Billick, Brian S, Rivera....what happened to Cowher?

DarthICE

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowher announcement on Tuesday. All the interviews just a smokescreen.

You are dreaming. I would be happy if they hired Billick, after all he has as many Super Bowl rings as Cowher in about one third of the seasons, and much less talent-which is what anyone is going to have in Buffalo.

I listened to Clayton's "show" on GR on their website and he flat out says no way Cowher is coming to Buffalo. He doesn't explain why or anything, though. I don't really know what Clayton's track record is on hits and misses, either. I do know he's got that Pittsburgh connection.

Anybody know how he can flat out say that?

Billick, Cowher, who gives a sh*t really? They all have more Super Bowl rings than the Bills do and they are bad As*es! I would love to see either one stalking the sidelines. These guys are credible no BS coaches that can make teams pay. Wouldn't it be great to rock some worlds out there again. No more weak defensive stands. No more pus*sy footing around. National media and the other teams would know we were on the schedule. Tough, mean, and nasty. Love it baby! :lol:

Billick, Cowher, who gives a sh*t really? They all have more Super Bowl rings than the Bills do and they are bad As*es! I would love to see either one stalking the sidelines. These guys are credible no BS coaches that can make teams pay. Wouldn't it be great to rock some worlds out there again. No more weak defensive stands. No more pus*sy footing around. National media and the other teams would know we were on the schedule. Tough, mean, and nasty. Love it baby! :lol:

Coaches can't block or tackle. We need a credible player on our defensive line- one that teams are afraid of. We also need a better offensive line. Wood should move to center and Butler back to RG. Cutting Incognito should be the FIRST move of the offseason. Don't mistake tough and nasty for stupid and undisciplined. Stupid, selfish players who make stupid penalties make you lose games. WE need to be at least two deep at every line position (counting two DT positions).

Add a feature WR- a guy who can haul in about 10 passes a game and is a threat in the red zone- could be a TE or slot WR.

I am starting to get on the Mike Leech bandwagon.

That's the way I see it too. Cowher first and Billick a distant second. They both bring instant credibility and are clearly better than anything we've seen here since the glory years.

I thought Coach Sal said this was a slam dunk or something like it? Out of all the listed above I would go with Billick for his offensive mind and previous head coaching exp.

I'd be thrilled with Cowher...Pretty Happy with Billick...not quite sure about B. Shottenheimer? One thing about Brian Billick..is that it is fitting that his initials are the same as the Buffalo Bills... BB !! So speaking from Bills logic at OBD the hiring of BB is inevitable!!-(just a hint of sarcasm I suppose). I think what assistant coaches and coordinators a potential coach can line up is probably the most important factor in selecting the right coach! DOES ANYONE KNOW..If Brian Billick were to coach the Bills who would be logical selections for his Offensive & Defensive Coordinators?? Who did he have in Baltimore and our they currently employed?? I would like to see someone put together the best possible combination of a

Coach, O/Coord & D/Coord, and maybe QB, RB, WR, OL, DL Coaches if you want to get that specific....Maybe the dream team in coaching!! Have to think BIG if it is to be possible!! An Idea has to start somewhere...then (build it and they will come)..lol....smack it on a billboard...twitter...etc...blogs...and get the best set of coaches in place and go after what us

deprived Buffalo Bills fans once had in a team & organization..(It was fun in the early 90's !!!) Like Rocky said "Go for It" !

Cowher announcement on Tuesday. All the interviews just a smokescreen.

based on what?? Who is your source-you? Wishful thinking? Sleepwalking and made a pitstop at the computer? Well anyways I would be happy is all heck if it were true...but everything I have read, or listened to is saying that no way is Cowher coming here...Please leave some supporting documentation if it exists...but I think your just playing with our balls.... :lol:

based on what?? Who is your source-you? Wishful thinking? Sleepwalking and made a pitstop at the computer? Well anyways I would be happy is all heck if it were true...but everything I have read, or listened to is saying that no way is Cowher coming here...Please leave some supporting documentation if it exists...but I think your just playing with our balls.... :lol:

woops...Bills not Balls...oh well whatever suits ya!

I wouldn't be upset with Rivera or Billick. Some guts on the sidelines would be a welcome change. A little bit of swagger wouldn't be too bad either.

I just don't want BS (Brian Schottenheimer) here. He's not ready. Another year or 3 maybe of seasoning.

I like the idea of us looking to bet a HC with experience first. But Rivera though wouldn't be a bad hire IMO, if he we can't get Cowher or Billick.

C

They stated they were looking at a coach that had previous head coaching experience, that leaves a bunch at the door.

The weakest area of this team is the offense, scheme, O line, play calling. It would be smarter to hire an offensive minded coach WITH head coaching experience, preferably someone who built a winner in the past

Brian Billick-Jon Gruden-Mike Shanahan,Marc Trestman (CFL) maybe Steve Mariucci who did have winning teams while with the 49ers.

The only other offensive minded coach but didn't get a fair chance to build a winner might be Cam Cameron. I'd think he would love to get a shot a the Dolphins 2x a year for firing him.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Coac...am_Cameron.aspx

I wouldn't be upset with Rivera or Billick. Some guts on the sidelines would be a welcome change. A little bit of swagger wouldn't be too bad either.

I just don't want BS (Brian Schottenheimer) here. He's not ready. Another year or 3 maybe of seasoning.

I like the idea of us looking to bet a HC with experience first. But Rivera though wouldn't be a bad hire IMO, if he we can't get Cowher or Billick.

C

But not two years of seasoning.

I think one of the things that Cowher would bring to the table is more favorable commentary from the talking sports heads on the tube. They'll be less likely to jump on The Bills in the early going as making bad choices if he's at the helm. Same could be said for Billick and Marty - they'll be given some slack, but The Chin would provide the most air support during the honeymoon.

Leach would be pilloried and the organization along with him as the blood-in-the-water media are currently feeding on his entrails.

That said, F'em. Pick the best guy available that wants the job and Buddy thinks can actually do what's been impossible since Marv left - bring winning football back to Buffalo. I think any of these guys - maybe Leach a bit less-so - would improve the credibility of the franchise quite a bit. The Donahoe/Jauron decade was an abject disaster and the quicker we turn the page on that the better.

Billick would be a good fit, but my one concern is this. Offense! They say he is a great offensive mind but he could not develop a QB or a respectable offense when he was there. Hell, he thought that signing Willis MaGahee was great for Baltimore. They must have had a Dave and Busters. I like that he had a Great D, but Ray Lewis is a ounce in a lifetime player. They don't come around too often, and when they do we would pass them up in the Draft (Lewis, Patrick Willis, Okefor).

In my opinion, if He was able to get a great Offensive Coordinator, than I'd love the move. Maybe Weiss, will want less responsibility and accept a OC role. Who the hell knows. But we do need someone that is a hard ass (Cowher, Billick) Do you think that all these injuries are a coinsidence. Jauron was too soft on them. Except for Wood. That was just bad luck.

Still say the should throw the kitchen sink at Cowher.