Why I Want Billick More Than Cowher

This is just my opinion and I expect to be flamed for this but here I go....

Look at what both men have been doing with their time away from football. Yes, both are NFL analyst's but Billick is always on NFL Network breaking down film and discussing playbooks and analyzing drafts.

Cowher just commentates on current games and gives his two cents once a week on Sundays.

To me, Billick has more drive right now than Cowher.

Ok I am done.

Flame away

Look at what both men have been doing with their time away from football. Yes, both are NFL analyst's but Billick is always on NFL Network breaking down film and discussing playbooks and analyzing drafts.

Cowher just commentates on current games and gives his two cents once a week on Sundays.

Ok I am done.

Flame away

I disagree with you for a bunch of reasons more football related....

But sticking to your network analyst argument I would agree in that Cowher is surrounded by a bunch of complete morons at CBS, namely Sharpe and Marino. So if the idiocy of Marino and the complete lack of being able to speak the english language of Sharpe are somehow contagious, then you are 100% correct sir.

<_<

Ok I am done.

Flame away

That's a huge leap you are making. Just because one guy parlayed his football success into an "easier" TV gig than the other guy, doesn't mean he has less fire in the belly now.

I actually agree with you on this. I think Cowher retired because he was "finished" with football. He achieved what he wanted to achieve, and exited stage left on his terms.

I do not think Billick feels that he has accomplished everything though. While he has an SB ring, it was won by the defense, and being an "Offense Guy", I think he takes some offense to the fact that no-one gives him his due for the SB win.

I, too, feel Billick is hungrier.

I actually agree with you on this. I think Cowher retired because he was "finished" with football. He achieved what he wanted to achieve, and exited stage left on his terms.

I do not think Billick feels that he has accomplished everything though. While he has an SB ring, it was won by the defense, and being an "Offense Guy", I think he takes some offense to the fact that no-one gives him his due for the SB win.

I, too, feel Billick is hungrier.

Thank you. I just get the impression from Cowher that he expects everything to be handed to him. I know it will be and he has earned it but you should never take anything for granted in the NFL.

Ok I am done.

Flame away

I think its clear that Billick is more interested in Buffalo than Cowher is. That's one reason I want him here. Whether Buffalo is interested remains to be seen, since Buffalo hasn't spoken with him yet (that we know of).

I'd prefer an offensive mind over another defensive head coach, even tho Billick didn't have a great track record in Baltimore with the QB's they drafted, he knows more about an offense then Cowher ever will.

The Bills have been in the toilet the last 10 years because of their poor offense!!!! 25th or worst in the NFL says it all.

If I had a choice for hiring a new HC and looking around the league to rebuild the offense, I'd hire Cam Cameron and let him call plays and train someone to be OC, perhaps even AVP as QB coach.The entire offensive playbook needs an overhaul. The last 10 years the Bills QB's have come into Buffalo strong and every last one fell on their face, they all have regressed because of poor coaching.

The QB situation in Buffalo needs to be addressed first thing and look at what Cam Cameron did for Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers in San Diego and now Joe Flacco in Baltimore, those three are what they are because they were trained from the start properly.

Read the guys bio before you say no...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Coac...am_Cameron.aspx

Ok I am done.

Flame away

Personally Cowher is my choice always has been. However if comments are true form Ralph and his willingness to pay a HEAD COACH 50 mil over 5 years I would rather have Billick at 5 mil or less and 5 mil to be spread form the OC/Dc and Special teams guy so that we can get 4 qualified guys for the price of one. The thought that crosses my mind is this Shanahan took Washington in my belief only (nothing to substaniate what I am about to say )because he would be able to bring in whatever guys he wants and snyder would pay for them. I dont think Ralph and Co are willing to open the wallet on the assitants. So my theory is take the next best guy you could afford and pay good Cordinators money so we could have an overall good team.

But but.....WGR said that the Bills aren't interested in Billick and aren't gonna talk to him!!!! <_<

Not sure anyone other than Billick has said anything about him coming to Buffalo. Just like Martz. Wishful thinking on their part?

Ok I am done.

Flame away

Also, I saw both of them in line at a packed McDonald's once. Billick ordered, paid, and then wisely used the time before his food came to squirt ketchup and grab plastic utensils and napkins. Afterwards, Cowher also ordered and paid but then dawdled around until his food came.

To me, Billick is just more detail-oriented and prepared than Cowher.

Billick in 2007 was a train wreck. Dick Jauron beat him. He was worse at coaching that day than DJ. That is more than enough ammo for me not to hire him.

My wish list has Cowher #1, Marty Schottenheimer #2. Anyone other than those 2 guys would be a complete disappointment.

Relieved to know that you have been following Cowher and have a handle on what he's doing. WTF?

Billick is a commetator on NFL TV

Cowher is a commetator on CBS TV

Dude... they both break down film during the week. That's what they bring to the table. Both networks just don't rely on either to make just off the cuff remarks about football. The only difference is, CBS carries a 1 hour pregame show on Sunday. NFL TV is on 24 7 re hashing the same old BS. So Cowher gets his splash in the one hour time frame and Billick rambles all week.

Billick was propped up by an excellent GM... Ozzie Newsome. The defense that Ozzie put together (not Billick) was probably in the top two ever. Billick rode that wave. Billick's offenses sucked. He never could figure out either a QB or offense other than Jamal Lewis while having one of the best LTs in the game.

Cowher was good regardless of Donahoe and Modrak.

Billick got canned. Cowher walked away.

Billick's been out there for two years, itching for a HC job. No one has come knocking. Cowher's been out there for 3 years and has had constant cajoling to come back as a HC.

Hands down... Cowher's the better deal by far... Billick ain't on his level.

I can't believe I am going to say this.. but I wouldn't mind seeing Marty in Buffalo. I live in San Diego and was against the Chargers hiring him back in the day.. but man did he put together a good team out here and didn't think he deserved to get fired. He may not have won any Superbowls.. but his teams always got to the playoffs. Billick is such a douche and is really irritating and arrogant, but I would be ok with him too lol. Cowher would be fantastic but don't see him coming to buffalo. I also like Jim Harbaugh. Always liked that guys attitude as a player.