There are several free agents who might fit the bill at QB!

Lenigmusx

The list of qb's is incredibly thin, wouldn't touch Batch, Harrington, or Carr. Garcia will be what 41 by next season - totally agree it's all about the line. In the words of Tom Osborne when the O-line is good almost anything works and when it's poor nothing does.

You could put ANY of those QB's behind the BEST O-Line in the NFL & they should be able to win as many as 7 or 8 games for you. The line is important, but at the end of the day it really is ALL ABOUT the QB.

I still think Jeff Garcia has a solid 2 years left in him.

I never understood why he was chased out of San Fran, did not catch on in Philly, and was given the raw deal in Tampa.

He only wins (and kicks @$$ while doing it).

Garcia had a solid 2 years left in him about 5 years ago. As a Bucs fan, I have seen plenty of him & he is FINISHED.

If we bring in a free agent to help develop Brohm there are a few QB's in their 30's who might work. Jon Kitna 37 (Dallas) is a possiblity I just don't like him much. The two that I find intriging are Charlie Batch who as back up in Pittsburgh may be willing to jump ship to start somewhere and Joey Harrington who has been behing Drew Brees in New Orleans for a year now and probably has learned a ton. Harrington is only 31 so he could stick around for a while but who knows. Also intriging is David Carr the back up in NYG right now. Thoughts anyone?

No, no, no and no.

It would be the same QB's we have on our roster, just different names.

Draft a college guy, keep Woods, Levitre, Hangartner, Incognito and Bell to hopefully

keep him upright and move to the future that way.

I like your idea, but not your choices. Charlie Batch, yes. The others no. Here's who I think we should consider: Todd Collins, Kerry Collins, Tavaris Jackson, Duante Culpepper, if healthy - Chad Pennington, Billy Volek, Mark Brunell. Some are free agents, some we'd have to trade for.

I'm sure I'm missing a few. My idea is to next year not be trying to develop a young quarterback for the 6th year in a row. Let's get somone who has had some success in the NFL. Someone we know who can play reasonably well. Someone the other guys on the team will want to follow because they know he knows where he's going. Not someone everyone is hoping will be good someday.

I'm tired of baby sitting snot nose rookie QBs.

Chad Pennington. The only 2 QB's to win the AFC East in the last 8 seasons have been Tom Brady and Chad Pennington. Pennington has played in the AFC East all of his career and seems like he could be a great mentor to a guy like Brohm. The Bills should begin to target Chad Pennington asap he could hold down the fort for next season as we build the lines to be bigger and better.

We draft a top flight LT get back Wood and Butler from injury and that takes care of the offensive line then draft the best front 7 player to help out the run D. Yeah Pennington has injury problems but he is due for a healthy season and if anyone knows how to bounce back from injury its Chad Pennington. Keep Fitz as the insurance policy while Brohm sits the bench learning from the vet Pennington.

I think that the QB discussion should start with Pennington I can't really think of a better guy that would actually be available in free agency.

Kitna, Harrington and Batch all played for Detroit...'nuff said. Wouldn't want any of those guys on the roster.

(How bad are we if folks are advocating picking up cast-offs from the Lions?)

All losers!!!!!!! See what Brohm can do....Draft a QB as high as you can and go with the consensus of the NFL draftniks as to who is the best available instead of trying to trick someone and think you are going to steal someone in the third round who is going to be the next Joe Montana because he is booksmart and Bill Walsh approves! Trent Edwards didn't even tear it up in College so what were they thinking when they put him out there with a subpar offensive line?? I don't get management of our Bills! They consistently make bonehead moves or lack of when needed. Clean house as far as management goes! Keepers: Brian Moorman, Fred Jackson, Jairus Byrd, I'm starting to struggle to name many more? Lynch?? I'm not impressed with him! Schobel? Houdini doesn't have much on him! Poluzny? I can't even remember how to spell his name anymore! Maybe Maybin? Oh yeah him and Hardy, and Steve Johnson are still on the team...okay you can keep Mckelvin, Mcgee....T.O. for maybe for 2-3 million but not 6 million! Team dietician, and Strength & conditioning coach

need to be replaced. We're so bad even the waterboy needs to go! Start over from ownership down, draft QB & Your Offensive & Defensive lines and bring in some quality Free Agents that aren't that free! Practice outdoors! Accept the ball if you win the coin toss, Get Bill Cowher,etc.....

I think a healthy line of Bell, Levitre, Wood, Incognito, and Chambers gets us at least in the top 15.

Replace that line with this :

Levitre, Wood, Hangartner, Incongnito, Butler and I'm content.

Bell is far too raw and Chambers is fine as a backup. Hangartner has been very good this year handling bigger DTs. I don't know why some on this board dont give him credit. He has not been pushed back often in pass protection and has been excellent in run blocking and gets to the second level often. most inside rushers that have gotten pressure have been the guards fault, not so much his, at least from what I can tell.

On of the nice things we've seen the past few weeks is that Levitre has probably been the best LT we have had all season... He is smaller then I'd like, but if he gets to the 315 range I am completely OK with him manning that position. Let's see how he does if Mathis or Freeney lines up against him in a week.

If we bring in a free agent to help develop Brohm there are a few QB's in their 30's who might work. Jon Kitna 37 (Dallas) is a possiblity I just don't like him much. The two that I find intriging are Charlie Batch who as back up in Pittsburgh may be willing to jump ship to start somewhere and Joey Harrington who has been behing Drew Brees in New Orleans for a year now and probably has learned a ton. Harrington is only 31 so he could stick around for a while but who knows. Also intriging is David Carr the back up in NYG right now. Thoughts anyone?

Jeff George is available....He should be well rested after taking the past decade off.

Stick a fork in all of them.