Carucci: Bills / Cowher meeting was not substantive

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carucci sniffed around the Ralph today at the game and followed-up on the media reports about Bills, Cowher, etc.

Carucci reported on 97 Rock that:

-Fewell gets interview on Monday

-Meeting with Cowher was "hey how ya doing" conversation. Not a meeting of huge substance. At least nothing on par with the 7 hour conversation with Shanahan.

-Cowher up to this point still hasn't viewed Buffalo as the perfect, right situation.

-Cowher is still quietly keeping his eyes on the Carolina situation. And would be happy to return to CBS

-No Weiss. No Marty Schot-ball.

-Billick will NOT get an interview in Buffalo

-Carucci is unsure about Fassell, Haslett but senses they are not high on list. Bills don't seem to be pressing for them.

-Grimm, Harbaugh, Rivera could be in mix, but nothing definitive

If it was just a "Hi ya doing" meeting, then why even meet at all? I like Vic, but I don't buy the "Hi ya doing" stuff.

Vic "Bills should keep Dick Jauron for continuity" Carucci is an overrated blowhard who's best days are way behind him. I used to respect his opinion and reporting but not since the Dick Jauron era. Every year on Sirius NFL Radio he'd always gave excuses for Dick Jauron's piss poor coaching and put the blame on the players. Always with the "Bills need continuity" montra. I would laugh at his analysis.

Vic Carucci has no freaking clue what is going on. The news was out about Cowher and whoever he talked to during the game had to say something, so whoever it was downplayed it to placate him and protect the organization.

Vic doesn't ever seem to have the greatest info and I have never listened to what he said too much. Lets wait til tomorrow and Tuesday and we will see what's really going on around OBD.

Totally disagree, Vic has excellent insight, especially with what goes on with Buffalo.

I am afraid that what is really going at OBD will be more of the same ... a hasty decision that lacks due dilligence.

Hope I'm wrong.

Totally disagree, Vic has excellent insight, especially with what goes on with Buffalo.

I am afraid that what is really going at OBD will be more of the same ... a hasty decision that lacks due dilligence.

Hope I'm wrong.

I'd love Cowher as the coach of the Bills. (some other TBD users may too while others may have their own preferences for coach)

Will he have another agreement with Bills brass (Brandon, Nix, Littmann et. al. ?) ? Who knows

If it happens and he signs, I'll be pumped as hell

It's great to have a bit of something in our hands, which is what Carucci did today after Mortensen's "report" this morning. But obviously, it's just that -- "something".

This week will hopefully bring news that's more definitive. A coach we can all rally around and make this decade, the Bills decade

If you are going to be serially spamming the thread over and over with the same points, at least take the time to get your spelling right

It's Jauron, not jaroun

If we are going to become the spelling police for a little bit, lets take the time to address all of our lovely posters who regularly misspell Hangartner among others.

Carucci sniffed around the Ralph today at the game and followed-up on the media reports about Bills, Cowher, etc.

Carucci reported on 97 Rock that:

-Fewell gets interview on Monday

-Meeting with Cowher was "hey how ya doing" conversation. Not a meeting of huge substance. At least nothing on par with the 7 hour conversation with Shanahan.

-Cowher up to this point still hasn't viewed Buffalo as the perfect, right situation.

-Cowher is still quietly keeping his eyes on the Carolina situation. And would be happy to return to CBS

-No Weiss. No Marty Schot-ball.

-Billick will NOT get an interview in Buffalo

-Carucci is unsure about Fassell, Haslett but senses they are not high on list. Bills don't seem to be pressing for them.

-Grimm, Harbaugh, Rivera could be in mix, but nothing definitive

So basically Carucci says that it's unlikely that Weis, Cowher, Schottenheimer, Billick, Fassell, Haslett, Grimm, Harabaugh, Rivera, or Grimm will be hired... okay? are there any likely candidates?

Also, it would appear that Carucci is calling Jason Cole a liar...

WRONG AGAIN, THE STEALTH MEETING WAS THE 3RD TIME. once after they met with shanahan, 2nd 3 weeks ago, and then the stealth meeting..........

get over it, cowher is coming to buffalo on tues....

How about this, if you're wrong, would you agree to limit yourself to one post per day?

Can't we all just admit that no one has a clue as to what's going on. Didn't all these "insiders" break the Shanahan story about a week late?

Unless it's been confirmed by the Bills, it's speculation. No one in the Bills administration is running over to Carrucci to give him an inside story to break. Brandon's not an idiot.

We should all just suck it up and wait to see what happens. Playing the "This might or might not have happened, here's what it may or may not mean game" is just idiotic.