What did Martz say after the game?

CosmicBills

Okee, so WHO exactly was going for the knees of the CB's? I can understand being PO'd at Clements' cheapshot on Holt, but the DB's? Come on! And with the game being played as fast as it is, and with players being as powerful as they are, sometimes you NEED to go for their legs, and it's hard to completely avoid the knees.

That's what I didn't get either. I guess Gray was giving his handshake to Martz and the Channel 2 reporter ( Stu Boyer ) was behind them and caught the conversation. Started bitching to Gray about cheap shots by our team. Said he was PO'd about his CB's getting hurt. Then he started asking Gray why the D was going for the knees. I think Martz said Faulk complained.

Sounds like sour grapes.

127670[/snapback]

It looked like Clements did cheapshot Holtz in the knees.

I heard it was classic Martz, bitching and moaning :(

127632[/snapback]

"The way two of them were lost was a little upsetting," Martz said, accusing Bills players of cutting Groce and Fisher at the knees. "Yes, absolutely, they were doing it intentionally. And they were trying to blow someone's knee out. There's no question about it."

NFL.com

Yes it was..........

127930[/snapback]

Technically, it was a legal block. Questionable, yes (as there was no reason for it), but I generally consider a cheapshot to be an illegal hit/block.

After seeing other teams do it to us for years, I can't say that I was all that disappointed to see it... Not that I want it to be a regular occurance or anything, but once or twice isn't that big a deal to me.

CW

It's great to see someone making excuses for getting their ass handed to them by the BIG BAD BUFFALO BILLS! Mike Fartz is a terrible coach and i'm glad he made himself known nationwide as the no talent assclown that he is. With his stupid 5 wide formation on the goal line and transition glasses. This guy deserves all the credit that he gets for being the nfl's #1 assclown.

clean text book tackle? it wasnt a tackle.

holt was blocking on a run play going to the other side of the field and clements just cut holt. the ball was not anywhere near the two of them.

I ought that was cheap, unless holt was cutting nate throughout the game and nate just wanted to send a message.

clean text book tackle? it wasnt a tackle.

holt was blocking on a run play going to the other side of the field and clements just cut holt.  the ball was not anywhere near the two of them.

I ought that was cheap, unless holt was cutting nate throughout the game and nate just wanted to send a message.

128111[/snapback]

Ok I'm thinking of the wrong play then. I was thinking of a play where Clements went real low to tackle Holt, which prevented more yards after catch. Oops!

from the bflo news:

The Rams cried foul over some of the rough tactics by the Bills' defensive backs. Wide receiver Torry Holt accused Bills cornerback Nate Clements of taking a shot at his knees, even on plays where Holt wasn't involved.

Holt had to come out of the game briefly after being hit in the knee early in the third quarter.

"That was totally surprising," Holt said. "I never had anything like that happen to me before. I asked him throughout the course of the game, "Why did you do that?' He said, "Well, you cut me.' I said, "Well, I don't go exactly for your knee to take you out and hurt your career.' I cut around the shin and around the ankles. I don't go right at the knee. He went right for my knee. I thought that was totally inappropriate and wasn't necessary. To me, that wasn't clean football."