Ryan Mallett

timbuk3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, he can throw the ball 100 mph but I have not liked what I've seen from him at all. He can't move and isn't all that accurate. For now, pass on Mallett.

In his last six games, Mallett threw 15 touchdowns to only four interceptions, and he maintained a solid completion percentage around 60.0 and a mind-boggling YPA of 9.9.

He would be a bit of a project and if the Bills were to draft him, they would no doubt have to let the kid sit on the bench to develop him.

The maturity issues are one thing. Bad, but he's young and will grow. The problem is he is terrible. I had the "pleasure" of watching him play for Michigan when they had a coach who knew what he was doing, and Mallett was so bad they benched him and transferred his rear right out of U of M. He hasn't looked much improved at his new school either. Just say no. I Buffalo wants a QB they better hope that one of three things happens. One of the top QBs in the draft other than Clausen drops to eight, they can get LeFevour or Pike in the second round, or some QB is available in FA that is better than what we have. Also, I want to see what Brian Brohm shows in the offseason. He was a very good QB for Louisville and had a good arm. He's suffered in GB from the starters don't get hurt syndrome that other QBs have suffered. I still think the Bills are going to have to go after a QB though, either in FA or Draft. Just not Ryan Mallett.

Really? I just don't know what to say about that post...It's the definition of uninformed...

As a Michigan Fan I think the Kid did just fine as a pure Freshman...And as a Soph at Arkansas he has looked amazing at times, and at times he's struggled...But he's only a Soph...He's 6-7, has a good arm and decent touch...He's thrown 36 TD's and 12 INT's in those two Years...How is that terrible?

I'm not saying he's going to be a good Pro either...I'm not even saying I want The Bills to Draft Him, though I would not mind if they did...I'm just saying so far his College Career has been anything but terrible...Give the Kid a break... :lol:

Really? I just don't know what to say about that post...It's the definition of uninformed...

As a Michigan Fan I think the Kid did just fine as a pure Freshman...And as a Soph at Arkansas he has looked amazing at times, and at times he's struggled...But he's only a Soph...He's 6-7, has a good arm and decent touch...He's thrown 36 TD's and 12 INT's in those two Years...How is that terrible?

I'm not saying he's going to be a good Pro either...I'm not even saying I want The Bills to Draft Him, though I would not mind if they did...I'm just saying so far his College Career has been anything but terrible...Give the Kid a break... :lol:

OK, he is tall.

For what it's worth, Arkansas vs. ECU today (Jan. 2) at 5:30 in the Liberty Bowl.

He'd be a fool to enter the draft. this kid is not NFL ready, far too many wholes in his game. Another year under a passing coach would help.

Billick, perhaps our future coach, echoed those same feelings during the game.

If he is a 3rd round pick fine. College sophomore QBs are a horrible pick. They never have enough experience playing and it gets about 100 times more complicated playing in the NFL. I'm all for him being our pick in 2013 but now only if he was a later round pick. Sanchez was only a junior with little playing time and has had a VERY difficult time adjusting o the pro game. Good for the Bills but not the Jets. Lucky for him they have a great defense who oversome his awful Ints and they have very good Special Teams as well

He'd be a fool to enter the draft. this kid is not NFL ready, far too many wholes in his game. Another year under a passing coach would help.

Billick, perhaps our future coach, echoed those same feelings during the game.

Billick was not calling that game my friend. It was Ed Cunningham. :lol: They do sound alot alike though.

If what I heard about Thurman being made a scout is correct, the comments he made on WGR a few weeks ago about Mallet are pretty interesting: when his co-host asked Thurman about quarterbacks in the draft, Claussen and Bradford were discussed by the co-host, but the first guy Thurman brought up was Mallet.

So let's see if the kid declares or not. If he does, it is going to be interesting to see what the Bills do.

Has accuracy issues is an understatement. A completion % of 60% in college is not very good. I would be interested in his WRs RAC stat which is another good indication of accuracy, but I bet its kinda low. He plays for Petrino who also coached Brohm and now they are saying Brohm had trouble with reads and progressions because of the simplicity of Petrinos O. If the Bills are going to take a big project QB who likely wont start next season then it better not be in round 1 and Id prefer Tebow over Mallet. Id take Mallet over Pike though.