Bills Coaching Summary

Dan

In some effort to put this all together, because I'm getting confused. So, here's what I got.

Asked about but immediately said no:

• Gruden - staying in announcing
  • Holmgren - in Cleveland
  • Rivera - in SD, still in playoffs, but reportedly said he'll pass
  • Brian Schottenheimer - asked, but content with the Jets

Interviewed Candidates (or about to interview):

• Shannahan - said No, now in DC
  • Cowher - who the :huh: knows.
  • Fewell - probably just as a courtesy.
  • Frazier - rumored to be top candidate
  • Grimm - TBI this week?

Potential Candidates still in the mix??:

• Harbaugh - at Stanford, but may be interest
  • Garrett - Dallas OC, may be stealth candidate

They want the job, but apparently Nix doesn't want them:

• Martz
  • Billick

They don't want the job, the Bills don't want them, but the posters can't seem to get it in their head:

[*]Marty Schottenheimer

[*]A dozen other old guys that are retired

[*]Zimmer - Bengals DC, just given an extension (granted not may are wanting him, but this was the best spot for him)

In some effort to put this all together, because I'm getting confused. So, here's what I got.

Asked about but immediately said no:

• Gruden - staying in announcing
  • Holmgren - in Cleveland
  • Rivera - in SD, still in playoffs, but reportedly said he'll pass

Interviewed Candidates (or about to interview):

• Shannahan - said No, now in DC
  • Cowher - who the :huh: knows.
  • Fewell - probably just as a courtesy.
  • Frazier - rumored to be top candidate
  • Brian Schottenheimer - TBI
  • Grimm - TBI? I'm not sure or is he saying he's fine in Arizona?

Potential Candidates still in the mix??:

• Harbaugh - at Stanford, but may be interest
  • Garrett - Dallas OC, may be stealth candidate
  • Zimmer - Bengals DC, haven't heard much other than speculation

They want the job, but apparently Nix doesn't want them:

• Martz
  • Billick

[b]They don't want the job, the Bills don't want them, but the posters can't seem to get it in their head:[/b]

• Marty Schottenheimer
  • A dozen other old guys that are retired

Some people dont like facts..... :censored:

updated with this morning's Schotty news. So looks like we've asked to interview and been turned down by 4 guys. We've interviewed 4, with one more still to come (Grimm). And then the pickins get slim.

Are we nearing the end of the search? If so, looks like Frazier or Grimm depending upon how he interviews.

updated with this morning's Schotty news. So looks like we've asked to interview and been turned down by 4 guys. We've interviewed 4, with one more still to come (Grimm). And then the pickins get slim.

Are we nearing the end of the search? If so, looks like Frazier or Grimm depending upon how he interviews.

That is about right. providing they both lose one should be on board by this time next week. ,

When they get in the same room with Grimm, they need to superglue a Bills hat to his head and call the media in to announce him as the next Bills HC before he has a chance to run away screaming.

I really don't want Frazier. Just reminds me too much of Jauron.

Please explain, i'm intruiged.

His personality and demeanor are very similar to Jauron. I am a season ticket holder and I am sick and tired of seeing our coach stand on the sidelines like a damn zombie and show now emotion or even signs of life. That'y why it was refreshing at first when Fewell took over. Atleast he had some fire.

I honestly know very little about either one of them and will live with whomever they pick. Maybe Frazier will be great, he's well thought of according to national media. When I look at his credentials I am not really impressed. Atleast Grimm played in the league (and at a position where we need help), I think his personality is what this team and fanbase needs right now.

His personality and demeanor are very similar to Jauron. I am a season ticket holder and I am sick and tired of seeing our coach stand on the sidelines like a damn zombie and show now emotion or even signs of life. That'y why it was refreshing at first when Fewell took over. Atleast he had some fire.

I honestly know very little about either one of them and will live with whomever they pick. Maybe Frazier will be great, he's well thought of according to national media. When I look at his credentials I am not really impressed. Atleast Grimm played in the league (and at a position where we need help), I think his personality is what this team and fanbase needs right now.

I'm not really sure regarding Frazier's personality, I've not watched enough Vikings games to see how he reacts on the sidelines. I'm also not really sure how much personality really matters, or if it does matter perhaps just as many players react to a coach that has "fire" as to a coach who doesn't show emotion on the sidelines. I do know Tony Dungy has been quoted calling Frazier "a leader of men."

Also, in my opinion Frazier's credentials are just as if not more impressive. He's been a successful head coach at the college level, has been a position coach and is credited with improving both the Eagles and Colts passing defenses, has a Super Bowl ring while with the Colts, and been regarded as a top defensive coordinator in the league. He played in the league as well for the Bears, winning a Super Bowl ring as a player and led the team with 6 ints that season.

As for Grimm, is he regarded as being a firey coach?

I'm not really sure regarding Frazier's personality, I've not watched enough Vikings games to see how he reacts on the sidelines. I'm also not really sure how much personality really matters, or if it does matter perhaps just as many players react to a coach that has "fire" as to a coach who doesn't show emotion on the sidelines. I do know Tony Dungy has been quoted calling Frazier "a leader of men."

Also, in my opinion Frazier's credentials are just as if not more impressive. He's been a successful head coach at the college level, has been a position coach and is credited with improving both the Eagles and Colts passing defenses, has a Super Bowl ring while with the Colts, and been regarded as a top defensive coordinator in the league. He played in the league as well for the Bears, winning a Super Bowl ring as a player and led the team with 6 ints that season.

As for Grimm, is he regarded as being a firey coach?

ISnt Bellicheat known as the most unemotional coach in the game and his team is a dynasty?

Seriously, if Billick truly does want the job and we are indeed turning him down we really do have the dumbest front office in the NFL.

My guess is that "the brain trusts" think they may have to pay more than minimum wage for Billick and it will topple the organizations apple cart if they pay more! For example, Ole Buddy is just supplementing his SSA with his paycheck as GM.

My guess is that "the brain trusts" think they may have to pay more than minimum wage for Billick and it will topple the organizations apple cart if they pay more! For example, Ole Buddy is just supplementing his SSA with his paycheck as GM.

Or he isn't worth what they'd have to pay him. According to all sources they've stepped up financially for both Shanahan and Cowher. The coaches merely balked at other issues.

Frazier also played in the league, and also we know that he can at least shuffle

Or he isn't worth what they'd have to pay him. According to all sources they've stepped up financially for both Shanahan and Cowher. The coaches merely balked at other issues.

Agreed. All indications are that money is not an issue in this coaching search. My best guess as to why there's been no interest in Billick is that Nix (a) just doesn't like him or (b) wants to build the team differently from what Billick wants.

If I remember correctly, Nix said something about wanting to work closely with the HC and have the same philosohy on the direction of the team. IMO, that's a great approach. To just dismiss Billick right off the bat, almost has to be something along that line.