What did Martz say after the game?

CosmicBills

According to Channel 2 Buffalo, he ran over to Jerry Gray after the game and screamed that our Defense was " dirty " . Two of his CB's left the game injured. He said the Bills Defense was going for the knees all game and he would get his revenge. I guess he snapped in his post game conference, according to the local reporter. Was furious about the supposed "cheap shots".

According to Channel 2 Buffalo, he ran over to Jerry Gray after the game and screamed that our Defense was " dirty " . Two of his CB's left the game injured. He said the Bills Defense was going for the knees all game and he would get his revenge. I guess he snapped in his post game conference, according to the local reporter. Was furious about the supposed "cheap shots".

127643[/snapback]

He blamed Jerry Gray for his DBs being injured? Does he know that Jerry Gray is the DEFENSIVE coach? lol

Martz is an idiot.

Mike Martz is a fuggin Joke. They lost to Miami because he said his DC sucked and started calling D plays. Miami promptly beat him on 4th Down for a TD.

he took the ST playcalling from Bobby April last year saying he sucked. Gee I guess he was wrong there too.

Mike Martz is a B word and he got beat on like one today.

He blamed Jerry Gray for his DBs being injured? Does he know that Jerry Gray is the DEFENSIVE coach? lol

Martz is an idiot.

127646[/snapback]

That's what I didn't get either. I guess Gray was giving his handshake to Martz and the Channel 2 reporter ( Stu Boyer ) was behind them and caught the conversation. Started bitching to Gray about cheap shots by our team. Said he was PO'd about his CB's getting hurt. Then he started asking Gray why the D was going for the knees. I think Martz said Faulk complained.

Sounds like sour grapes.

Here's some of it from MSNBC

As unhappy as Rams coach Mike Martz was with his team's performance, he was livid about what he called cheap shots by the Bills. The Rams lost three cornerbacks to injuries: starter Travis Fisher and backup DeJuan Groce to knee injuries in the first half, and backup Kevin Garrett to a concussion in the third quarter.

Rams receiver Torry Holt also accused Clements of trying to hurt him by going after his knees during a tackle in the third quarter.

"Absolutely, they were doing it intentionally,'' Martz said. "They are trying to blow somebody's knee out. There's no question about it. It worked.''

Here's some of it from MSNBC

As unhappy as Rams coach Mike Martz was with his team's performance, he was livid about what he called cheap shots by the Bills. The Rams lost three cornerbacks to injuries: starter Travis Fisher and backup DeJuan Groce to knee injuries in the first half, and backup Kevin Garrett to a concussion in the third quarter.

Rams receiver Torry Holt also accused Clements of trying to hurt him by going after his knees during a tackle in the third quarter.

"Absolutely, they were doing it intentionally,'' Martz said. "They are trying to blow somebody's knee out. There's no question about it. It worked.''

127709[/snapback]

Sour grapes. Even if it were true that the Bills were playing dirty (and I don't think it is)...it hardly explains Fast Freddie's return, or Clements' or the plethora of Rams turnovers in the third quarter. Even if Martz's statements were obviously factual, they'd still amount to nothing more than him trying to deflect attention from his BS play calling and the fact that his team shat the bed in the second half.

Sour grapes.  Even if it were true that the Bills were playing dirty (and I don't think it is)...it hardly explains Fast Freddie's return, or Clements' or the plethora of Rams turnovers in the third quarter.  Even if Martz's statements were obviously factual, they'd still amount to nothing more than him trying to deflect attention from his BS play calling and the fact that his team shat the bed in the second half.

127714[/snapback]

I agree. How dare our WR's beat the hell out of their CB's :(

The Bills as a team are very powerful and physical. Every team we play, we leave our mark on them. This is just another example. Clements however did throw a cheapshot on Holt which they showed on tv.

127716[/snapback]

Agreed. That was a cheap shot by Clements. I don't like to see the Bills doing that sort of stuff. I don't know that there were any other plays like that though.