Cleveland? We have a Problem...

XTC

Philthydelphia is a dump. NYC is a dump. Jersey City is a dump. Fresno is a dump. The state of Indiana is a dump. 2/3 of Chicago is a dump. L.A. is a dump. Ft. Lauderdale is a dump. West Havarstraw is a dump. Baltimore is pretty much a dump. Hartford is a dump. Detroit is a big-time dump- for which even Ted Nugent is scared to dwell. Couer d'Alene, ID is not a dump. Gary, Indiana is the epicenter of dump. Washiton, D.C. is a dump and the traffic also a dump. You can get anywhere in the Buffalo metro area in 15 minutes. Provincetown, MA isn't a dump, but I don't want to go there. St. Louis is a dump. Billings, MT is a bit of a dump. Lincoln, NE has nothing to brag about. There's plenty of dump on the side streets of Las Vegas. Utah is spooky. Virginia beach is full of jellyfish. The south side of Seattle, including Chinatown is a dump. Wyoming is a dump.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BEEN TO ALL OF THOSE CITYS IN THE LAST 5 YEARS. AND BY FAR AWAY BETTER CITYS THEN BUFFALO. ITS NOT LIKE I WANNA SAY THIS! ITS JUST TRUE!! AND ITS NOT EVEN A DEBATE!

Willis nice of you to stop by! Good game to day but we don't miss you here in Western NY. Can't wait to watch you get spanked by the Colts next week!

I don't buy any of this. Ralph's money is just as green as any other NFL owner's money. Any coach with intelligence would jump at this opportunity given that Ralph is finally willing to open up his wallet and pay top dollar for a decent coach. If a coach doesn't want that then screw 'em. And who gives a rat's ass what the media thinks? I really don't care. The media has to have a whipping boy and that's just how it is. The only way to get away from that is to BECOME A WINNER. Buffalo got plenty of media love during the Super Bowl years. We're just an easy target for them right now. If any prospective coach out there would actually avoid this job because of media reports (and I really doubt that would even happen), then I wouldn't want a coach like that around here anyhow. Buffalo WILL land a top-notch HC. They are just taking their time -- and they SHOULD take their time. There's no reason this hire has to happen immediately -- just has to happen in the near term -- within a few weeks.

It has nothing to do with the city and all to do with Ralph, his cheapness, and how the organization is set up (or not set up). Any previous HC who has some leverage is either going to go elsewhere or make certain demands regarding the Bills organization. Is Ralph going to stand tall or is he going to blink? Throwing out a potential big salary is only part of the answer. Having authority on personnel, free agents, drafts, and other decision making is what Ralph is going to have to concede on if he is going to succeed in hiring someone like Cowher. If not, then the Bills will hire another coordinator yet again and we will all hope for the best. Sound familiar??

BORN AND RAISED IN BUFFALO. I LOVE BUFFALO. LOVE THE PEOPLE, LOVE THE FOOD, BUT IM SORRY ITS A DUMP!!!! THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH! PITTSBURGH USED TO BE A DUMP TOO, BUT THEY TURNED THERE CITY AROUND, NOW ITS AWESOME! BUFF COULD DO THE SAME THING BUT THERE IS NO LEADERSHIP HERE

Born and raised here, moved to LA for 21 yrs came back. It's home....but it's in need of some repair, well a lot, fact is, it's a dump with few people and fewer jobs that will make ends meet. But I'm glad to be home. Anyone see my shopping cart and cardboard box?

It has nothing to do with the city and all to do with Ralph, his cheapness, and how the organization is set up (or not set up). Any previous HC who has some leverage is either going to go elsewhere or make certain demands regarding the Bills organization. Is Ralph going to stand tall or is he going to blink? Throwing out a potential big salary is only part of the answer. Having authority on personnel, free agents, drafts, and other decision making is what Ralph is going to have to concede on if he is going to succeed in hiring someone like Cowher. If not, then the Bills will hire another coordinator yet again and we will all hope for the best. Sound familiar??

Good points -- agree.

I now live on thirty acres in Pa.Northwestern.Grew up on Aldridge and Whitfield .And yes South Buffalo and South Park look like a dump to me. What happened to all the Irish catholics there?

Go the other way on Aldridge or Whitfield. McKinley is very nice. (South Park is a dump and always has been IMO).

And, Bill Cowher, or anybody else, take a drive up Delaware, around the park, Nottingham, Lincoln, etc......Then, tell me the city is a dump.

Do you trust people you do not know?

I dont trust anybody period lol. Even some member of my own damn family

but that being said maybe I SHOULD have said Ralph has a bad rep around the league, not as bad as Al Davis but after what happened to Bill Polian, and he was the best, maybe other people in the league may not want to work with him....

just a thought.

Go the other way on Aldridge or Whitfield. McKinley is very nice. (South Park is a dump and always has been IMO).

And, Bill Cowher, or anybody else, take a drive up Delaware, around the park, Nottingham, Lincoln, etc......Then, tell me the city is a dump.

McKinley is getting run down somekeep going abbott,Seneca Clinton.The state streets , the projects.Lots and lots of dirty places.

shanahan and cowher were successful coaches and may be again. they also evolved into prima donnas and only want to work in the perfect situation and they have enough talent and money to be selective. also few coaches succeed the second time around after they won. A bit of that fire in the belly is gone. Not getting them doesn't bother me tho i would not mind seeing cowher here if he truly commits to winning. that being said, a very good coordinator who has that fire and the desire could breathe life into this franchise especially if Nix drafts well and gets the other pieces we need.

most important we are missing leaders on this team. hard to name one isn't it? kelly thomas bennett and talley were the leaders in the 90's. we had other great players smith reed tasker grant etc but those 4 were the real leaders. today our leaders on offense is ???? nobody. based on seniority and talent it should be evans but he doesn't have what it takes to be a leader, truthfully he's not even a very good player. watch his play versus the effort the receivers in pack/cards game today. evans doesn't belong on the field with these guys. defense poz is working toward being the leader, whitner tries but in truth he is not the guy and byrd is way too young, maybe byrd and poz will emerge. but until we get a coach with fire and players with balls this team is going nowhere.

face it. even compaed to cleveland this city is a DUMP! its sad buts its the truth. we are little detriot

Learn how to spell. Have you been to Detroit or Cleveland lately? They are worse than Buffalo by far. I don't understand the media and coach bias on Buffalo other than maybe it's more about the owner and management.

I'll assume this is a sarcastic comment.

Please, can somebody explain how Cleveland is a better destination than Buffalo? I don't want to hear about any other franchise situations, just these two! Please!

This team has been 7-9 or damn near it for the majority of the decade. This is not a 1 or 2 win per year situation. This team has played hard and has been competitive. I just wish the grinning grin-box bastards (Adam, Clayton, Mort etc.) who act as if they have a dirty little secret to tell about Buffalo would just come out with it. It is NOT the city, it is NOT the weather, it is NOT the owner. Jax is closer to a move than the Bills are...if Del Rio gets canned watch how the Media jump all over the idea that Jax is a "dream" opportunity.

Thank you. Finally, someone on this board who stands up for the team, rather than pile on the same old tired whiny hating.

McKinley is getting run down somekeep going abbott,Seneca Clinton.The state streets , the projects.Lots and lots of dirty places.

They're all about the same as ever, I think........I enjoyed going down McKinley during Christmas time. It looked great with all the lights.