Why do some people become retards while holding a cell phone?

BuffaloBill

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll mention it if I ever get the kid alone.

Actually here's a great idea. Next time just strike up a conversation with that kid. "So Billy, how's your Christmas been, how's school, in any sports blah blah blah." Draw him back into the real world. If you catch hell from that I'd run away from home. :thumbsup:

So not putting up with a little **** texting during Christmas dinner makes me a narcissist?

Relax ... I was just kidding and I was referring to the self esteem issues not the dinner issues ... have a :censored: on me. Next time I am in SF I will be glad to provide a real one.

Sarcasm does not come off well here sometimes. Cheers.

I thought Narcissists Named vs. anonymous would tip it off ... oh well .. lame attempt at humor. I'm bored right now what can I say? Really wish I was in SF right now so I could buy you a :censored: and then go get some good eats. FWIW I think SF has the best food scene in the country. I know NYC fans would beg to differ but in NYC you get too much attitude - even at the "everyday places."

Actually here's a great idea. Next time just strike up a conversation with that kid. "So Billy, how's your Christmas been, how's school, in any sports blah blah blah." Draw him back into the real world. If you catch hell from that I'd run away from home. :censored:

I would have waited till he hung up, then called him from the same dinner table with my cell phone.

I thought Narcissists Named vs. anonymous would tip it off ... oh well .. lame attempt at humor. I'm bored right now what can I say? Really wish I was in SF right now so I could buy you a :censored: and then go get some good eats. FWIW I think SF has the best food scene in the country. I know NYC fans would beg to differ but in NYC you get too much attitude - even at the "everyday places."

I didn't get the Narcissist Named thing. I was actually going to look it up. :blink:

I'm in the middle of a couple of things here at work so it really didn't even click.

I would have waited till he hung up, then called him from the same dinner table with my cell phone.

Kid is easy to talk to and actually carries a conversation for a 16 yo. I did not have my phone as the people that I thought would call me were right in front of me. Point being I'd like to have a couple of minutes with him to point this out without is mom or dad lurking.

i have never been to SF so I cannot really compare, but I love the food scene in DC...with so many embassies and as a result, tons of international restaurants, and most very unpretentious....something different on every block....i do have to get sf one of these days

FWIW I think SF has the best food scene in the country. I know NYC fans would beg to differ but in NYC you get too much attitude - even at the "everyday places."

i have never been to SF so I cannot really compare, but I love the food scene in DC...with so many embassies and as a result, tons of international restaurants, and most very unpretentious....something different on every block....i do have to get sf one of these days

I agree here having been to DC last year. However SF is just much more on the cutting edge and I think is in a bigger spotlight so the pressure to be the best is greater here. DC like SF has great local farms to get their produce, meat, cheese etc from just like SF which I loved but two things DC doesn't have is Napa and Sonoma. Because of that SF draws world class foodies so the local chefs have to be up to the task at all times. I liked the food scene in DC but LOVE the food scene here in SF.

I really don't get all the personalized ringtones with all the cools songs and stuff. Sure it's great if you're sittin around with buds, but does anyone ever look good with Tone-Loc's Wild Thing blasting when they get a call in public or in a meeting? Personally, I have some classical piece as my primary ring tone. Not that I like classical music, so much. But more so, because when I forget to turn it off, it sounds more understated and unobtrusive.

I use different ringtones so I can tell who is calling me without looking at the phone. If I don't want to answer, I just hit the button on the side to silence it and send them right to voice mail.