McNabb out in Philly?

Rich Hofmann of the Philadelphia Daily News is speculating that this playoff season is make of break for McNabb in Philly. He believes that the Eagles not extending McNabb, but giving him a raise this season was letting him know he needs to make something happen or else he is out and Kolb is in.

I think he may be onto something here, if McNabb is dropped or the trade block this season, should Buffalo make a move for him? I believe that given our current state at QB and lacking a veteran starter for many years I think that if McNabb becomes available that we should try making a move to get him. While not a long term solution, he would be the best option available in regards to the current free agents and the upcoming draft.

Thoughts?

Rich Hofmann of the Philadelphia Daily News is speculating that this playoff season is make of break for McNabb in Philly. He believes that the Eagles not extending McNabb, but giving him a raise this season was letting him know he needs to make something happen or else he is out and Kolb is in.

I think he may be onto something here, if McNabb is dropped or the trade block this season, should Buffalo make a move for him? I believe that given our current state at QB and lacking a veteran starter for many years I think that if McNabb becomes available that we should try making a move to get him. While not a long term solution, he would be the best option available in regards to the current free agents and the upcoming draft.

Thoughts?

From college to pro, I've seen him puke under pressure in big games enough times to believe that's he's not the guy to take us all the way home. But he's definitely an upgrade and he'd be a great transition guy to at least help us toward respectable while our long-term QB is still on his way.

Thoughts?

Aslong as we dont have to give up a first round pick for him. This would be a good addition to groom young Brian brohm and another 2nd-3rd round draft choice under.

I'd offer them the choice between a 4th round pick or Marshawn Lynch.

McNabb's age, injury issues are a recipe for disaster with the current state of the Bills offensive line. That's why I wouldn't go overboard with an offer. I could imagine the Bills giving them a second round pick or McKelvin and having it blow up in their face when McNabb plays in only a handful of games.

Sorry to be negative and beat this drum again but...

I don't believe that McNabb would ever come here.

He'd very likely go to a team that is one quarterback away from having a chance to win a Super Bowl.

Most successful quarterbacks are justifiably protective of their legacies. I believe he would go to a strong organization. Just my opinion.

Considering how absolutely terrible Kolb has been, getting rid of McNabb would be the deathknell for the Eagles franchise until they find an adequate replacement. Kolb is terrible. They'd be better off picking Losman up off the Raider's practice squad. No way McNabb leaves Philadelphia after this season unless you see them making a big signing or announcing that they are going to resign Vick for the long term.

I'd offer them the choice between a 4th round pick or Marshawn Lynch.

McNabb's age, injury issues are a recipe for disaster with the current state of the Bills offensive line. That's why I wouldn't go overboard with an offer. I could imagine the Bills giving them a second round pick or McKelvin and having it blow up in their face when McNabb plays in only a handful of games.

I can't imagine that would get it done . If it were you and you were trading him what would you be expecting back

Considering how absolutely terrible Kolb has been, getting rid of McNabb would be the deathknell for the Eagles franchise until they find an adequate replacement. Kolb is terrible. They'd be better off picking Losman up off the Raider's practice squad. No way McNabb leaves Philadelphia after this season unless you see them making a big signing or announcing that they are going to resign Vick for the long term.

He is 35 and has one year left on his contract. Maybe this is why they brought in vick after all . Vick and kolb are both under contract for 2010 . Who knows though , seems like mcNabb stuff comes up every year.

I can't imagine that would get it done . If it were you and you were trading him what would you be expecting back

I'm not saying that they would bite. But they did take on Vick, so maybe they would take a chance on Lynch. As for the draft picks, no way I give them any of our 1-3rd round picks for McNabb. That just doesn't make sense for a team that's in a rebuilding mode like we are. This team needs many good young players for the hopefully bright future ahead for the team.

Terrible????...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play...0/gamelog/2009/

3 games - 88.9 QB rating, 4 TDs, 741 yds, 2 consecutive 300 yd games

:thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :sick:

Sorry to be negative and beat this drum again but...

I don't believe that McNabb would ever come here.

He'd very likely go to a team that is one quarterback away from having a chance to win a Super Bowl.

Most successful quarterbacks are justifiably protective of their legacies. I believe he would go to a strong organization. Just my opinion.

I believe with a QB like McNabb, we are a playoff team this year. My god, we went 6-10 with Fitzpatrick, Brohm, & Edwards. A few tweaks and a legit QB, who's to say we can't be a playoff team next year? The NFL is a very even league.

And given his experience at Cuse and the fact he is a family man who will be welcomes liek a god here, McNabb probably would like it here. That said, I have a few Eagles fan friends who believe McNabb is going to be back no matter what. They have a young team and still want to make another run.

If it is true and Cowher is on the fence due to qb play and personal matters. This is a good thing to point out to him . Players become available and we will find you a quaterback .

"Players become available and we will find you a quaterback"

just look at how successful we have been at finding QBs since Kelly left 15 years ago

yeah- that will sell him

I'm not saying that they would bite. But they did take on Vick, so maybe they would take a chance on Lynch. As for the draft picks, no way I give them any of our 1-3rd round picks for McNabb. That just doesn't make sense for a team that's in a rebuilding mode like we are. This team needs many good young players for the hopefully bright future ahead for the team.

I not sure , how about this , first round left tackle , let just assume when all is said in done we find one worth taking at number 9 , trade seoncd rounded for mcnabb. I think all of the sudden the offense is something gretly improved .

as for lynch yeah he can go . lynch and a two should get it done, the eagles don't like first round pikcs anyway , They seem to trade down a lot .