Adam Schefter is a Tool!

ottawabills

Let's say this....................If you watched Adam Schefter on the pregame on Sunday..........he said, "There is as much chance of Bill Cowher (BC) becoming the Bills new head coach as me becoming the Bills next head coach"

Let's say this - Adam Schefter you are a Tool - with a capital "T"

What is known is this:

1. The Bills have contacted BC and have had subsequent discusssions.

2. Bill Cowher has been silent on whether or not he is interested.

3. Bill Cowher is still under contract (NFL Today) and does not want to discuss this while he is in front of a TV audience doing his job - think of any other person who is moving on to another job or comtemplating it - do they go public with it around the place they work? The answer is 99% No!

4. If BC definitely does not want to come here he would have clearly said, "I will not be coaching the Bills" or he is not interested or taking himself out of the running - such as Mike Shanahan said that he withdraws from the Bills quest!

5. The fact that he has been silent to me is a good sign or he simply would have said no.

6. We are not on his "A" list but we are on his list - Instead of taking it out on BC - we should understand that any of us in this position take our career's seriously and choose the best option with no spite on any particular Organization.

What we have going for us?

The pins are falling for us, Cleveland, Seattle, Dallas is looking good so Wade should be safe, the only wiggling pin is John Fox and Carolina..................

Bill must love that the fans care so much that they take a billboard out in his honor! That might go a long way! Put youself in those shoes and what would you think to see a great big billboard of yourself! You're wanted! Those other Organizations mentioned about can't say the same...............

I know it's a struggle and we are checking daily to see where were at but it's just time to be patient until BC actually makes an announcement! Sorry for the long ramble but I think we are looking more like 50/50 at this point! Better than what the Tool Adam Schefter has to say..................He isn't making friends in WNY - Let's hope Bill comes here and make him look like the Tool he is...................

Buffalo Bill Cowher for Head Coach!

You wrote that with your heart and not your head. Not that I can fault you for that.

I do agree that, still, no news is good news, for the following reasons:

1) If Carolina truly wants Cowher, and if he wants them, why does leveraging Buffalo against them make Carolina want him more? They either want him or they don't right?

2) You would think that Cowher's silence about Buffalo MIGHT prompt the Panthers to move more quickly than if Cowher flat out said no to Buffalo, since theoretically he could sign at any time with us. But wouldn't the Panthers have made a play for him by now after the news that the Bills met with him twice?

3) If Cowher intends to just not coach this year, why be coy about it and leave Bills fans twisting in the wind? Certainly the billboard will bring up the subject and Cowher will have to deal with it one way or another - if only by leaking out his intentions.

One last possibility - is Cowher just waiting for another vacancy to open this year (i.e., the Jags or Titans)? If that was the case you'd think he'd be getting antsy to lock in somewhere so he could assemble a staff. But, we did hear recently that Cowher was calling to assemble a staff - maybe he already has the key players in place. But how long will those assistants hang on with Cowher? Surely they want some security so sticking with Cowher while he plays the field can't be a pleasant waiting game.

Man I can't wait for this to be done. If it's not Cowher my money's on Brian Schott - family ties to Nix, history of developing QB's in SD (Brees and Rivers), plus by stealing him away from a division rival you wound a key opponent.

You wrote that with your heart and not your head. Not that I can fault you for that.

1) If Carolina truly wants Cowher, and if he wants them, why does leveraging Buffalo against them make Carolina want him more? They either want him or they don't right?

2) You would think that Cowher's silence about Buffalo MIGHT prompt the Panthers to move more quickly than if Cowher flat out said no to Buffalo, since theoretically he could sign at any time with us. But wouldn't the Panthers have made a play for him by now after the news that the Bills met with him twice?

3) If Cowher intends to just not coach this year, why be coy about it and leave Bills fans twisting in the wind? Certainly the billboard will bring up the subject and Cowher will have to deal with it one way or another - if only by leaking out his intentions.

One last possibility - is Cowher just waiting for another vacancy to open this year (i.e., the Jags or Titans)? If that was the case you'd think he'd be getting antsy to lock in somewhere so he could assemble a staff. But, we did hear recently that Cowher was calling to assemble a staff - maybe he already has the key players in place. But how long will those assistants hang on with Cowher? Surely they want some security so sticking with Cowher while he plays the field can't be a pleasant waiting game.

Man I can't wait for this to be done. If it's not Cowher my money's on Brian Schott - family ties to Nix, history of developing QB's in SD (Brees and Rivers), plus by stealing him away from a division rival you wound a key opponent.

We can only hope!!

As much I do not like Schefter, and wholly believe his ego gets in the way of many accurate predictions, I think he is on the money when it comes to Cowher. The only question remains is why Cowher has not publicly declined the Bills offer quite yet, and I think it's a simple reason: 1) he wants to know his worth in the market; and 2) if a different team is interested this year or next, they'll need to match or raise the offer what a smaller market team offered. To me, it just smells of standard business practice his agent told him to follow.

As much I do not like Schefter, and wholly believe his ego gets in the way of many accurate predictions, I think he is on the money when it comes to Cowher. The only question remains is why Cowher has not publicly declined the Bills offer quite yet, and I think it's a simple reason: 1) he wants to know his worth in the market; and 2) if a different team is interested this year or next, they'll need to match or raise the offer what a smaller market team offered. To me, it just smells of standard business practice his agent told him to follow.

See Mike Shanahan.

The Bills seem to be a stepping stone for coaches to get the job that they really want.

I'd LOVE to see the Titans gig open up. I'd be on Fisher like flies on _ _ _ _.

See Mike Shanahan.

The Bills seem to be a stepping stone for coaches to get the job that they really want.

100% accurate -- we all new Shanny wasn't coming to Buffalo... he just used us as leverage. Evidence: just look at his contract w/ the Redskins. Sad, but true.