Aaron Maybin Tweet

Fingon

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how the hell do you know what he did in response...contrary to what others may think...it takes less than a minute to send a tweet, plenty of time to do stuff before or after he types his less than 140 character message....lets not make this guy out to be a horrible person....way to jump to conclusions.....

Seriously man! Why didnt he notify someone? If that guy killed the cab driver and someone used his tweet as evidence that he was a witness what kind of trouble could he be in....... some people are just plain stupid and irresponsible. Way to care about your fellow man Aaron.

I'm almost certain you cannot be charged with witnessing a crime and not reporting it.

I'm not a lawyer but I believe it would be categorized as some form of Obstruction of Justice. Also, just because Maybin tweeted it doesn't mean he didn't also report it to the police.

I'm not a lawyer but I believe it would be categorized as some form of Obstruction of Justice. Also, just because Maybin tweeted it doesn't mean he didn't also report it to the police.

True. And D.C. has a reputation as on of the most violent cities in the country. It wouldn't shock me to hear of someone seeing somebody pull a gun on a cabie.

He was out in downtown DC. Just because he saw someone pull a gun while he was out does not mean he was with bad company, theres thousands of people out there every night.

But he sucks and was a reach and a Bust so it means we need to run him out of town, situations like this help make it easier for us to do that. I hear it was Maybin who was with Lynch when he stole the $20. I also hear it wasn't the police that returned the $20 to the woman, Fred Jackson did, but he gave her $100 for the trouble

And doesn't Maybin know he isn't allowed to Tweet or talk until he is a good football player, is he spending time with Whitner now too?

Not at all. In fact, you can watch someone get murdered and you are under no obligation to report it. Only if you are subpoenaed by a grand jury or judge are you required to testify truthfully to anything you observed.

However, it sure makes Maybin look like a punk who has no regard for his fellow man. Not to mention, he sucks at football.

Seriously man! Why didnt he notify someone? If that guy killed the cab driver and someone used his tweet as evidence that he was a witness what kind of trouble could he be in....... some people are just plain stupid and irresponsible. Way to care about your fellow man Aaron.

who says he dident, if you go out in a city crime happens sometimes, I have seen guns get pulled, and people getting jumped by 5 guys, and I dont go to dirty ghetto places, its part of life in a city, people blow things way way out of proportion. Should be happy he saw a bad thing and did not want to be around it

Question:

Why would you, as a professional anything, be in an area where someone would even think about putting a gun in somebody else's face for anything other than self-defense?

red i thought crime happened everywhere??????????????

banks are professional businesses and they get robbed. i dont understand your logic.

I'm almost certain you cannot be charged with witnessing a crime and not reporting it.

Depends on the crime and the state.

In Georgia, if you witness a murder, and fail to report it, the state can (and will) charge you with at least obstruction, possibly manslaughter/murder, or something in between.

In Georgia, if you witness a murder, and fail to report it, the state can (and will) charge you with at least obstruction, possibly manslaughter/murder, or something in between.

Actually that is probably incorrect. I'm not completely aware of Georgia's misprision of felony statutes, but the Federal and State statutes that I have read all indicate there there needs to be active concealment to be charged with any crime. For example, you cannot be arrested for witnessing a robbery and not calling the police, but you can be charged if you try to cover up that it ever happened.

It does depend on the state's statute regarding obstruction, but it is highly unlikely that merely failing to file a report of what you witnessed would be classified as obstruction of justice. Lying to the police about what you saw is one thing, not saying anything is another. Also, I don't know of any state that would charge you with homicide in any degree for merely witnessing a murder. That's called being merely present, and mere presence is not enough to make you guilty of a crime.

There are at least ten States with a legal requirement to "aid in distress". I don't know if New York is one of them...