Nix's contributions 93-00 for bills

justnzane

Buddy Nix was the scout for the Southeast during his tenure for the Bills. During this time the Bills drafted the following players from his region:(bolded are ones that had "decent" contributions for the Bills)

93: Thomas Smith, Sebastian Savage

94: Bucky Brooks, Lonnie "friggin" Johnson, Marlo Perry, Corey Louchey, Sean Crocker

95: Damien Covington, Ken Irvin

96: Eric Moulds, Gabe Northern, Matt Stevens

97: Jamie Nails, Sean Woodson

98: Sam Cowart, Robert Hicks, Jonathan Linton

99: Peerless Price, Sean Bryson, Keith Newman, Bobby Collins

00: Travares Tillman, Corey Moore, Avion Black

Most of these picks were in 5th round or earlier

Buddy Nix was the scout for the Southeast during his tenure for the Bills. During this time the Bills drafted the following players from his region:(bolded are ones that had "decent" contributions for the Bills)

94: Bucky Brooks, Lonnie "friggin" Johnson, Marlo Perry, Corey Louchey, Sean Crocker

Good post :worthy: , I was just pondering this question myself....

I was happy until I saw Lonnie "friggin" Johnson :lol:

I don't think Travares Tillman's mama would say he contributed anything to the franchise. Ditto Corey Moore and Avion Black. That '00 draft may have been the worst in team history, and should have gotten a lot of people fired.

Good post :worthy: , I was just pondering this question myself....

I was happy until I saw Friggin' Lonnie "friggin" Johnson :lol:

Let's nip this one in the bud before any more get it wrong....the "friggin" part comes before Lonnie, not between Lonnie and Johnson.

Covington was a good pick. His career was cut short.

Now do the same list for Nixs' contributions to San Diego... where there was good coaching behind the scenes and on the field.

Besides- our problem is not the draft (future or past), it's been the O & D schemes and lack of enthusiasm and bad game day coaching.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Nix

Here's the wiki link...no names but he did draft a lot of pro bowlers

Now do the same list for Nixs' contributions to San Diego... where there was good coaching behind the scenes and on the field.

Besides- our problem is not the draft (future or past), it's been the O & D schemes and lack of enthusiasm and bad game day coaching.

this guarantees we get a so so coach and a so so team. Ralph is so old school its not funny. kiss the ring and you are in. doesn't matter if you have any track record of success. let the mediocrity continue. I'll bet Nix came cheap as well. 70 years old? is Tom Landry available to coach as well? is he still alive? gosh it sucks to be a bills fan.

And I suppose Nix pulled the trigger on each pick???.....Buffalo scouting was successful in 90's and successful in sandiego the last decade and he was a big part of it - and knows how they did business successfully....

great hire Buddy Nix

this guarantees we get a so so coach and a so so team. Ralph is so old school its not funny. kiss the ring and you are in. doesn't matter if you have any track record of success. let the mediocrity continue. I'll bet Nix came cheap as well. 70 years old? is Tom Landry available to coach as well? is he still alive? gosh it sucks to be a bills fan.

...and with the money RW saved on the GM hire, he can (in his head) justify throwing the ranch at Buffalo Bill Cowher, who, by the way, should be excited to come here and play with our running backs- Lynch (the underachiever sometimes know as beast mode) and a new type of Slash (D3 Jackson).

70 years old? is Tom Landry available to coach as well? is he still alive? gosh it sucks to be a bills fan.

WTF does his age have to do with anything? Does he know what he's doing that's all that matters. If you are

under 50 and know more than Buddy Nix about football at any level put in your resume to get a gig in the

league. Do you know more than Buddy Nix about football?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Nix

Here's the wiki link...no names but he did draft a lot of pro bowlers

Here are the ones I could find, leaving out special teams:

Tomlinson, Antonio Gates, Drew Brees, Lorenzo Neal, Jamal Williams, Shawn Merriman, Marcus McNeill, Nick Hardwick, Kris Dielman, Angelo Cromartie

Seven of them have been to multiple Pro Bowls.

Covington had two monster games right before his knee blew out....He was a very good pick.

...and with the money RW saved on the GM hire, he can (in his head) justify throwing the ranch at Buffalo Bill Cowher, who, by the way, should be excited to come here and play with our running backs- Lynch (the underachiever sometimes know as beast mode) and a new type of Slash (D3 Jackson).

Actually, I think the Nix hire greatly reduces whatever minor chance we had of signing Bill Cowher. As many NFL pundits have already said, Cowher would want the GM authority, if not the title. It is believed that the Pittsburgh GM, Kevin Colbert, took his orders from Cowher...not the other way around.

Cowher will not want to report to Nix...who reports to Brandon...who reports to Ralph. He would not position himself so lowly on the pecking order.

I'm not too sure about Nix, but if Tom Landry is available and willing sign him up!! He's made the playoffs more than once, he's won a super bowl and had some pretty decent teams IIRC.

Actually, I think the Nix hire greatly reduces whatever minor chance we had of signing Bill Cowher. As many NFL pundits have already said, Cowher would want the GM authority, if not the title. It is believed that the Pittsburgh GM, Kevin Colbert, took his orders from Cowher...not the other way around.

Cowher will not want to report to Nix...who reports to Brandon...who reports to Ralph. He would not position himself so lowly on the pecking order.

His press conference seamed to say just that. He would be looking to givethe coach the room to request the people he needs to play the game.

I'm not too sure about Nix, but if Tom Landry is available and willing sign him up!! He's made the playoffs more than once, he's won a super bowl and had some pretty decent teams IIRC.

he died Feb 12 2000. Might better bring back DJ......or possibly not