Jevan Snead going pro

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No team will take him in the first round. His stock at the combine wont go up because they will see the guy one on one working with other receiver.... The first thing scouts will notice is his terrible accuracy and his terrible throwing mechanics. And then if they give him drills with presser baring in on him they will notice his lack of poise.

Right now his a 3rd rounder at best, watch his draft stock to a 5th round grade.

Remember this conversation around draft. We will see who is right.

Remember this conversation around draft. We will see who is right.

Ok :w00t:

I think I would know a little something since I have 2 cousins who are scouts. And neither of them think highly of Snead. And plus I'm studying sports management in school right now (Sports Management major) and my goal is to be a head scout.

The funny thing is that you haven't even put forth a strong enough argument as to why Snead will become a 1st round pick. You say "At the combine the controlled conditions will benefit him and his draft status will rise" -- Not true, the controlled conditions at the combine aren't going to drastically change his poor accuracy, it wont help his throwing mechanics, and it wont help his poise. All those 3 things right there are round 1 must haves for a QB. No QB that is poor in all 3 of those skill sets will be a 1st round QB. No way a team will take a 1st round flyer on a guy that his only positives are: a Strong Arm, Mobility, and above average leader. His weaknesses greatly outweigh his strengths.

Ok :w00t:

I think I would know a little something since I have 2 cousins who are scouts. And neither of them think highly of Snead. And plus I'm studying sports management in school right now (Sports Management major) and my goal is to be a head scout.

The funny thing is that you haven't even put forth a strong enough argument as to why Snead will become a 1st round pick. You say "At the combine the controlled conditions will benefit him and his draft status will rise" -- Not true, the controlled conditions at the combine aren't going to drastically change his poor accuracy, it wont help his throwing mechanics, and it wont help his poise. All those 3 things right there are round 1 must haves for a QB. No QB that is poor in all 3 of those skill sets will be a 1st round QB. No way a team will take a 1st round flyer on a guy that his only positives are: a Strong Arm, Mobility, and above average leader. His weaknesses greatly outweigh his strengths.

Like I said i do not like him but I could see some of the scouts get enamored with his arm strength. I am no scout, but I watch about as much college football as humanely possible, & I know alot of draftniks going into this season had Snead as the #1 draft prospect among qbs. He had a bad season, it happens, but he has all the tangible assets that teams like when your talking about qb prospects. He is big, he is fairly mobile & he has a good arm. I do not know what else to tell you. I think he is going in the 1st round.

& BTW, never say never, if guys like Losman & Boller could get drafted in the first round anybody could. Losman had terrible mechanics too, was inaccurate & had horrible footwork coming out of tulane, plus word was he had an attitude problem, did not stop us from taking him in the first round. Why, because the guy could throw it 70 yards.

Like I said i do not like him but I could see some of the scouts get enamored with his arm strength. I am no scout, but I watch about as much college football as humanely possible, & I know alot of draftniks going into this season had Snead as the #1 draft prospect among qbs. He had a bad season, it happens, but he has all the tangible assets that teams like when your talking about qb prospects. He is big, he is fairly mobile & he has a good arm. I do not know what else to tell you. I think he is going in the 1st round.

No"draft guru" that I seen had Snead put as the #1 QB prospect coming into the season. Alot of them had him ranked in the top 5. But most Had McCoy, Bradford and Locker and even Tebow ranked above Snead. I'm on draft websites alot. Ive never seen Snead in the #1 spot

& BTW, never say never, if guys like Losman & Boller could get drafted in the first round anybody could. Losman had terrible mechanics too, was inaccurate & had horrible footwork coming out of tulane, plus word was he had an attitude problem, did not stop us from taking him in the first round. Why, because the guy could throw it 70 yards.

Actually Losman coming out of college was highly ranked because: He had good mobility, good arm strength, good footwork and average to above average throwing mechanics. The only questions Losman had was his leadership and his accuracy. Losman failed in Buffalo because of a bad system he didn't fit and because of bad coaching

Actually Losman coming out of college was highly ranked because: He had good mobility, good arm strength, good footwork and average to above average throwing mechanics. The only questions Losman had was his leadership and his accuracy. Losman failed in Buffalo because of a bad system he didn't fit and because of bad coaching

Okay, now you lost all credibility with me. Good footwork, are you kidding me. He had horrible mechanics & BTW, still does. All you needed to do was watch the bills the last 5 years to see this. Alot of his accuracy problems were from the fact that he never had proper footwork/mechanics. & he did not fail because Buffalo had a bad system & bad coaching, he failed because he is a ****ty quarterback.

To add on.. All these QB's are better than Snead:

Jimmy Clausen (Notre Dame)

Sam Bradford (Oklahoma)

Colt McCoy (Texas)

Tim Tebow (Florida)

Tony Pike (Cincinnati)

Dan LeFevour (Central Michigan)

Levi Brown (Troy)

Jarrett Brown (West Virginia)

Daryl Clark (Penn State)

I definitely rate all those QB's higher than Snead

I agree Sneed is no higher than 7th on your list. I have Lefevour!!!!

No"draft guru" that I seen had Snead put as the #1 QB prospect coming into the season. Alot of them had him ranked in the top 5. But most Had McCoy, Bradford and Locker and even Tebow ranked above Snead. I'm on draft websites alot. Ive never seen Snead in the #1 spot

I remember ESPN & it was either Mcshay or Kiper; I think it was Kiper that said Bradford is the #1 qb but by the end of the season that he expected Snead to be the top qb coming out in the draft. You could believe me or not, but I remember him saying this.

Okay, now you lost all credibility with me. Good footwork, are you kidding me. He had horrible mechanics & BTW, still does. All you needed to do was watch the bills the last 5 years to see this. Alot of his accuracy problems were from the fact that he never had proper footwork/mechanics. & he did not fail because Buffalo had a bad system & bad coaching, he failed because he is a ****ty quarterback.

Lol, he was good in college.. it didnt translate into the NFL because of the system and because of the coaches. No one can deny Losman was good in college. He was on a bad team and he still put up decent to above average numbers with a lack of talented receivers around him. I don't care if I lost credibility with you, especially since ive proved you wrong and out argued you by miles. What does that say about your credibility?

EDIT: Not to mention all but 2 people (You being 1) have agreed with my opinion of Snead in this thread

Lol, he was good in college.. it didnt translate into the NFL because of the system and because of the coaches

Like I said, I will bring this post back up around draft time, if I am wrong I will admit I am wrong & if your ever in Buffalo & decide to come to a Bills game you & your friends could have a free tailgate on me, but if your wrong I fully expect you to change your major to "the Fine Art of Basket Weaving".

Like I said, I will bring this post back up around draft time, if I am wrong I will admit I am wrong & if your ever in Buffalo & decide to come to a Bills game you & your friends could have a free tailgate on me, but if your wrong I fully expect you to change your major to "the Fine Art of Basket Weaving".

So your saying Snead will go in the 1st round? Correct?

And if your wrong, I get to crash your tailgating party :w00t:

So your saying Snead will go in the 1st round? Correct?

And if your wrong, I get to crash your tailgating party :w00t:

Yep, just let me know how many guys your bringing & what kind of beer you like to drink. We are in lot 5.

lol, I could always bring my own beer. I'm old enough to buy it

I will buy the beer, just keep in mind that if Snead does go in the first round I fully expect you to change your major to Basket Weaving & I expect you to mail me a copy of your first semester report card to prove it. :w00t: