We Don't Want Marty as New Coach

box0life

I don't want Marty Shottenheimer as our next coach. He is old, out of touch with the current league, and doesn't win in the playoffs. If Nix was hired to entice Marty to be our next coach, I'm done with Bills football and will concentrate my time on the Buffalo Bulls who hired an energetic, no nonsense coach and appear to be heading in the right direction.

The big question is whether or not Nix has any type of past relationship with Bill Cowher or Russ Grimm.

We don't need a GM and Coach who were recently in retirement. This didn't work with Levy, so why do we continue to look to the elderly for this teams future? I have nothing against old people, but we need some younger fresh energy in this organization.

I don't want Marty Shottenheimer as our next coach. He is old, out of touch with the current league, and doesn't win in the playoffs. If Nix was hired to entice Marty to be our next coach, I'm done with Bills football and will concentrate my time on the Buffalo Bulls who hired an energetic, no nonsense coach and appear to be heading in the right direction.

The big question is whether or not Nix has any type of past relationship with Bill Cowher or Russ Grimm.

We don't need a GM and Coach who were recently in retirement. This didn't work with Levy, so why do we continue to look to the elderly for this teams future? I have nothing against old people, but we need some younger fresh energy in this organization.

good...I guess one less fan to complain constantly

I don't want Marty Shottenheimer as our next coach. He .......doesn't win in the playoffs............

Now that is a fact that anyone can see is true. His playoff record is horrible. How long before people scream for his head after he gets the Bills to a winning season record but he gets them no where in the playoffs.

I have seen Marty rebuild Cleveland and would have been more of a success if it were not for Earnest Byner. In Washington he started off slowly, but the team turned it around towards the middle to end of the season and most likely Washington would have been better off now if not for their impatient owner. I San Diego it got personal between he and AJ and with AJ's ego and owner backing Marty was gone after a 14-2 season. Tell me really by looking at this were Marty is really to blame for falling short. He is not my first choice for a new coach, but he turns things around for the teams he takes over.

HE ISN"T COMING BACK INTO FOOTBALL, HE JUST SAID HE COACHED FOR 30 YEARS AND HE IS DONE. HE ISN'T COMING BACK FOR ANY TEAM.

Maybe he will think about it for a few days and change his mind. Like Marv, Modrak and now Nix. Nobody circles the retirement home like the Buffalo Bills.

Seriously, I'd take Marty over the guy they will likely end up with, but plan on replacing your HC and GM in a couple years when these guys get burnt out from all the 8 hour days(that should have been 16 hour days).

I'm awfully happy that the first part of my prediction has held true, now if Marty were on board as HC, I couldn't be happier. He builds teams that would ideally be successful in Buffalo, with the elements that we play in, the division that we play in, the conference that we play in, and the mentality that Buffalonians would love to see.

Marty is a no brainer given his ties to Buffalo and to Nix.

Very, very flawed logic. Schottenheimer built some very tough minded teams- different than the soft serve we've had lately- and he knows how to win- he isn't as stubborn as you think.

As far as the playoffs, his teams overachieved in the regular season and were outmanned in the playoffs. They didn't lose because of his coaching. Most of his career he has had QB's like Dave Kreig, Steve Deberg and a 100-year old Joe Montana. When he was in San Diego, he was able to get guys like Wade Phillips and Norv Turner as his coordinators- both of which are leading playoff teams/division champions right now. Marty Schottenheimer is a Hall of Fame coach and one of the all-time winners in the league who did things the right way.

The GM is like a CEO you DO want an older EXPERIENCED guy in that position. Dick Vermeil was an old retired Coach out of football for FIFTEEN years before becoming the Rams HC in 1997.

It didn't work out with Williams or Mularkey so why go with a young guy?

Marty was fired in a year where his team was FOURTEEN AND TWO

The bills have not sniffed that for like EVER

WTF

You have to love the logic. It is kind of like "Hey, even I haven't had sex for about a year, I'm not going to go home with that blonde at the bar, because she is only a 9.0. I demand to take home a 10!"

Marty may not be the best coach... but he is far better than the Bills deserve at this point.

Maybe he will think about it for a few days and change his mind. Like Marv, Modrak and now Nix. Nobody circles the retirement home like the Buffalo Bills.

Seriously, I'd take Marty over the guy they will likely end up with, but plan on replacing your HC and GM in a couple years when these guys get burnt out from all the 8 hour days(that should have been 16 hour days).

He said it yesterday :censored: