Great Bills Weekend in Atlanta!!

DrDawkinstein

First off, MANY thanks are in order.

Thanks to Billy Shaw, Mark Kelso, John Murphy and Chris Brown for coming to the Bill Backers ATL bar on Saturday night for a great casual event. All of these guys are class acts and were even kind enough to take an open QA session. Fun night at the bar with guys who are proud to be part of the Bills organization. (more on what Chris Brown had to say about Russ Brandon later).

Thanks to all of the Bills fans who came to the party/tailgate/game from all over the country. We had Backers clubs from Alabama, Tennesee, Carolina, etc show up and help have a great time.

EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS to the people that run the Bills Backers ATL chapter. The biggest chapter outside of New York State, and probably the best run. Thanks to John, Ronni, Melissa, Rob, and anyone else I might forget or don't know. I know it takes a lot of work to organize a "typical" party, let alone a weekend of parties for 300+ people all during the holidays. If anyone ever questions Bills Fans' loyalty and dedication, they only need to look as far as Atlanta to see that we still care about this team.

Now, to the details...

Saturday night, during the Q&A, the panel was asked if they felt the Bills should hire a top level Head Coach right now, or if they should be going for a top level GM first and let him hire the coach. They all agreed that it would make sense to hire the GM first. When handed the mic, Chris Brown added that since the word came out that the Bills were looking for a GM too, Russ Brandon "has gone completely underground". What I got from Chris was that NO news is coming out of One Bills Drive about ANYTHING, so don't expect to hear anything for a while. At this point, anything that is "reported" is all rumors.

Besides that, nothing new or groundbreaking. All good guys (to say the least). Glad they could take time to hang out with a bunch of drunks.

Sunday! Tailgate! Just a few hundred of our closest friends from all over the country, Sahlen's Hot Dogs, Chiavetta's Chicken, Galla's Pizza, and a lot of beer! Bryan Scott had family there, and I believe Nic Harris did as well. Great time in the lot, what else can you say? Pinto Ron was there with his bowling ball. Should have stayed outside instead of wasting my time and money on the game.

Once again, it was made totally clear that the reason we continue to do this has nothing to do with the team at this point, but more so for the people and friendships. I'm disappointed that I didn't make it back to Hudson Grille Midtown for the Sabres game at 6pm, but it was a long day already.

Thanks again to everyone who helped make this a great weekend. Ralph and Co. not included in that.

I am one of the Atlanta Billsbackers. Just to add a little more motivation to hook up with the Atlanta BB's, March 15th, the night before the Sabres-Thrashers game, Lindy Ruff and Rick Jeanneret are going to have a Q&A at the same place, the Hudson Grille Midtown. It is a great group, and Ronni has made some good connections for us. She does an excellent job organizing events along with Russ, the manager at Hudson Grille.

Glad to see the Altanta Chapter is still the best in the business. Seeing your post brought back some great memories of our Bills Backers Superbowl party. Still remember busses pulling into the lot of the bar at 1am. Was at the game Sunday, but not able to attend any of the festivities. Would have liked to see some old friends. Viva la Pinto Ron!