Per Mort & Schefter Cowher back to CBS

drewfla

Shanny was also intereseted to meet the bills. So what?

My point is that we should probably only gauge Cowher's interest in coaching the Bills (or lack of interest) based on what the man himself has said or done. And the only evidence we have in that regard is that he met with the Bills last week.

Now that alone does not prove he is willing to take the job. But it certainly doesn't indicate that he is definitely opposed to taking the job.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is that we should probably only gauge Cowher's interest in coaching the Bills (or lack of interest) based on what the man himself has said or done. And the only evidence we have in that regard is that he met with the Bills last week.

Now that alone does not prove he is willing to take the job. But it certainly doesn't indicate that he is definitely opposed to taking the job.

Exactly. We basically have nothing official, which we already know. We are just listening to rumors right now. But saying a rumor isn't true because he met with a team means nothing. The rumor could still be true.

It's called leverage.

Man, what a defeatist attitude. I know it's tough to be optimistic as a Bills fan, but come on. So far Cowher's only action has been to meet with the Bills. Obviously this doesnt prove he will be our next coach, but how exactly does it prove the opposite?

Exactly. We basically have nothing official, which we already know. We are just listening to rumors right now. But saying a rumor isn't true because he met with a team means nothing. The rumor could still be true.

Agreed. My main beef was with Coach Tuesday's claim that it is clear Cowher is not coming to Buffalo. To me, that is not clear at all.

Obviously this doesnt prove he will be our next coach, but how exactly does it prove the opposite?

It doesn't. What is making people think that he isn't interested is because it is being reported in unconfirmed reports that he isn't interested. That is where people are thinking it isn't going to happen. Right now, it can go either way. But right now, all the the optimists are yelling "They say cowher is coming to buffalo! it must be true!" and "they say cowher doesn't want to come here! They must be lies!" and the pessimists are the opposite. If a rumor goes along with what they believe, the rumor is gold, if it goes against what they want, the rumor is trash. Let's face it, none of these rumors mean much. They are just rumors for fun.

i dont believe it, did shefter say his sources or was he just speculating?

So Child, after spamming another thread 10 times with the same line "Cowher to Bills on tues.....", it appears your certainty that Cowher would be announced as the Bills coach on Tuesday, is not so certain

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1691192

And oh, show me 5 instances in the past where Schefter (not, shefter) cite his sources. Child.

It doesn't. What is making people think that he isn't interested is because it is being reported in unconfirmed reports that he isn't interested. That is where people are thinking it isn't going to happen. Right now, it can go either way. But right now, all the the optimists are yelling "They say cowher is coming to buffalo! it must be true!" and "they say cowher doesn't want to come here! They must be lies!" and the pessimists are the opposite. If a rumor goes along with what they believe, the rumor is gold, if it goes against what they want, the rumor is trash. Let's face it, none of these rumors mean much. They are just rumors for fun.

I agree, and I admit I'm probably seeing the rumors through my Bills-colored glasses. But I also think some people have a defense mechanism in place to prevent themselves from being let down. For those people, they will cling to any "Cowher isnt coming" reports as a way to prevent them from getting their hopes up.

And in a battle of rumors, the optimists have the edge because the only solid fact we have is that Cowher met with the Bills.

shef and mort have changed their minds about 3 times this morning, i dont believe them..... sorry i just dont....

If Mort and Schefter had reported that they heard from a taxi driver with inside knowledge of Bill Cowher's hopes and desires that Cowher will be the next coach in Buffalo, you'd have a different opinion on their credibility. We'd be hearing something more like "these guys know there stuff...see i told u guys....cowher on tues!!!!@#"

If Mort and Schefter had reported that they heard from a taxi driver with inside knowledge of Bill Cowher's hopes and desires that Cowher will be the next coach in Buffalo, you'd have a different opinion on their credibility. We'd be hearing something more like "these guys know there stuff...see i told u guys....cowher on tues!!!!@#"

It's difficult to be reasonable with DELLAPELLE JOHN when he continually screams "cowher to bills on tues" over and over and over again

It's his fantasy, and any reports on ESPN or any other source won't sway him from his party line and certainty that Cowher will be announced as the Bills head coach on Tuesday

These sports reporters have no idea. They didn't know he was talking to the Bills just like they don't know what he's doing. They hear things third, fourth, fifth hand and speculate. They probably get as much information off message boards/other sites as from "actual sources".

im shocked, why would he put a staff together after the bills meetings, and then decide not to coach.... all reports were that he was going to coach this year..... idk i still think we have a shot, shefter and mort have been wrong on cowher for about 5 times....

I thought you guaranteed he'd be signing here on Tuesday? As if your credibility wan't already shot. Go enjoy some more crow.

So Child, after spamming another thread 10 times wtih the same line "Cowher to Bills on tues.....", it appears your certainty that Cowher would be announced as the Bills coach on Tuesday, is not so certain

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1691192

And oh, show me 5 instances in the past where Schefter (not, shefter) cite his sources. Child.

Your use of the word "child" in your posts the last few days is almost as tiresome and unsettling as DELLAPELLEJOHN'S bulls*it inside information.