Thomas as a scout?

buffalo1983

Russ was the one to make this move. Thomas kind of hinted toward this for a while now. No surprised. Its not like he will be the main guy but just added as another guy. Nothing wrong with having someone that knows the game in there and that actually cares a lot about the team.

I've often feared that "glory days" players would be pulled in for such roles, as if they had any real ability beyond appeasing a few fans who want to live in that past.

If Thurman is made a scout, Nix's credibility will suffer. He should be stocking us with proven talent, not feel good picks as some homage to the past.

whatever man. thurman loves this team, and an extra pair of eyes won't hurt. i don't want him to be THE GUY, but a guy scouting game film and making suggestions of who may be good players. Remember this HOF'er played against tons of good players, so i bet he has a pretty decent eye as to who may be good talent.

I've often feared that "glory days" players would be pulled in for such roles, as if they had any real ability beyond appeasing a few fans who want to live in that past.

If Thurman is made a scout, Nix's credibility will suffer. He should be stocking us with proven talent, not feel good picks as some homage to the past.

Yeah, the guy who mis-placed his helmet fits right in that FO.

On NFL.COM

Bills hall of famers Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas attended the news conference. Both are familiar with Nix, whose stint in Buffalo overlapped their careers.

And both said they are willing to assist Nix in whatever capacity, with Thomas saying he has been asked to serve in some type of scouting role.