The Great and the bad.

ICE

got it, so we lost 18 on that play.  From TD to the 18.  Add in another run around 20 and I guess we are looking at 35-40 more yards.

127715[/snapback]

He lost 8 yds on the penalty....they credited him with the run to the 8 yard line...the penalty brought it back to the 18...The next play he ran for 12 yds and that was brought back on a Jason Peters holding penalty....so he lost a total of 20 yds to be exact.....

But like i said before if it was a TD...it would of been reviewed by the Rams and Mcgahee stepped out at about the 22-23 yard line so he coulda lost 15 more had he scored........so its all good :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO!! HE HAD A TD. THE FLAG WAS ON THE 8. AFTER PENALTY IT WAS BROUGHT TO 18. THAT IS LOSING 18 YARDS!!!!!!!!. THE NEXT PLAY WAS A 12 YARD RUN . THE FLAG WAS THROWN ON THE LINE SO IT WAS BROUGHT BACK 10 FROM THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. WM HAD A 21 YARD RUN ON THAT PLAY WHICH MADE THAT PLAY LOSE 22 YARDS. SO IN THOOSE 2 PLAYS THEY LOST 40 YARDS.!

He isn't our 'backup' he is the guy that needs to be starting NOW. He is the guy that needs live game reps.  Again if left up to you, bledsoe starts from here on out regardless of how he has fugged this team.  I don't have to prove anything to you, And It will be a cold day in hell before I appologise to an bledsoe ass kissing B word like you.

Need further explination?

127629[/snapback]

Hang on a sec while I check the depth chart...

Yup, Bledsoe was the STARTER, Losman was a BACKUP. Sorry ICE, but you were wrong.

And again, NO NFL TEAM has EVER (probably in the HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE) tried throwing the ball with less than 5 minutes left and a 20 point lead, not with their BACKUP QB... You can be a jerk and pretend that you're smarter than the entire world, but youp're not. You're an idiot if you think Losman should've gone in at that point and thrown the ball.

If you want to say that he should've STARTED the game, great. No problem with that. But under no cirucumstances would any backup QB throw the ball with less than 5 minutes left and a 20 point lead.

And guess what? If we HAD thrown the ball in that situation (with either QB)-- people would've complained that we didn't just the run clock out. ANd they'd be right.

You're smarter than that ICE.

CW

NO!! HE HAD A TD. THE FLAG WAS ON THE 8. AFTER PENALTY IT WAS BROUGHT TO 18. THAT IS LOSING 18 YARDS!!!!!!!!. THE NEXT PLAY WAS A 12 YARD RUN . THE FLAG WAS THROWN ON THE LINE SO IT WAS BROUGHT BACK 10 FROM THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. WM HAD A 21 YARD RUN ON THAT PLAY WHICH MADE THAT PLAY LOSE 22 YARDS. SO IN THOOSE 2 PLAYS THEY LOST 40 YARDS.!

127784[/snapback]

We lost 18 total yards on the penalty but Mcgahee only lost 8 on the play....The gain went for 41....

You're right ICE, kinda. JP is not the backup, he's the 3rd string emergency QB. Let's let him actually beat out Shane friggin' Matthews for the #2 job before we anoint him start, mmmkay?

There are about 12 players that you could say "We would be 6-3 IF..." about. You've clearly picked yours...

Bledsoe's three TD passes were misleading? Let me see. He made three throws into the endzone that resulted in touchdowns. Were those fake touchdowns, or are you going to tell me that they were flukes? Oh, one was as a result of a great runback from Fast Freddy, so that doesn't count. And all three were made by Campbell, and he hasn't caught one all year, so those don't count. And Bledsoe sucks, so they must have been just a blind squirrel finding some nuts.

And speaking of nuts...where do you come up with this stuff?

127465[/snapback]

I was very happy for Drew that he got those scores regardless...but I think it is important to point out those were not great throws by Bledsoe.....those were his receivers finally helping him out for a change and fighting for the ball and coming down with it.....

JMO

Special teams.  A+++ 

Best damn ST in the league. ONLY part of our game that has been a consistant this year.

127439[/snapback]

Does it bother anyone else that Lindell's season long this year is 43 yds?

Does it bother anyone else that Lindell's season long this year is 43 yds?

Not when he's 13-15 for 87%.

Although I have wrinkled a brow or three at Mularkey's, ahem...... "conservative" use of him.

Hang on a sec while I check the depth chart...

Yup, Bledsoe was the STARTER, Losman was a BACKUP.  Sorry ICE, but you were wrong.

And again, NO NFL TEAM has EVER (probably in the HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE) tried throwing the ball with less than 5 minutes left and a 20 point lead, not with their BACKUP QB...  You can be a jerk and pretend that you're smarter than the entire world, but youp're not.  You're an idiot if you think Losman should've gone in at that point and thrown the ball.

If you want to say that he should've STARTED the game, great.  No problem with that.  But under no cirucumstances  would any backup QB throw the ball with less than 5 minutes left and a 20 point lead.

And guess what?  If we HAD thrown the ball in that situation (with either QB)-- people would've complained that we didn't just the run clock out.  ANd they'd be right.

You're smarter than that ICE.

CW

127955[/snapback]

Hey Fez, if you're going to call someone an idiot, make sure you spell "you're" correctly in the previous sentence... :blink:

It doesn't matter anyway. You guys are too damn stupid to understand anyway. To get better you PLAY.  When? Well It's much better to play when you are at home, winning and only have 4 min left.

I guess I'm just as stupid as every NFL coach in history then, since what you proposed HAS NEVER HAPPENED AND WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN THE NFL!

You're being dense...

And I don't even think you realize it... :blink:

CW

Good:

Defensive performance.

ST efforts (with an assist awarded to STL - their fans must have gone nuts).

Only 1 sack of DB.

Decent offensive playcalling, all in all.

Bad:

2 of 11 on 3rd down conversions.

15 penalties for 123 yards. A Zebra Jamboree. Same for STL (11/84).

Semi-Bad:

25 minutes of possession time. Misleading, however. Scoring drives ranged from 0.5 to 3.52 minutes - Bill's prowess or STL's ineptitude?

Not much running emphasis in 1st half. Minus WMG's 41 yarder, running game was not notable.

Neutral:

Offensive Line. No head pats, no face slaps - they did what is normally expected of an NFL line.

Bad:

15 penalties for 123 yards. A Zebra Jamboree.  Same for STL (11/84).

Semi-Bad:

128594[/snapback]

In defense of that number...it was Walt Coleman's crew. Same guys that called a bazillion penalties in the Buffalo-SF game a few years ago. Fifteen penalties from a an overzealous and arguably myopic crew is something I can forgive...even ignore.