Green Day sellout is complete

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Moulding is not better than Bootsy or James Jamerson for that matter, he justs happens to tickle a very happy place in my brain. And he would in yours too if you were familiar with more than say...oh, two songs...sound about right? Look, just pick up a few records and listen for yourself. It will make a believer out of you.

Pack some credibility under your belt, understand their catalogue before you spout off.

Says the guy who claimed that Moulding is the most creative bass player on the PLANET.

Or did I also read that through a tiny ass computer monitor?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let see first it was youtube's fault now tiny speakers. What other excuses do you have for the terrible lack of quality musicianship?

Chef, those guys would play you under the table and make a believer out of you in about 9.6 seconds! I don't need to know who you are to know that if you met them in person and went to hang out at their homes with them you would be so "overcome" that you would not know what to do with yourself.

Yeah, that must be it.

Nice to avoid answering how your guy was more creative than Bootsy, or the rock steady pioneers.

And yes, WTC was a middling new wave band, because you can't even fathom a definition of new wave that's not stereotypical synth band. Besides, Kraftwerk & Depeche Mode were infinitely more influential than XTC ever dreamed of being.

Holy god yes! I've got radioactivity on the turntable right now.

When people find out I'm a record collector they always ask what is the best (or more expensive) album I have. Just like how when they find out I study film they ask what the best movie is. But, I think like most people I don't really have a favorite band/album. Yet I always tell people it's radioactivity. Not just a really cool forward thinking album, but it creates a fully immersive logic and unique space. Its the only "concept" record I've heard that works like a film or radio drama or something. Just a really amazing/remarkable record.

Says the guy who claimed that Moulding is the most creative bass player on the PLANET.

Or did I also read that through a tiny ass computer monitor?

I still contend that he is the most creative, but my loophole is that it is an unproveable point! <_<

Either break down and give them a chance or lets argue about a different band, this is getting boring. I can't argue a point with you when you are unfamiliar with the product.

I still contend that he is the most creative, but my loophole is that it is an unproveable point! <_<

Either break down and give them a chance or lets argue about a different band, this is getting boring. I can't argue a point with you when you are unfamiliar with the product.

I would contend the most creative was/is Mike Watt. His work with Minutemen was so revolutionary guitar ended up mixed behind the bass. Off the top of my head I can not think of a single bass driven band...actually check that, bass driven rock and roll band, that predates Minutemen.

Although it's cliche to say, Entwhistle was mind blowing as well. How The Who can claim to exist without he and Moon boggles my mind.

Kind of hard to make that judgement call when you are listening on tiny ass computer speakers! Of course, one song should encompass every facet of a players ability, duh? <_<

Blackbird and Eine Kleine Nacthmusic sound !@#$ing amazing on an AM transistor radio low on batteries 600 miles from the nearest tower.

Your boys can't be cured by better audio equipment.

Holy god yes! I've got radioactivity on the turntable right now.

When people find out I'm a record collector they always ask what is the best (or more expensive) album I have. Just like how when they find out I study film they ask what the best movie is. But, I think like most people I don't really have a favorite band/album. Yet I always tell people it's radioactivity. Not just a really cool forward thinking album, but it creates a fully immersive logic and unique space. Its the only "concept" record I've heard that works like a film or radio drama or something. Just a really amazing/remarkable record.

Do you think the bolded means something?

Do you think the bolded means something?

actually it does mean something. Radioactivity is a concept record about picking up radio transmissions after the bombs drop. The album isn't necessarily musical; there is nothing on that album that could function as a single. but the album has a framing device of static and the sounds of a geiger counter. It's fully immersive in that it establishes the world the record takes place in before getting into the music. the music is also interrupted by static and far away voices. There is a different logic to the album since its purpose is to establish a mood, not necessarily to entertain. very cool strange and paranoid album.

And I'm not going to get sucked into another one of these bitchouts. Dig the album or no, I could care less. I'm not in Kraftwerk--means nothing to me. You want to be obnoxious and start a fight? I'm not going to play that game with you.

I would contend the most creative was/is Mike Watt. His work with Minutemen was so revolutionary guitar ended up mixed behind the bass. Off the top of my head I can not think of a single bass driven band...actually check that, bass driven rock and roll band, that predates Minutemen.

Although it's cliche to say, Entwhistle was mind blowing as well. How The Who can claim to exist without he and Moon boggles my mind.

You know your history, I bow to you sir. <_<

Blackbird and Eine Kleine Nacthmusic sound !@#$ing amazing on an AM transistor radio low on batteries 600 miles from the nearest tower.

Your boys can't be cured by better audio equipment.

Really, you think XTC are "devoid" of talent? Some of you are just amazing. <_<

Chef, those guys would play you under the table and make a believer out of you in about 9.6 seconds! I don't need to know who you are to know that if you met them in person and went to hang out at their homes with them you would be so "overcome" that you would not know what to do with yourself.

That's just gay.

Yeah, that must be it.

Nice to avoid answering how your guy was more creative than Bootsy, or the rock steady pioneers.

And yes, WTC was a middling new wave band, because you can't even fathom a definition of new wave that's not stereotypical synth band. Besides, Kraftwerk & Depeche Mode were infinitely more influential than XTC ever dreamed of being.

I'll take "Bands whose members all look like Gary Numan for $400" Alex.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Moulding is not better than Bootsy or James Jamerson for that matter, he justs happens to tickle a very happy place in my brain. And he would in yours too if you were familiar with more than say...oh, two songs...sound about right? Look, just pick up a few records and listen for yourself. It will make a believer out of you.

Pack some credibility under your belt, understand their catalogue before you spout off.

Ok maybe this will make sense to you. There are certain types of music that people just don't like. Yo Yo Ma is probably one of the best cellists in the world but his music probably makes certain people's ear's bleed. Do you like hard core gangsta rap? If not, why not? If you don't like the genre there is nothing that is going to bring you around especially listening to more of it, that would probably have the opposite effect.

Ok maybe this will make sense to you. There are certain types of music that people just don't like. Yo Yo Ma is probably one of the best cellists in the world but his music probably makes certain people's ear's bleed. Do you like hard core gangsta rap? If not, why not? If you don't like the genre there is nothing that is going to bring you around especially listening to more of it, that would probably actually have the opposite effect.

That's a good analogy, except in this case unless your a simple single cell organism or close to it, you likely will not like this music.

Ok maybe this will make sense to you. There are certain types of music that people just don't like. Yo Yo Ma is probably one of the best cellists in the world but his music probably makes certain people's ear's bleed. Do you like hard core gangsta rap? If not, why not? If you don't like the genre there is nothing that is going to bring you around especially listening to more of it, that would probably actually have the opposite effect.

What if the whole genre looks like Gary Numan? Does that help or hurt?

See, you have one buddy. Doesn't that make you happy?

I don't need a buddy to outwit you, ya clod.

Chef and yourself miss two very important ingredients in this debate:

1. XTC and in particular Colin Moulding are well respected as "musicians" in a community of musicians.

2. They are not "of a genre", that is the other point that the two of you continue to whiff on.

Had you brought a different argument to the table other than "they can't play their instruments" or "they are a middling new wave band", I might have respected it more. As it stands the two of you continue to talk out of your asses about a band that you know precious little about. It is much more amusing than it is infuriating. Keep it coming, we can burn through page after page for as long as you would like... <_<

I don't need a buddy to outwit you, ya clod.

Chef and yourself miss two very important ingredients in this debate:

1. XTC and in particular Colin Moulding are well respected as "musicians" in a community of musicians.

2. They are not "of a genre", that is the other point that the two of you continue to whiff on.

Had you brought a different argument to the table other than "they can't play their instruments" or "they are a middling new wave band", I might have respected it more. As it stands the two of you continue to talk out of your asses about a band that you know precious little about. It is much more amusing than it is infuriating. Keep it coming, we can burn through page after page for as long as you would like... <_<

Obama's a respected politician. I don't like him either. What's your point? Music is subjective you moron...do you get it. Do you like hard core gangsta rap?

Obama's a respected politician. I don't like him either. What's your point? Music is subjective you moron...do you get it. Do you like hard core gangsta rap?

Hey MORON do you get that not every band can be clumped into a genre? Did you get that MORON? Do you like being clumped in with your neighbors when they commit a crime? Would you like it if I lived on your street and clumped you in with the racists down the street?

Subjectivity is fine, but do not tell me that you do not like something based on the fact that you THINK it tastes and smells like something else.

Again...one more time...because you are slow...XTC has more in common with the music of the sixties than it does with the eighties.

Who are these other bands from the eighties than XTC sound like? They are a THROWBACK....MORON!

Hey MORON do you get that not every band can be clumped into a genre? Did you get that MORON? Do you like being clumped in with your neighbors when they commit a crime? Would you like it if I lived on your street and clumped you in with the racists down the street?

Subjectivity is fine, but do not tell me that you do not like something based on the fact that you THINK it tastes and smells like something else.

Again...one more time...because you are slow...XTC has more in common with the music of the sixties than it does with the eighties.

Who are these other bands from the eighties than XTC sound like? They are a THROWBACK....MORON!

Dude get a !@#$ing grip. Call the type of music XTC plays wham-bam-schnickerdoodle-bang I don't give a !@#$. I listened to it I don't like it. I am not dismissing them because of the genre I'm dismissing them because I DON"T LIKE THEM. <_<

And if this makes me a music moron I'd be happy to wear the !@#$ing t-shirt!