive.

Nix hire= cheapest football guy RW could find to do the GM job.

Next coach= cheap Coordinator

BTW Sherman wasn't back when hired and people blame Levy... but in another huge coincedence, Mike Sherman would have been MUCH more expensive at the time. Jauron had experience but was super cheap to hire. So they could differentiate Jauron from Greggo or MM, but did not have to pay him much more than a first time HC.

It ALL comes down to money, and that is NOT going to change as long as RW remains on the mortal coil.

In fact, everything is always driven by money, everything else is just a superstructure around... the money - Karl Marx paraphrase

ive seen billick make some horrendous decisions during the game. the worst was the last second time out against patriots which if not called would have resulted in pats being stopped on 4th down and ending their perfect season bid right there. even though they had the right defense called, billick panicked instead and gave them another chance.

thats the kind of thing people remember

You are very naive.

Nix hire= cheapest football guy RW could find to do the GM job.

Next coach= cheap Coordinator

BTW Sherman wasn't back when hired and people blame Levy... but in another huge coincedence, Mike Sherman would have been MUCH more expensive at the time. Jauron had experience but was super cheap to hire. So they could differentiate Jauron from Greggo or MM, but did not have to pay him much more than a first time HC.

It ALL comes down to money, and that is NOT going to change as long as RW remains on the mortal coil.

In fact, everything is always driven by money, everything else is just a superstructure around... the money - Karl Marx paraphrase

Ralph Wilson said he would spend however much he needs to spend to overhaul the team. So unless you are calling him a bald-faced liar you are wrong about the money issue. Nix was hired because they wanted a GM in place when the went looking for a head coach. You may not like Nix. He may not be flashy enough for you. But money is not why he was hired.

But look, I know there is a segment of Bills fans who want to see the worst in everything the team does. I don't understand why they even bother to be fans if they hate the team and the owner so much.

PTR

ive seen billick make some horrendous decisions during the game. the worst was the last second time out against patriots which if not called would have resulted in pats being stopped on 4th down and ending their perfect season bid right there. even though they had the right defense called, billick panicked instead and gave them another chance.

Come on, you can nitpick a guy to death. That's just silly. He won a Super Bowl, but he calls dumb timeouts sometimes. What kind of logic is that?

Ralph Wilson said he would spend however much he needs to spend to overhaul the team. So unless you are calling him a bald-faced liar you are wrong about the money issue. Nix was hired because they wanted a GM in place when the went looking for a head coach. You may not like Nix. He may not be flashy enough for you. But money is not why he was hired.

But look, I know there is a segment of Bills fans who want to see the worst in everything the team does. I don't understand why they even bother to be fans if they hate the team and the owner so much.

PTR

However many years he has owned the team he has underspent every other owner.

If he says now, money is no issue, then yes, I am calling him a bald faced liar.

By the way I like Nix fine. But you cannot deny he was the cheapest guy for the job.

However many years he has owned the team he has underspent every other owner.

If he says now, money is no issue, then yes, I am calling him a bald faced liar.

By the way I like Nix fine. But you cannot deny he was the cheapest guy for the job.

You cannot prove a single statement. You don't know what Nix is being paid. The Bills are always middle of the pack in player payroll in the NFL. And you can't prove Ralph is lying about spending what it takes to win now.

You, like so many others here, fixate on a couple of players leaving like Peters or Nate Clements and accuse Ralph of being cheap. Yet you ignore all the large contracts the Bills have given to players. Lee Evans is a recent example. Repeat any lie long enough and people will assume it's the truth.

Ralph has made some bad decisions and he has run the Bills on a budget until now, but to say he's cheap is a lie.

PTR

Didn't Rex Ryan actually make that time out call?