Cam Cameron

Walleye

Nix is close friends with former Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer, although Marty insists that he isn't coming out of retirement. One connection to both Nix & Schottenheimer is Cam Cameron.

Currently the offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens, Cameron joined Baltimore after spending the 2007 season as the Dolphin's head coach. Prior to gaining the Miami job, Cameron was the offensive coordinator for the Cahrgers for five seasons. The head coach was Schottenheimer and Buddy Nix was the Assistant General Manager and Director of Player Personnel.

Cameron enjoyed a lot of success as the Chargers offensive coordinator. To be fair, his lone year in Miami was not his fault. The Dolphins had just lost head coach Nick Saban to the university of Alabama.

Cameron began the season with Trent Green as his starting quarterback but after four games, Green was put on the injured reserve. For the rest of the way, the Dolphins went with Cleo Lemon and rookie John Beck as their quarterbacks. The Dolphins also suffered another setback with then NFL leading rusher Ronnie Brown went down for the season with a knee injury.

After the 1-15 season, Cameon was fired as Bill Parcells joined Miami and brought in his own staff.

Cameron is another Dick Jauron, some one who is a good coordinator but cannot make Personnel decisions...

His pick of Ted Ginn Jr over Brady Quinn cost them that season and where is Beck and Lemons now....

Cameron is another Dick Jauron, some one who is a good coordinator but cannot make Personnel decisions...

His pick of Ted Ginn Jr over Brady Quinn cost them that season and where is Beck and Lemons now....

That has to be the Fins WORST draft EVER & I doubt they ever come close to having a draft that bad again.

Cameron is a good OC but TERRIBLE HC.

I am really not lobbying for Cameron, just noting that there could be a connection. As for personnel decisions, I'm pretty sure it was GM Rany Mueller and not Cam Cameron who chose Ginn over Brady.

And what would Brady Quinn have brought to the team?

Nix is close friends with former Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer, although Marty insists that he isn't coming out of retirement. One connection to both Nix & Schottenheimer is Cam Cameron.

Currently the offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens, Cameron joined Baltimore after spending the 2007 season as the Dolphin's head coach. Prior to gaining the Miami job, Cameron was the offensive coordinator for the Cahrgers for five seasons. The head coach was Schottenheimer and Buddy Nix was the Assistant General Manager and Director of Player Personnel.

Cameron enjoyed a lot of success as the Chargers offensive coordinator. To be fair, his lone year in Miami was not his fault. The Dolphins had just lost head coach Nick Saban to the university of Alabama.

Got nothing to do with it. Pretty common for teams to lose coaches (retirement, termination, etc...).

Falcons had Petrino quit on them, and how that turn out for the Falcons?

Cameron began the season with Trent Green as his starting quarterback but after four games, Green was put on the injured reserve. For the rest of the way, the Dolphins went with Cleo Lemon and rookie John Beck as their quarterbacks. The Dolphins also suffered another setback with then NFL leading rusher Ronnie Brown went down for the season with a knee injury.

After the 1-15 season, Cameon was fired as Bill Parcells joined Miami and brought in his own staff.

Edit: Oops.

Edited by Cynical

That has to be the Fins WORST draft EVER & I doubt they ever come close to having a draft that bad again.

Cameron is a good OC but TERRIBLE HC.

There are many people who were good coordinators, but made lousy head coaches, see Greg Williams, the Mangenious and Jim Zorn for example and probably Charlie Weiss.

The problem is that everyone assumes that you need to be a head coach to be successful (including those coordinators).

I am really not lobbying for Cameron, just noting that there could be a connection. As for personnel decisions, I'm pretty sure it was GM Rany Mueller and not Cam Cameron who chose Ginn over Brady.

At the PR when the Ginn pick was anounced by Cameron, he said "I KNOW TED GINN & the entire Ginn family, he will be a GREAT player for the Miami Dolphins" I'm pretty sure Cam played a role in that pick.

At the PR when the Ginn pick was anounced by Cameron, he said "I KNOW TED GINN & the entire Ginn family, he will be a GREAT player for the Miami Dolphins" I'm pretty sure Cam played a role in that pick.

I believe he said, Tedd Ginn Jr. will be a GREAT punt returner for the Miami Dolphags.

Got nothing to do with it. Pretty common for teams to lose coaches (retirement, termination, etc...).

Falcons had Petrino quit on them, and how that turn out for the Falcons?

Edit: Oops.

You are right. EVERY team in the NFL has to deal with duplicitous over-egoed lying dirt bags like Saban and Petrino at some point. I'm glad it happened to the Dolphins. I don't think Cameron was helped or hurt by the Saban situation other than that Saban had run the Dolphins into the ground. He got out while the getting was good. We'll really never know if Cameron could turn it around because Parcells brought his own team which was again neither a postitive or a negative regarding Cameron.

Cameron was merely transitional between the Saban disgrace/debacle and the turnaround with Parcells. I don't really want Cameron, but to be fair no one could have expected him to pick up Saban's pieces because there were too many pieces to pick up. That was one broken organization. I wish Saban had stayed there.

Agreed - the punch line to every joke down here in South Florida for an entire year included some reference to Ted Ginn's family. Whenever I see the guy's name I'm reminded of the local sportstalk bit where they interposed "Cam Cameron" into MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This". Fin fans couldn't stand the guy.

I don't know much of Cam Cameron, but his tenure in Miami resembled Dick Jauron's. It was like a weekly soap opera that centered around watching an otherwise decent, quiet man just fall deeper and deeper into the abyss .... complete with the "Weekend at Bernie's" empty stare.

If you recall the presser after the selection, CC went on about the strong ties he had with Ginn Sr. and the whole Ginn family. It seemed to me that selection was all Cam's.

Just think, Lou Saban chose Dante Culpepper over Drew Brees :bag:

Seriously, have any of you seen what Cam Cameron has done with Joe flacco or that Baltimore offense?

I'd think it would be safe to say that Cameron is responsible for developing Drew Brees.

Just a clip from the Ravens site: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Coac...am_Cameron.aspx

2006: Led the NFL in scoring with a team-record 492 points ... It was the third straight season the team scored more than 400 points ... Over those three seasons, the Chargers amassed 1,356 points, a figure surpassed only by Indianapolis (1,388 points) ... Also, it was the 10th-highest scoring total since the NFL went to a 16-game schedule in 1978 ... The Chargers were the only team in the league to rush for 2,500 yards and pass for 3,400 yards, and they led the NFL in red zone TDs – 42 TDs in 62 trips (67.7%) ... SD also set a team record by rushing for more than 100 yards in 14 of its 16 games and scored 20 or more points in all but one of those contests ... Rivers posted a 14-2 record in his first season as a starter, tied for the second-best record by a QB in his first 16 starts ... His play-calling helped Tomlinson become the 2006 AP MVP when L.T. led the league in rushing with a teamrecord 1,815 yards and set single-season NFL records for most total TDs (31) and most rushing TDs (28) ... Six members of Cameron's offensive squad were named to the Pro Bowl.

You guys are effed in the head if you think one season as head coach can define and characterize someones ability to be a head coach.

If that is the case where would Jimmy Johnson be with his first year at Dallas, didn't the Cowboys go 1-15 his first year?

Read the Bio I linked and then post

I would love to see Cam Cameron get a chance to pay back Miami every year for dumping him!

If the season "wasn't his fault." Parcells would have seen that and kept him.

Parcells wanted "his" guy, no question about it. He knew Tony Sparano from Dallas where he was handpicked by Parcells as the O line coach.

Whereas he didn't know Cam Cameron at all and didn't know if he could work with him, communication is everything between GM and head coach.

You are right. EVERY team in the NFL has to deal with duplicitous over-egoed lying dirt bags like Saban and Petrino at some point. I'm glad it happened to the Dolphins. I don't think Cameron was helped or hurt by the Saban situation other than that Saban had run the Dolphins into the ground. He got out while the getting was good. We'll really never know if Cameron could turn it around because Parcells brought his own team which was again neither a postitive or a negative regarding Cameron.

Cameron was merely transitional between the Saban disgrace/debacle and the turnaround with Parcells. I don't really want Cameron, but to be fair no one could have expected him to pick up Saban's pieces because there were too many pieces to pick up. That was one broken organization. I wish Saban had stayed there.

Replace the above in bold with Wannstedt and you've got it right!

And what would Brady Quinn have brought to the team?

Who knows...BRady Quinn did have a successful NCAA career and was a 1st round draft pick, who was caught in the numbers game as well as the coaching carousel in Cleveland. May be he sits for a year and then takes over and has success in Miami.

Just think, Lou Saban chose Dante Culpepper over Drew Brees :lol:

Who cares who Lou liked. Now, Nick Saban, Lou's possible cousin, the HC of the Dolphins in 2006, wanted Brees. The mighty Dolphins medical staff would not clear Brees for play.

Seriously, have any of you seen what Cam Cameron has done with Joe flacco or that Baltimore offense?

I'd think it would be safe to say that Cameron is responsible for developing Drew Brees.

Just a clip from the Ravens site: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Coac...am_Cameron.aspx

2006: Led the NFL in scoring with a team-record 492 points ... It was the third straight season the team scored more than 400 points ... Over those three seasons, the Chargers amassed 1,356 points, a figure surpassed only by Indianapolis (1,388 points) ... Also, it was the 10th-highest scoring total since the NFL went to a 16-game schedule in 1978 ... The Chargers were the only team in the league to rush for 2,500 yards and pass for 3,400 yards, and they led the NFL in red zone TDs – 42 TDs in 62 trips (67.7%) ... SD also set a team record by rushing for more than 100 yards in 14 of its 16 games and scored 20 or more points in all but one of those contests ... Rivers posted a 14-2 record in his first season as a starter, tied for the second-best record by a QB in his first 16 starts ... His play-calling helped Tomlinson become the 2006 AP MVP when L.T. led the league in rushing with a teamrecord 1,815 yards and set single-season NFL records for most total TDs (31) and most rushing TDs (28) ... Six members of Cameron's offensive squad were named to the Pro Bowl.

You guys are effed in the head if you think one season as head coach can define and characterize someones ability to be a head coach.

If that is the case where would Jimmy Johnson be with his first year at Dallas, didn't the Cowboys go 1-15 his first year?

Read the Bio I linked and then post

I would love to see Cam Cameron get a chance to pay back Miami every year for dumping him!

True enough about Wanny but at least he is man enough to admit his faults. Saban is a blowhard who runs when the going gets tough. I wish he was still there.

Well hes going to win the national championship this year so I guess college is just his game.