Are the Bengals trying to lose??????

Boatdrinks

this game? They have dropped nearly every pass, and let's face it the Jets just aren't that good. Are the Bengals just trying to ensure themselves a weak opponent (Jets) next week that they have some fresh film on? The Bengals sure aren't showing much on O or D side of ball. Any thoughts?

this game? They have dropped nearly every pass, and let's face it the Jets just aren't that good. Are the Bengals just trying to ensure themselves a weak opponent (Jets) next week that they have some fresh film on? The Bengals sure aren't showing much on O or D side of ball. Any thoughts?

The bengals have been exposed badly today. They really do not have viable alternatives behind C. Palmer and C. Benson.

I do not see the same team that beat up the Steelers and Baltimore in the 1st half of the season.

I think it's strategery. The Jets have to win, the Bengals not only don't, but get to play the same team two weeks in a row by losing. So the Bengals can treat this as a scrimmage, to see what the Jets will bring, while installing a vanilla game plan and hiding their own intentions. Conversely, the Jets can't - they HAVE to play a solid game-plan, or they're out of the playoffs. So the Bengals, in losing, are guaranteeing they play the Jets next week AND forcing the Jets to tip their hand while giving little away themselves, putting them in a much stronger position to win the wildcard game.

Either that, or it's just hard to win in the NFL.

The bengals have been exposed badly today. They really do not have viable alternatives behind C. Palmer and C. Benson.

I do not see the same team that beat up the Steelers and Baltimore in the 1st half of the season.

Uhhh how many teams have viable alternatives to their Pro Bowl QB????

Unless I'm mistaken (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am), but the Bengals play the Jets if they lose or they play the Texans if they win. Given the 2 choices... I'd lose.

Good point. Sanchez or Schaub? Pretty good decision by Marvin Lewis.

I think it's strategery. The Jets have to win, the Bengals not only don't, but get to play the same team two weeks in a row by losing. So the Bengals can treat this as a scrimmage, to see what the Jets will bring, while installing a vanilla game plan and hiding their own intentions. Conversely, the Jets can't - they HAVE to play a solid game-plan, or they're out of the playoffs. So the Bengals, in losing, are guaranteeing they play the Jets next week AND forcing the Jets to tip their hand while giving little away themselves, putting them in a much stronger position to win the wildcard game.

Either that, or it's just hard to win in the NFL.

BAHHHHHAHAHAHA :thumbsup: