Replacing TO is important and I don't think Hardy is the answer.

Tipster19

The shake up for this roster is imminent and if a big body WR with some speed is needed then I don't think Hardy is that guy. Looking at the Giants' needs they suffer in the secondary the most and their S Kenny Phillips had microfracture surgery on his left knee and may not be the same player that they drafted. I think that it would be interesting to see if their 2009 3rd rd pick WR Ramses Barden would be available in a trade for some secondary/S help. Whitner for Barden could serve a dual purpose in establishing a new direction for the Bills.

The shake up for this roster is imminent and if a big body WR with some speed is needed then I don't think Hardy is that guy. Looking at the Giants' needs they suffer in the secondary the most and their S Kenny Phillips had microfracture surgery on his left knee and may not be the same player that they drafted. I think that it would be interesting to see if their 2009 3rd rd pick WR Ramses Barden would be available in a trade for some secondary/S help. Whitner for Barden could serve a dual purpose in establishing a new direction for the Bills.

Intruiging idea, may be better off trading him for a 3rd and selecting our own WR. Who starts at SS if Whitner is traded?

Maybe another shotgun wedding , I don't see t.o with a lot of options and as usual we will not have a lot of options .

Not sure about giving up on Hardy at this point. The guy hasn't been on the field to get an accurate assesment of what we have in him. Look at Malcom Kelly from the Deadskins. He hadn't done anything either but was allowed some playing time during the last few weeks of the season and the kid starting showing alot of promise. The same goes for Fred Davis.

While I am not saying that he is the next T.O. or anything I am saying that without some playing time in game situations how do we know?

Not sure about giving up on Hardy at this point. The guy hasn't been on the field to get an accurate assesment of what we have in him. Look at Malcom Kelly from the Deadskins. He hadn't done anything either but was allowed some playing time during the last few weeks of the season and the kid starting showing alot of promise. The same goes for Fred Davis.

While I am not saying that he is the next T.O. or anything I am saying that without some playing time in game situations how do we know?

But he is a thug and has to join Lynch on his way out of town, I bet he was the one with Lynch when they robbed the woman at TGI Fridays :thumbsup: We can't have thugs on this team, we need high character altar boys, unless they are Pro Bowlers, then we can overlook thugs, right?

And I thought Whitner was a complete bust and not a starter, what team is actually going to trade anything of value for a guy who the bills fans don't feel is a starter in the NFL?

Its funny how guys are viewed as complete bust garbage players in Buffalo, but yet they actually believe that these guys are trade bait to other teams

Hardy is just another thug that was a wasted draft pick

Thug? When has Hardy been involved in gang violence or any crimes?

Seems like you have a nasty habit of throwing out racial slurs over the internet. I see you making these comments alot.

With that said, Hardy may be a bust but hes coming out of 2 injury plague years, while he has been healthy he hasn't gotten much playing time. Hes still young. Let him get a full year playing under his belt before making a final judgement.

To answer the topic of the title... How about Steve Johnson? He has shown flashes of being a good WR. If not him, I would like us to sign Vincent Jackson in the Offseason

Thug? When has Hardy been involved in gang violence or any crimes?

Seems like you have a nasty habit of throwing out racial slurs over the internet. I see you making these comments alot.

With that said, Hardy may be a bust but hes coming out of 2 injury plague years, while he has been healthy he hasn't gotten much playing time. Hes still young. Let him get a full year playing under his belt before making a final judgement.

To answer the topic of the title... How about Steve Johnson? He has shown flashes of being a good WR. If not him, I would like us to sign Vincent Jackson in the Offseason

hardy was involved in pulling a gun on his own father (sure he may not have been a good father) at a family BBQ. Pulling a gun on a family member = Thug (also didn't he have something from back in college too?), or is he only a thug when the fans find someone better on the roster?

How about Steve "HOFer before even starting an NFL game" Johnson? If only the NFL and the rest of the league could see the 7th round talent as well as the fans can from pre-season games and a dozen or so catches in the regular season

Based upon Owens' age and tendency to drop balls along with his contract of atleast $6 mil per season, and what I believe was his desire to get a big pay day after this season, I would say lose him.

Owens signed a 1-year deal. When he left Dallas, rumors were swirling confirming his reputation of a locker room divider prima donna. San Fran, Philly, then Dallas all said the same thing. Problem for TO was, he still has some gas in the tank, but nobody called. Baltimore was rumored to have a luke-warm interest, but it was the Bills that ultimately surprised everyone and went completely off script and signed him.

Do we have offensive issues? Obviously. Firing your offensive coordinator days prior the opener against your division rival on MNF, no less, and cutting your starting RT (after switching him to LT in a stop gap move) and trading away your Pro Bowl LT in the same offseason indicated that there were going to be problems.

So, its not TO's fault that the offense stank. 9 seasons of statistics confirms that no single player is responsible.

However, his age, cost for production, and his history of divisiveness, IMO, warrants his dismissal. Based on the lack of market last offseason, I don't doubt at all that the sole reason TO was "quiet" this year, was because he was probably being constantly reminded by Rosenhaus that if he just behaved and "played ball", teams would see that he was indeed NOT the locker room menace he was being made out to be, and that he was simply a victim of people hating his success.

Anyone who thinks that the lack of antics this season was anything but acting humble for a bigger pay day with a bigger and better team, needs to get a grasp on reality.

Now, is Hardy the answer? It is so hard to say based on his limited playing time. His constant injuries certainly do not help. But, in his defense most receivers take a good 2 to 3 seasons to produce. If I remember correctly, Jerry Rice had a miserable 1st and 2nd season, only to explode and become the Rice we all know from his 3rd season on. Moulds also stunk his first couple of seasons, only to become a dominant WR later on. It does take time.

We have also been plagued with not only horrible offenses and personnel, but also a constantly changing offensive staff and philosophy. The lack of clear direction, and the lack of talent to even allow your QB a couple of seconds to read a defense hampers any ability to improve and score.

I'd love to see Hardy turn into that solid #2, who can take heat off of Evans for some time to come. But based upon Modrak's tenure thus far, I'm tending to think that he may be another Modrak bust.

I agree, also Steve Johnson needs a fair shake.

I never said to get rid of Hardy, I just don't think that he's the answer at this point. Two injury plagued seasons, pedestrian speed, I just don't see him contributing anything at this time, if at all. I'd like to see the Bills get a big WR with speed and I think that Barden can provide that.

And I thought Whitner was a complete bust and not a starter, what team is actually going to trade anything of value for a guy who the bills fans don't feel is a starter in the NFL?

Its funny how guys are viewed as complete bust garbage players in Buffalo, but yet they actually believe that these guys are trade bait to other teams

Um, I'm looking over this thread and I don't see where I or anyone else called or thinks that Whitner is a "bust garbage player". The assumptions and interpretations around here are simply amazing!

I agree, also Steve Johnson needs a fair shake.

I agree also but I don't think that Josh Reed is going to be around much longer himself. Either way it would be nice to have some better options than what we currently have, especially if TO goes elsewheres which I believe he will.

But he is a thug and has to join Lynch on his way out of town, I bet he was the one with Lynch when they robbed the woman at TGI Fridays :thumbsup: We can't have thugs on this team, we need high character altar boys, unless they are Pro Bowlers, then we can overlook thugs, right?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3871283

You don't have two 1,000 yard seasons back-to-back, by mistake.

*EDIT: Notice the other Buffalo Bills player in the article.