how big of a joke is this team when...

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Grimm's team playing this week? Correct me if I am wrong but aren't the only coaches currently on playoff teams that are allowed to go to interviews are the ones whose team has a bye week? And even if wildcard teams assistants are allowed to go to interviews would they even want to? I mean when going for a head coaching interview you have to prepare for what you are going to say and do.

I think that Grimm simply wants to focus on a game plan seeing as that takes hours upon hours to do instead of overloading himself doing/preparing for and interview and formulating a gameplan for a playoff game. There are no coordinators that are going to turn down an interview with the Bills remember there are only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL.

As I understand it, Grimm could interview at the beginning of next week (after their game), but he turned down

the opportunity.

As I understand it, Grimm could interview at the beginning of next week (after their game), but he turned down

the opportunity.

Haven't heard anywhere other than here that Grimm "turned down" the interview opportunity. Nowhere.

the opportunity.

No team is allowed to contact Grimm until his team is out of the playoffs, or the Super Bowl bye week, whichever comes first. Not even to contact him to ask for an interview. So please fill us in on why you think he turned down an interview. Otherwise, someone please close this thread. Waste of time.

No team is allowed to contact Grimm until his team is out of the playoffs, or the Super Bowl bye week, whichever comes first. Not even to contact him to ask for an interview. So please fill us in on why you think he turned down an interview. Otherwise, someone please close this thread. Waste of time.

Dontcha love how some fans get all bent out of shape about rumors that can't possibly be true :unsure:

So far the Buffalo Bills have only asked to interview Shanahan, Cowher, Fewell, Frazier AFAIK

Jon Gruden made it known he wasn't interested in interviewing with anyone by stating so, after he signed an extension with ESPN.

i don't really have a problem with the way this search is going. the bills are clearly considering a LOT of different guys and taking their time to speak with each one. The lack of other vacancies means they have time to make an informed rational decision. As the days pass, I think you'll see that people do want to coach here, despite the madness of King Ralph.

I only wish King Ralph had put as much thought into his GM choice. Ironically, the haphazard way he chose Nix is probably one of the things that's scaring Russ Grimm.

The way he chose Nix is probably turning off the majority of the best candidates, not to mention the unstability of the ownership and the organization, along with the non-dedication to winning that has been on display for the past decade.

If this is true, don't be mad. There's barely a functioning brain cell in Russ Grimm's head. He did put in ten full years in the trenches when football was still a rough and tumble game.

I'd seriously rather have Perry than Russ as the Bills head coach. I mean, has anyone ever heard of a running game coordinator???? That sounds like a goofy made up title that the head coach gives to someone he feels sorry for and who was too stupid to handle the offensive coordinator job.

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches.html

Wow, I want to be as positive as the previous two posters, but I don't see any legitimate way to

spin this. The Bills' HC job is not desireable.

I think it is time to call Haslett and Trestman. First one to answer their phone wins the job.

Agreed. Lets get on with it. Buffalo looks like f ing miami compared to Quebec. Although Montreal beats the heck out of Buffalo, hands down. Haslett would do it, as well. Doesn't really matter, as the whole thing gets blown up again when Ralph passes on. that's why no one wants it. Also, an interview candidate, who's never been there, first impression coming out of the airport in January to 10 degree temps is undoubtedly "No"...

The way he chose Nix is probably turning off the majority of the best candidates, not to mention the unstability of the ownership and the organization, along with the non-dedication to winning that has been on display for the past decade.

This non-dedication to winning garbage argument is getting old. This decade has been tough but they've always wanted to win. Things just didn't work out, some bad coaching decisions, some bad hires etc... When Donahoe and Williams took over they had to get out of cap jail but then they got close. They signed premiere free agents (Spikes, Adams), made the trade for Bledsoe. They were trying to win. They were active in free agency. Things didn't work out. I've been pretty disappointed this last decade but at no time did I ever feel like the organization wasn't dedicated to winning.

i don't really have a problem with the way this search is going. the bills are clearly considering a LOT of different guys and taking their time to speak with each one. The lack of other vacancies means they have time to make an informed rational decision. As the days pass, I think you'll see that people do want to coach here, despite the madness of King Ralph.

I only wish King Ralph had put as much thought into his GM choice. Ironically, the haphazard way he chose Nix is probably one of the things that's scaring Russ Grimm.

Who have they actually interviewed, other than Mr. Rooney, who they had fired the day before?

This non-dedication to winning garbage argument is getting old. This decade has been tough but they've always wanted to win. Things just didn't work out, some bad coaching decisions, some bad hires etc... When Donahoe and Williams took over they had to get out of cap jail but then they got close. They signed premiere free agents (Spikes, Adams), made the trade for Bledsoe. They were trying to win. They were active in free agency. Things didn't work out. I've been pretty disappointed this last decade but at no time did I ever feel like the organization wasn't dedicated to winning.

Lets see, Williams, Mularkey, Jauron, etc.-cheapest head coaches available, now that is a commitment to winning over saving money if I have ever seen one.