cowher now linked to the houston texans

In my opinion, the fact that the Texans have major pieces in place is a double-edged sword from Cowher's perspective. Yes, it makes it easier to win more quickly. But it also means Cowher better like the pieces they have in place and not have a strong desire to shop for his own "groceries," as Parcells once said. In other words, a place like Buffalo would allow Cowher to build the team how he wants it, not inherit lots of entrenched skill players.

It might be wishful thinking, but I think there's something to it.

thats true...but wow unless the Bills get amazingly fortunate in the draft and FA they are 3 yrs away at least from doing anything . daunting for a new coach to look at the mess which is the buffalo Bills.

thats true...but wow unless the Bills get amazingly fortunate in the draft and FA they are 3 yrs away at least from doing anything . daunting for a new coach to look at the mess which is the buffalo Bills.

We could easily be a 10-6 team next year, or the year after.

Dude, Cowher's not going to the Texans. They just beat the Pats with 21 fourth quarter points. This is their first winning season in club history. Kubiak's not going anywhere.

Not so sure.....Kubiak has failed to take the team to the playoffs in 4 seasons....with such a talented roster they have not been able to get past the Colts and the Titans..Houston will be jumping on Cowher over Kubiak any time.

Not so sure.....Kubiak has failed to take the team to the playoffs in 4 seasons....with such a talented roster they have not been able to get past the Colts and the Titans..Houston will be jumping on Cowher over Kubiak any time.

I'm not sure you read my post above, but in case you haven't, here is some quoted text directly from Schefter's Twitter feed:

Despite speculation to contrary, Texans HC Gary Kubiak expected back in Houston next season.

about 4 hours ago from web

Casserly did say this, but didn't cite any specific source. It was hard to tell what, if anything, he based this statement on.

That's because Casserly, himself, is a source. One of the most trusted names in football. I'll take his word for it.

I'm not sure you read my post above, but in case you haven't, here is some quoted text directly from Schefter's Twitter feed:

That is what Schefter is speculating. Why wouldn't McNair take a step back and rethink what he wants next year. Kubiak has failed in his four seasons. His last game should not have a bearing on what he has not achieved in 4 seasons.

If the Texans give him another year or two, I think they're going to be an excellent team very soon. They're not winning consistently yet, but they're definitely moving in the right direction.

People have said this exact same thing about the Texans every year since their existence.

"Just give David Carr a few years to develop..."

"Carr needs a legitimate #2 WR..."

"Wait until Carr gets a top-notched TE..."

"Carr's not the answer; they need a franchise QB..."

"Jury's still out on Schaub; give him another year in this offense..."

"The offense is great, but they need to get better on defense..."

"Williams is great, but they need a better pass rush from the other side..."

"Ryans is outstanding; but they need another great linebacker..."

"They need a better coach...."

While the Bills have been a perennial 7-9 team for the last decade, the Texans have been an 8-8 one. For such a mediocre team, the Texans have a lot of excuses...

Well I heard that the Saints and Colts aren't interested. How's that for news!

:doh:

After the Colts losses the last two weeks there are rumors circulating that if they don't win the Super Bowl by at least 30 points that Cower is headed there ... apparently he has a first cousin who manages a business in downtown Indy and the two of them are really close!

one functional qb for next year, the Bills can compete.

There are some decent players on the team.