[closed]Cowher search may be over

tomc702

i'm predicting - sadly mind you - that the possibility of bill cowher coaching here has just ended.

ralph opened his mouth and took a shot at cowher in the media; i would think that actually means cowher turned them down; remember why polian, butler and many others have left buffalo - because ralph has some quirky trait about himself that he just can't stop meddling. when things are going too well he does something to offend people. there has to be some reason that tennessee owner gave him the finger on national television. ralph just isn't liked OR respected....

anyway, my point is, with ralph going on ESPN to say: owner unsure about cowher

it just about signals that cowher has turned us down or, if he hasn't and was just thinking about things, after reading ralph's attitude he would be well-advised to remember how ralph treated bill pollian......

bill cowher to buffalo could have died with this report.......

Bills owner Ralph Wilson confirmed the team has spoken to Bill Cowher about the team's coaching vacancy. Wilson isn't sure whether the former Steelers coach is interested in the job.

"I don't know," Wilson told The Associated Press during a brief interview from his home in suburban Detroit on Friday. "You'd have to ask him."

then......

"We want to hire a coach who wants to come to Buffalo and be a part of the community, you know what I mean?" Wilson said. "We're looking for a guy with a lot of passion."

i'm predicting - sadly mind you - that the possibility of bill cowher coaching here has just ended.

ralph opened his mouth and took a shot at cowher in the media; i would think that actually means cowher turned them down; remember why polian, butler and many others have left buffalo - because ralph has some quirky trait about himself that he just can't stop meddling. when things are going too well he does something to offend people. there has to be some reason that tennessee owner gave him the finger on national television. ralph just isn't liked OR respected....

it just about signals that cowher has turned us down or, if he hasn't and was just thinking about things, after reading ralph's attitude he would be well-advised to remember how ralph treated bill pollian......

Who the hell is bill cower?

Where do you get that he was blasting him? Ralph said he wasn't going to comment on Cowher's thoughts about coming here and if the media really wanted to know they should ask him. Nothing wrong with that. It's the right thing to do. If Ralph comes out and says yeah he's our coach, he very well could turn us down, since Cowher has been clear that he isn't going to comment on any coaching interviews he has right now. Further, saying they want a guy who wants to be part of the community and coaches with passion made me think immediately of Cowher based on what I saw of him in Pittsburgh. We all need to stop blowing Ralph's no comments into more than they are in an attempt to find reasons to doubt. Just sit back and wait like everyone else around here and see what Buffalo does, then comment on the decision. All this speculating is getting us nowhere.

I fail to see Ralph's comment as "blasting" Cowher. A little sensitive, are we?!

It was a completely fair statement by Ralph, given that he's not a mind reader. He merely told the press that if they want to gauge Cowher's interest in the position, they ought to check with Cowher, himself. This is a completely fair statement and not "blasting".

Bills owner Ralph Wilson confirmed the team has spoken to Bill Cowher about the team's coaching vacancy. Wilson isn't sure whether the former Steelers coach is interested in the job.

"I don't know," Wilson told The Associated Press during a brief interview from his home in suburban Detroit on Friday. "You'd have to ask him."

then......

"We want to hire a coach who wants to come to Buffalo and be a part of the community, you know what I mean?" Wilson said. "We're looking for a guy with a lot of passion."

I know that Bills fans have valid beefs with Ralph, but this is not one of them. If he's offering Cowher 10 million a year and the dufus still can't SOGOTP, then he has every right to give a hint to a reporter as to why Bill Cowher isn't here.

Would you give someone 10 million a year that wasn't thrilled after he signed the contract? I'm glad that Ralph said what he said in that interview. Is it Cowher? Is it his wife? Newsflash, they're just not that into the Bills. At least Shanny had the decency to flat out say he didn't want the job rather than let it drag on and on and on knowing deep down that he didn't want the job.

I'd rather have a Perry Fewell than a Bill Cowher who only came here because the offer was too big to pass up. Hopefully they are going to make a play for Harbaugh. He's a young guy with a lot of bravado and fire who's just what the doctor ordered for the Bills next head coach going against guys like Belichick, Sparano, and Ryan.

Just a nother, mindless, winey bitchy post from a wanna be Bills fan. In case you do not realise Ralph does not meddle he owns the team. He can do what he wants with his team. I happen to agree with him also. If you do not want to be in this environment. Than I do not want you to be the coach either. You are probably still chasing after the girl who did not want you in highschool. Unbelivable how mindless and stupid this post is. Polian left the Bills because he did not get them over the hump and win a superbowl. Butler would not resign with Buffalo because he knew that he had to jettison Bruce, Thurman and Andre. He did not want to, and forever be hated in Bills nation. Do you have any clue or did you just get picked for the Special Olympics of posting. Because you will not make the podium with this garbage. So wipe up the pile of drool, and try a little harder next time.

then......

There is nothing wrong with Ralph's comments to the AP. He was completely honest and no one can not respect Ralph's honesty. Some people may not like his honesty, that is a different issue. I like it that Ralph was honest as he was. He did not throw Bill Cowher under the bus. One way I looked at Ralph's comments is "OK Bill, it is time to take a BLIP or get off the pot...." The Bills organization is OK either way.

Wow. I think this guy needs to not read between the lines on what the old Geezer said. You think he blasts Cowher? Dont get that! He is just saying that he is in the dark, like the rest of us. and that he wants a coach that will be involved here. Who knows what's going on with this search, All I can say is that it will take longer than any of us fans want. :w00t:

It was a challenge to Cowher. Do you have the passion, and do you have enough left in the tank, to take on a project like this? Can you turn the Bills around?

I think we're sitting back now because we've already told him the job is his if he wants it. Personally, I'd prefer if we were being more aggressive and letting him know we want him, and that we do want to win.