Jevan Snead going pro

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure you have :D And o yes I totally wifed haha

And watch Dan LeFevour climb up the draft boards at the combine. He is a leader, good poise, good throwing mechanics, good arm strength, good accuracy. If you have watched him more than once or twice you would see the talent. Right now alot people have a late 2nd round or early 3rd round grade on LeFevour only because of the spread offense he plays in. He will see alot more action on Sundays than Javon Snead who has terrible poise, bad accuracy over 20 yards, and terrible throwing mechanics.

Lefevour is a nice player, just don't think he'll be much more than a back-up type. There is always a guy or two who put up huge numbers and fans fall in love watching them throw in a speard O. They never pan out.

Not to mention, Snead played terrible against Memphis and Vanderbilt and Mississippi State... 3 poor defenses. And he utterly sucked against top competition

Snead has who else on that O that is any good but McCluster and Hodge? No one. Lossing Oher also hurt big time.

Snead has who else on that O that is any good but McCluster and Hodge? No one. Lossing Oher also hurt big time.

Well a good QB would get past that. He had 3 above average weapons in McCluster, Hodge and Bolden. He sucked at utilizing them. And he had an average talent in Summers. Thats 4 weapons that are at least average. He sucked because of his lack of talent. He was a 1 year wonder and in his Sophomore season his stats and his performance wasn't that great. . His throwing mechanics are terrible, his accuracy over 20 yards is terrible.

Well a good QB would get past that. He had 3 above average weapons in McCluster, Hodge and Bolden. He sucked at utilizing them. And he had an average talent in Summers. Thats 4 weapons that are at least average. He sucked because of his lack of talent. He was a 1 year wonder and in his Sophomore season his stats and his performance wasn't that great. . His throwing mechanics are terrible, his accuracy over 20 yards is terrible.

He has big arm, mobility, play in a pro style O, decent mechanics/footwork. His decision making is were he isn't very good. Some times accuracy is awesome other is is ****ty. You can fix mechanics/footwork with coaching. I still like him, not to come in and start next year but a year or 2 on the bench. R4 or lower would be a nice pick.

He has big arm, mobility, play in a pro style O, decent mechanics/footwork. His decision making is were he isn't very good. Some times accuracy is awesome other is is ****ty. You can fix mechanics/footwork with coaching. I still like him, not to come in and start next year but a year or 2 on the bench. R4 or lower would be a nice pick.

His accuracy is awesome? What games have you watched? His career completion % is less than 56%. His mechanics and footwork are far from decent, they are below average (All scouts knock his grade down because of this, mechanics are hard to teach). His arm strength is above average but his accuracy is so bad he hits the long ball rarely. His mobility is above average but a QB's main duty is to throw the ball not run it.

not going to keep arguing to ppl who think Leflevour can become a NFL QB. I like Snead as a mid R pick who chould become a starter in 2 or so years.

yes some the games I saw his accuracy was awesome, like I said other times it sucked but I guess you didn't read that part.

not going to keep arguing to ppl who think Leflevour can become a NFL QB. I like Snead as a mid R pick who chould become a starter in 2 or so years.

yes some the games I saw his accuracy was awesome, like I said other times it sucked but I guess you didn't read that part.

Well im not the only one that thinks LeFevour will become a good QB... He will see more play time than Snead will ever see on Sundays. Alot of people have LeFevour going in the late 2nd round at this point.

Here in SEC country, I've seen him alot and wouldn't be surprized to see him be the 1st QB taken.

If nothing else, McClain becomes a real possibility for us now.

The second part I get, but I'd rather have the most surfin', pot-smokin', blond hair hanging in his eyes, In-N-Out burger lovin' California boy than Snead.

Here in SEC country, I've seen him alot and wouldn't be surprized to see him be the 1st QB taken.

If nothing else, McClain becomes a real possibility for us now.

I agree, you watch when the combines come, scouts are going to be wowed by the fact that this guy could make every throw on the football field. He has the tangibles that the scouts love & will drive his stock up. I am not crazy about him, because I would of liked to see him produce a little more on the field. I am sick of the allstar gym rat QBS (Rob Johnson/JP Losman) guys that look great in shorts & tee shirts but when the pads come on & the bullets are flying for real crap their pants because they do not know what to do with the ball half the time. I put snead in this category.

I agree, you watch when the combines come, scouts are going to be wowed by the fact that this guy could make every throw on the football field. He has the tangibles that the scouts love & will drive his stock up. I am not crazy about him, because I would of liked to see him produce a little more on the field. I am sick of the allstar gym rat QBS (Rob Johnson/JP Losman) guys that look great in shorts & tee shirts but when the pads come on & the bullets are flying for real crap their pants because they do not know what to do with the ball half the time.

What games do you people watch?

Snead cant make every throw... his accuracy and throwing mechanics are TERRIBLE

He has had 4-5 games his whole college career where he had a "good/great" game. And all his good game came against poor competition. He has struggled greatly against top level talent.

I agree, you watch when the combines come, scouts are going to be wowed by the fact that this guy could make every throw on the football field. He has the tangibles that the scouts love & will drive his stock up. I am not crazy about him, because I would of liked to see him produce a little more on the field. I am sick of the allstar gym rat QBS (Rob Johnson/JP Losman) guys that look great in shorts & tee shirts but when the pads come on & the bullets are flying for real crap their pants because they do not know what to do with the ball half the time. I put snead in this category.

Snead is horrible. He, along with his team, were overhyped in the preseason (ranked #15) and lost to sub-par SEC teams like South Carolina and Auburn. 5 of their 9 wins came against extremely low ranked teams.

Snead is a product of a dangerous and amazing runningback in McCluster and a barnyard full of good receivers.

And don't give me this offensive line crap, he was sacked less this year than last year, but threw 20 ints. He threw 2 ints against Memphis, 3 against Vanderbilt, 2 against Arkansas, 2 against Auburn, 3 against Mississippi State, and a whooping 4 against Alabama. Not to mention his awesome 0 TD 3 Int clutch performance in the Cotton Bowl last week.

There's no way this guy is worth a 1st round pick. If anything he should go back to school next year and try to recover from this awful season. AT BEST, he's a 3rd rounder.

He has had 4-5 games his whole college career where he had a "good/great" game. And all his good game came against poor competition. He has struggled greatly against top level talent.

i am not saying I like him, all I am saying is that when he gets to the combine & is able to throw in controlled conditions, the scouts are going to be impressed because this guy has a live arm & his stock will go up. My guess is some team will take him in the first round. I just hope it is not the Bills.

Snead is horrible. He, along with his team, were overhyped in the preseason (ranked #15) and lost to sub-par SEC teams like South Carolina and Auburn. 5 of their 9 wins came against extremely low ranked teams. Yes they beat Florida, but Florida was overrated this year as well, Mississippi State almost beat Florida.

Snead is a product of a dangerous and amazing runningback in McCluster and a barnyard full of good receivers.

And don't give me this offensive line crap, he was sacked less this year than last year, but threw 20 ints. He threw 2 ints against Memphis, 3 against Vanderbilt, 2 against Arkansas, 2 against Auburn, 3 against Mississippi State, and a whooping 4 against Alabama. Not to mention his awesome 0 TD 3 Int clutch performance in the Cotton Bowl last week.

There's no way this guy is worth a 1st round pick. If anything he should go back to school next year and try to recover from this awful season. AT BEST, he's a 3rd rounder.

Right on... Not to mention his skills are terrible. Terrible accuracy, terrible throwing mechanics and footwork (which is hard to coach). His arm strength is great BUT he can connect on the long ball because he throws it over the receivers head or 5-10 years away from the receiver. And his poise is god awful. The second a defender breaks into the backfield he starts running around like a chicken with his head cut off instead of taking an extra second to throw to a check down receiver. The guy had 4 good receivers in McCluster, Bolden, Summers and Shay Hodge. Yet just look at his production. He had an average O-line protecting him as well.

The team that takes Snead in the top 3 rounds will waste their pick on this guy. The 2 guys that say Snead will be the first QB taken and a top 10-15 pick, have no clue about football talent.

In the last 2 seasons, Ole' Miss (he) beat LSU 2X, OKL St, ARK, Texas Tech and Florida. Also a 4pt. loss vs. Alabama.

Calm down. He may very well be a solid NFL QB, maybe he won't.

i am not saying I like him, all I am saying is that when he gets to the combine & is able to throw in controlled conditions, the scouts are going to be impressed because this guy has a live arm & his stock will go up. My guess is some team will take him in the first round. I just hope it is not the Bills.

No team will take him in the first round. His stock at the combine wont go up because they will see the guy one on one working with other receivers.... The first thing scouts will notice is his terrible accuracy and his terrible throwing mechanics. And then if they give him drills with presser baring in on him they will notice his lack of poise.

Right now his a 3rd rounder at best, watch his draft stock to a 5th round grade.