Trent deserves better...

Pozitive51

I take it you missed the Steelers game last week against Cleveland. I live right smack in the middle of Steelers territory and if you think folks aren't complaining about their pathetic O-line the way we do, your kidding yourself because damn near everyone I talk to says the reason the Steelers won't make it to the superbowl this year is their pathetic O-line play and its a miracle Big Ben is even standing.

The Steelers O-line is allot better than the Bills O-line and Trent Edwards is not Big Ben.

No, no it isn't. It isn't "allot" better. It also isn't "a lot" better; or any better at all for that matter.

There isn't anything related to football that backs up that statement. At all. Anywhere. And if there is, then I dare you to show me.

Because there isn't.

They give up practically just as many sacks as Buffalo (43 for Pittsburgh vs. 44 for Buffalo through yesterday's games), and rush for fewer yards (110.2 for Pittsburgh vs. 112.8 for Buffalo through yesterday's games).

Yet they have the #6 passing offense in the league, and rank 6th in the NFL in team QB rating.

And it's because of the QB.

Which should be obvious because their OL is lousy.

I know that you'll fight me to the death on this one, without ever presenting evidence to support your argument, so I'll go no further in debating this with you until you present something, anything, at all, of any relevenance, that supports your side of the debate (other than "I talk to other fans and they say so"). The numbers don't lie.

Oh, and you may want to let all those Steeler fans with whom you regularly consort know this: when you lose your best defensive player, and your pass defense drops from #1 in the league in 2008 to #17 in 2009, you're going to have more difficulty winning games. THAT, my friend, is the reason they can't win games this year. Unless, of course, you think that allowing Bruce Gradkowski to throw for almost 300 yards and 3 4th quarter touchdowns has nothing to do with it.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Skooby hasn't heard some of the nasty names I have, Deans the only one that comes close and its no surprise he doesn't post much anymore. One of our best, smartest posters and Deans probably just tired of the BS he gets from some folks.

A few incidents aside, you really don't get called names any more than any other poster from what I've seen.

Besides, if it's truly as bad as you seem to imply, and it really bothers you that much, tell a Mod. If you're not willing to do so, then you have nobody to blame but yourself, which means that you have no place crabbing about it on the very board that shows you such disrespect.

No offense.

No, no it isn't. It isn't "allot" better. It also isn't "a lot" better; or any better at all for that matter.

There isn't anything related to football that backs up that statement. At all. Anywhere. And if there is, then I dare you to show me.

Because there isn't.

They give up practically just as many sacks as Buffalo (43 for Pittsburgh vs. 44 for Buffalo through yesterday's games), and rush for fewer yards (110.2 for Pittsburgh vs. 112.8 for Buffalo through yesterday's games).

Yet they have the #6 passing offense in the league, and rank 6th in the NFL in team QB rating.

I know that you'll fight me to the death on this one, without ever presenting evidence to support your argument, so I'll go no further in debating this with you until you present something, anything, at all, of any relevenance, that supports your side of the debate (other than "I talk to other fans and they say so"). The numbers don't lie.

Oh, and you may want to let all those Steeler fans with whom you regularly consort know this: when you lose your best defensive player, and your pass defense drops from #1 in the league in 2008 to #17 in 2009, you're going to have more difficulty winning games. THAT, my friend, is the reason they can't win games this year. Unless, of course, you think that allowing Bruce Gradkowski to throw for almost 300 yards and 3 4th quarter touchdowns has nothing to do with it.

I hear ya. I'd say the sack numbers are deceptive though. The Bills QBs have been throwing the ball off their back heel as waves of defenders roll over them, while Big Ben has taken sacks trying to extend plays and make things happen. The look of the execution is very different, the latter won games last year and a Super Bowl. Still, a sack is a sack and they aren't good offensive plays for sure.

Pittsburgh lacks balance. Their running game tailed off last year, but that was offset by effectiveness of their passing game and a stout defense. This year the defense has slipped and without the running game, they have become a one-dimensional team that is ever so close to not even making the playoffs.

Please oh please show us ANYTHING where TO has thrown anyone under the bus this season to get more reps? You said he is just waiting to do so...well there are only 2 games left this season, so when do you think he is going to throw someone under the bus that will just ruin our season?

You lose all credibility with your rant here, not that you had much to stand on with your Trent love fest, but labeling TO as if he has been some kind of problem is lame.

First of all the last thing I am concerned about is my credibility with posters on this board. I don't have any love for Trent Edwards, I believe he is a above average QB in this league that will flourish under better circumstances.

TO has no option but to keep his mouth shut. His production is horrible and he is over the hill. There wasnt a huge market for him last year... if he implodes publicly as a Buffalo Bill it would kill him this spring. He is smart enough to keep waiting until he has the next contract secured and then you will see throw our entire organization and many teamates under the bus.... some deserve it some dont. The problem with TO this year is that his presence limited the development of Hardy and Johnson and he took reps away from our best WR Lee Evans.

Guest dog14787
A few incidents aside, you really don't get called names any more than any other poster from what I've seen.

Besides, if it's truly as bad as you seem to imply, and it really bothers you that much, tell a Mod. If you're not willing to do so, then you have nobody to blame but yourself, which means that you have no place crabbing about it on the very board that shows you such disrespect.

No offense.

I was simply pointing out to SDS that most folks in my opinion won't narc other posters out because a snitch is the lowest of low to some folks. The impression you give is that snitching is the way to go which sorry buddy, but it gives me a bad impression of you.

Personally, I've got no problems with the board or moderating for the most part and actually go out of my way to protect other posters from harassment when I can.

If someone threatens bodily harm Simon will be on them like a skunk on sh@t and you will have two choices, stop or be terminated, that's generally enough moderating to satisfy me. Believe me, I'm not perfect and I've been on both sides and had the same thing said to me once upon a time, stop right now or you are history, so I stopped.

As the same old tired "Buffalo Excuses"...its always SOMEBODY ELSE'S fault....its always "the circumstances."

QB played bad? Its the OL's fault.

OL played bad? Its the QB's fault.

Whole Offense played bad? Its the OC's fault.

OC didnt call good plays, its the HC's fault.

HC stinks? Its the GM's fault.

If its not the OL, its a headband...or a glove...or the weather......or an injury...or a coach who yells too much (or not enough) or doesnt have a headset on.

And, of course....its ALWAYS "those referees who have it out for the entire WNY region!!!!!"

Can we, as Bills fans, STOP THE !@#$ING EXCUSES?

As if the Bills have all these "gems" on the field who are being "held back" by all those "circumstances" around them.

Maybe the players just arent that good? Could it be? Nah.

Guest dog14787

Because there isn't.

Maybe someone else will see this and bring up the O-line comparison stats again. I'm not sure what web site posted it, but there's only one stat that I have to mention and that's experience. The Bills have by far the least amount of experience on the O-line than any other organization in the national Football League including the Steelers. Incognito may have helped a little, but not that much.

Maybe you think because its the O-line experience doesn't matter, I don't know, but you are wrong in my opinion.

I sit here and read threads like this and can only laugh at the way most Bills fans sit there and wonder why the franchise cannot attract a decent coach or talented players. What QB would *want* to play in this cesspool of flaming stupidity? They watch what happened to Trent's career, see the obviousness of the truth, and you have to wonder, why would any quality QB come to this broken !@#$ing franchise, get mauled for 2-3 years, and then get slandered by a bunch of brainless !@#$ing morons on the team website?

No no, blame yourselves for the Bills perpetual lack of competitiveness. Because good players have to be stupid to come and play in front of badgering, judgemental idiots in the bowels of western NY under 6 feet of snow, knowing that the situations utterly beyond their control are going to have an army of ignorance worshipping idiots calling for their blood.

You people make me !@#$ing sick.

Right, becuase Trent Edwards was this great player, got to that "cesspool" in Buffalo and WHAMMMO!!!!!!!!....now he sucks. Im sure its the FANS that took his Marino-like abilities to stand tall in the pocket and turned him into Captian Checkdown. Is the FANS who took Mcelvin's brains from his head and put them in his ass...and took Maybin's away all togehter. Its the FANS saying "Van Pelt!!!!! Dont throw it to TO!!!!" Yep....its all OUR FAULT.

Give me a break.

Funny...I dont recall the situation like you spelled out above taking place with a certain crop of a few hundred players in the late 80s/early 90s.

First of all the last thing I am concerned about is my credibility with posters on this board. I don't have any love for Trent Edwards, I believe he is a above average QB in this league that will flourish under better circumstances.

TO has no option but to keep his mouth shut. His production is horrible and he is over the hill. There wasnt a huge market for him last year... if he implodes publicly as a Buffalo Bill it would kill him this spring. He is smart enough to keep waiting until he has the next contract secured and then you will see throw our entire organization and many teamates under the bus.... some deserve it some dont. The problem with TO this year is that his presence limited the development of Hardy and Johnson and he took reps away from our best WR Lee Evans.

OMG, give it up.

Guest dog14787
OMG, give it up.

Oh yee of little faith my friend, do you honestly think Jay Cutler is a bad QB just because he struggled in his first year behind a new offense and coaching staff.

Jay Cutler has all the tools necessary to be a successful QB in the NFL one day and in my opinion he will.

I sit here and read threads like this and can only laugh at the way most Bills fans sit there and wonder why the franchise cannot attract a decent coach or talented players. What QB would *want* to play in this cesspool of flaming stupidity? They watch what happened to Trent's career, see the obviousness of the truth, and you have to wonder, why would any quality QB come to this broken !@#$ing franchise, get mauled for 2-3 years, and then get slandered by a bunch of brainless !@#$ing morons on the team website?

No no, blame yourselves for the Bills perpetual lack of competitiveness. Because good players have to be stupid to come and play in front of badgering, judgemental idiots in the bowels of western NY under 6 feet of snow, knowing that the situations utterly beyond their control are going to have an army of ignorance worshipping idiots calling for their blood.

Please take my quoting your post in my signature as a compliment. Exactly the type of master stroke I would expect of a 9 page opus (and counting) entitled "Trent Deserves Better" (and other works of fiction). Well played sir.

Oh yee of little faith my friend, do you honestly think Jay Cutler is a bad QB just because he struggled in his first year behind a new offense and coaching staff.

Jay Cutler has all the tools necessary to be a successful QB in the NFL one day and in my opinion he will.

Jay Cutler has alot of skill and is capable of putting up points. I was wrong about him though, he is likely never going to be an elite QB. He doesn't have the decisionmaking ability to be considered top shelf. He will continue being a serviceable starter in Chicago for a long time.

IMO, TE will never get a starting job again. He needs to find a nice cushy backup role behind a great QB.

This has to be one of the dumbest posts I have ever read. If you honestly think that what you, myself, or any other arm chair QB puts on this post makes a difference in where a FA goes or who coaches you are crazy. First, this isn't the team's website, you brainless moran and this forom is just a place to learn some stats, swap ideas and commiserate with other Bills fan. As a Bills fan living far away from WNY it is also a way to reconnect with home. But to think for a minute that a FA is not going to come to Buffalo because of what I or anyone else post on here is stupid. You pay them enough and they come. You change the culture of losing over the last 10 years and they come. What I or anyone else puts on this website really does't matter. Enjoy being sick you dumba$$

So, let me get this straight. It is the Bills fans that are to blame for the Bills struggles as a football team. The players know that the situation, playing winning football, is out of their control.

Riveting stuff, really. Any more self-loathing cart-pulling-horse stupidity you want to toss out there? :ph34r:

My only questions for you are

1. Why are you such an active poster at this site? You seem to hate us and western ny but login often

2. Do you really think fans of other teams, don't scrutinize their players?

3. Do you really think players and coaches shy away from Buffalo because fans are judgemental?

You gotta be a troll. It's a cute rant though.

LOL...this isnt even close to what you have written about TO...once I asked you to show any evidence at all of TO throwing someone under the bus or being a cancer, you then flip your story to say the issue is his presence keeps our young guys off the field...

You clearly have no clue to waht you are even trying to communicate...

Ah yes, so it's our fault. That makes perfect sense!

By jove, you've nailed it! After all these years, after all this time, it's the fans! The fans I tell you!

Aside from the fact that your a stark-raving lunatic incapable of forming a coherent rational thought, you also have a completely-misplaced hatred for a region and a fan-base that [gasp] doesn't like the fact that our favorite team loses football games consistently and [double gasp] has the nerve to discuss the who's and why's of such on-field failures.

Do yourself a favor and delete your account. This forum doesn't need another monumental idiot trumpeting about how stupid the fans are. If anything, most of us are loyal to a fault, as evidenced by the person that started this thread.

The organization is to blame for the team's failures. If you doubt that, I'm not surprised, since there's no way that someone capable of making the above-quoted post has the first clue about accepting responsibility. I'm sure that--in your world of complete and utter asininity--it makes perfect sense to say that the people that support the business are responsible for the quality of the product. In the real world, the management system is responsible for the product. Now, again, I'm sure you won't understand that, but that's okay. Just know that the best course of action for you is to leave this forum forever, so that you cannot infect others with your stupidity. Absent that option, you may want to consider flushing yourself down the nearest toilet.

Have a nice life.

Maybe someone else will see this and bring up the O-line comparison stats again. I'm not sure what web site posted it, but there's only one stat that I have to mention and that's experience. The Bills have by far the least amount of experience on the O-line than any other organization in the national Football League including the Steelers. Incognito may have helped a little, but not that much.

Maybe you think because its the O-line experience doesn't matter, I don't know, but you are wrong in my opinion.

Sorry man, but that's not going to cut it.

I asked you to show me something, anything, that would tell me that Pittsburgh's OL has performed a lot better, or even a little better, than Buffalo's. Your response is that they have more experience? Ok, great.

Jamarcus Russell has more experience than Matt Ryan, does that mean he's a better QB? No. Why? Because Ryan out-performs Russell. Experience just means that they've been in the league longer, and it doesn't guarantee performance. Rookies play as well or better than veterans all the time. Performance is what matters, not experience, and Pittsburgh's OL hasn't performed any better than Buffalo's...which is the foundation for my argument. Now, do you have anything real to support your stance?

Guest dog14787
Sorry man, but that's not going to cut it.

I asked you to show me something, anything, that would tell me that Pittsburgh's OL has performed a lot better, or even a little better, than Buffalo's. Your response is that they have more experience? Ok, great.

Jamarcus Russell has more experience than Matt Ryan, does that mean he's a better QB? No. Why? Because Ryan out-performs Russell. Experience just means that they've been in the league longer, and it doesn't guarantee performance. Rookies play as well or better than veterans all the time. Performance is what matters, not experience, and Pittsburgh's OL hasn't performed any better than Buffalo's...which is the foundation for my argument. Now, do you have anything real to support your stance?

My eyes...

Once upon a time a had put up a huge argument because I thought Fred Jackson was the best RB on our football team, even had Tim Graham in on the argument.

Well guess what, there's not to many folks arguing about it now are there.

My eyes...

Once upon a time a had put up a huge argument because I thought Fred Jackson was the best RB on our football team, even had Tim Graham in on the argument.

Well guess what, there's not to many folks arguing about it now are there.

I've always liked Freddie Jackson..i told people when he was in NFL Europe he was gonna be a good RB in the NFL,,but you know what? doesn't mean **** because I also thought Trent had "it" but he doesn't so just because you are right about one player doesn't make you an expert and the stats are against you my friend..seems like you are arguing just to argue and you have no proof to back up your points except your "eyes" lol that's funny.