Troy Smith demands trade

Tortured Soul

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he couldn't beat out Kyle Boller....

IS THAT THE ROFLCOPTER I HEAR? :thumbsup:

no thats you being an idiot. he was a rookie then. he ran a good offense when boller was gone and is a solid prospect. if we could get him for a 6th or 7th its a great pickup. he is mobile and has a cannon and unlike vick he's a passer first, runner second. i like the thought of him on the cheap. at the least he's better than the harvard grad...

I'll take hungry talented youth over a broken down journeyman.

I'll take decent talent journeyman whose been around the NFL block a few times and had some success. They're out there and we could get one. Pennington, T Jackson, Orton, Jeff Garcia, Batch, and Damon Huard are FAs. We could try to trade for Collins (Todd OR Kerry) or Brunell or Volek or AJ Feeley or Chris Sims and have a QB that we at least know can play. The team would rally around a guy like that because they know he can do it because he has. I wake up every day and pray to the football gods that we don't go into 2010 with a young QB who we think could be really good someday for the 6th straight year.

Not saying this is a long term answer, but maybe just a way for us to right the ship and win some games and build some mojo.

Dude would be the best QB on our roster, how could you not want him? Not to mention he played very very well for them when he did get the starts. Hire Jim Harbaugh and let him talk to brother Jon about him and go from there...

Agree. I went to a Ravens preseason game this past summer and Troy Smith played from the beginning of the 2nd Qtr till the end. He was a man among boys since he was carving up 2nd and 3rd stringers with his arm and legs. I would take him in Buffalo in a heartbeat. He may not be a "franchise" QB but you never know? he could be another Drew Brees in waiting. Certainly he's better than anyone on the current roster. My only concern with him would be injury. Seems like his game is condusive to ankle injuries since he runs around alot.

I'll take decent talent journeyman whose been around the NFL block a few times and had some success. They're out there and we could get one. Pennington, T Jackson, Orton, Jeff Garcia, Batch, and Damon Huard are FAs. We could try to trade for Collins (Todd OR Kerry) or Brunell or Volek or AJ Feeley or Chris Sims and have a QB that we at least know can play. The team would rally around a guy like that because they know he can do it because he has. I wake up every day and pray to the football gods that we don't go into 2010 with a young QB who we think could be really good someday for the 6th straight year.

Not saying this is a long term answer, but maybe just a way for us to right the ship and win some games and build some mojo.

I'd take Jackson and Sims off your list, but the rest is rather dismal. Kyle Orton is going to be signed by the Broncos and Pennington's future is in limbo with his latest injury. Brunell, Volek, Feeley, Huard, Batch, Collins, and Garcia have all proved they can't get it done or haven't gotten it done in a long time. I want a legit competition for the starting QB spot. You're mistaken if you think the team would rally around Mark Brunell being handed the starting job in 2010.

I would be willing to trade Roscoe, Donte, Chambers,Edwards and 6-7 others for anyone who would turn out as a solid 2nd string qb. Hell, I'll trade TO. So he's not under contract...shhhhhhh, don't tell the Ravens. I personally would trade Donte for a practice squad player. We could have the un-named player change his position to LB or O-line and have him start next year.

who is this bona fide starter?

Bona Fide, QB East Northern State, Ht: 6-4 Wt: 233

Fide reminds me a lot of Donovan McNabb. He has a thick body and can move, but he'd rather run through you than around you. His greatest asset is his arm strength. He can make a lot of throws that most college players just don't make. He throws well on the run or in the pocket. Needs to touch up his footwork as he shows a tendency to throw off his back foot from time to time.

http://recruiting.scout.com/